Bugs by mail?

Nurse Dave

Thinking about many posts I was thinking, most people cache around their own area so bugs jump around the same place or are held for a long trip which sounds like it makes people frustrated. What if I were to pick a random person from a post on this website, email them and if it's okay send them the travel bug. I could log the transfer and this would get the bug in a whole different area.

Nurse Dave

---I will stand out, I am a raven in the snow.

If it's your own travel bug, sure, why not?

If it's someone else's TB, then absolutely not without asking first. A big part of the fun of TBs is seeing if they can get to their goal in a sort of "random" manner through caches. To most owners, having one mailed would violate the spirit of the game.

25021_1200.gif

Well, I don't think the idea should be "outlawed" or anything - but I know I'd never want anyone to mail any of my bugs to someone else.

I like the idea of natural movement. And just because people tend to cache in their area, that doesn't mean it will never go far...

I mean, if everyone caches in their immediate area - lets say a 20 mile radius, there will probably be many overlapping circles of coverage for all the different cache hunters, and eventually it will start to move.

That's my hope anyway - my bugs have only been in the wild a few weeks now. icon_wink.gif

--==< http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe >==--

Well, I don't think the idea should be "outlawed" or anything - but I know I'd never want anyone to mail any of my bugs to someone else.

I like the idea of natural movement. And just because people tend to cache in their area, that doesn't mean it will never go far...

I mean, if everyone caches in their immediate area - lets say a 20 mile radius, there will probably be many overlapping circles of coverage for all the different cache hunters, and eventually it will start to move.

That's my hope anyway - my bugs have only been in the wild a few weeks now. icon_wink.gif

--==< http://home.columbus.rr.com/rubbertoe >==--

I recently had several TB's in my "hands". I collected them as I was putting my own in caches.

(I like TB's & placing them as best to their goal, if any, as possible).

One of the TB's goal was to go to each Capitol in the U.S. & have it's picture taken & posted. So, when we went on vacation, I left that one here & placed it as close to my State's Capitol as possible. Well, wouldn't you know it, one of the TB's I placed on vacation, ended up in that State's Capitol. icon_frown.gif Just a Tidbit..

H&SC........

rocker51

[This message was edited by ron50eli on October 26, 2002 at 02:33 PM.]