Want to log Earth Cache, but he's banned.

ScottishHoosier

Hello. I recently did my first Earth Cache while on vacation far from home. I need to answer three questions and post a photo. I hadn't been able to post the photo because we weren't at home. Now I'm ready to log my visit, but see that the guy who set up and runs this Earth Cache has been banned. Because he's banned, I can't email my answers. I could log my visit and post my photo, but don't know if it will simply be deleted.

Does someone else take over these caches? Could it be a temporary ban? How can I find out if this guy will be allowed back? If he's been banned and no one has responsibility for his caches, why haven't they been archived?

Thank you!

Does someone else take over these caches? Could it be a temporary ban? How can I find out if this guy will be allowed back? If he's been banned and no one has responsibility for his caches, why haven't they been archived?

Thank you!

For the answer to the first question, from the members profile page ...

To geocachers from Groundspeak:

11 Feb 2010

Please go ahead and log caches that you have legitimately found. The cache owner can do appropriate maintenance and log verification after the ban period is terminated.

Yes, the ban is temporary since it did not say permanently banned on the profile.

They are not archived because the frog is not quite that mean. If the CO was permanently banned they probably would be archived. As for when, the ban period just keeps getting longer and longer (doubles?) each time you cross the line. You probably could make a pretty good swag as to when with that information.

I think I did one of his too. The one I did was at White Sands. I don't know what he did and from what I understand it's verboten to ask but I think he's supposed to be allowed back in Feb. I just went ahead and logged it for my smiley. He has some really cool ones out there.