Halloween COINTEST : Scary Ghost Stories

scificollector

My twins enjoy scary ghost stories. To that effect, I will be running a cointest for the scariest ghost stories between now and 11:59pm CST on Halloween Night (10/31). Prizes are as follows:

DSC01965-1.jpg

Geojellies 4 "Ectoplasma"

DSC02152-1-1.jpg

The Ghost Doubloon

Rules:

You may post one scary story per day until the cointest ends. Please take pity on me and do not make them extraordinarily long as I will be reading all of them to my children over the next few nights. B)

My girls, Ashley and Paige (age 8), will be making the determination of the final winners so stories should be suitable for children. In the event that they cannot come to a consensus, winners will be determined by a random number generator.

Bear Lake Monster

A Utah Ghost Story

retold by

S. E. Schlosser

If you travel to Bear Lake in Utah on a quiet day, you just might catch a glimpse of the Bear Lake Monster. The monster looks like a huge brown snake and is nearly 90 feet long. It has ears that stick out from the side of its skinny head and a mouth big enough to eat a man. According to some, it has small legs and it kind of scurries when it ventures out on land. But in the water - watch out! It can swim faster than a horse can gallop - makes a mile a minute on a good day. Sometimes the monster likes to sneak up on unwary swimmers and blow water at them. The ones it doesn't carry off to eat, that is.

A feller I heard about spotted the monster early one evening as he was walking along the lake. He tried to shoot it with his rifle. The man was a crack shot, but not one of his bullets touched that monster. It scared the heck out of him and he high tailed it home faster than you can say Jack Robinson. Left his rifle behind him and claimed the monster ate it.

Sometimes, when the monster has been quiet for a while, people start saying it is gone for good. Some folks even dredge up that old tale that says how Pecos Bill heard about the Bear Lake monster and bet some cowpokes that he could wrestle that monster until it said uncle. According to them folks, the fight lasted for days and created a hurricane around Bear Lake. Finally, Bill flung that there monster over his shoulder and it flew so far it went plumb around the world and landed in Loch Ness, where it lives to this day.

Course, we know better than that. The Bear Lake Monster is just hibernating-like. Keep your eyes open at dusk and maybe you'll see it come out to feed. Just be careful swimming in the lake, or you might be its next meal!

B)

Many stories are known about ghosts or supernatural.... things that are strange.... stories that will make your hair go up... stories that will bring fear to you....

I will tell you some stories... unfortunatelly not all because of the time and the rules.....

I can only say that.... even you are not a believer..yet... when something happens to you you will start thinking in an other way....

sometimes... you may pass from a place and you feel uncomfortable... you feel that something is there... you feel that someone is watching you... someone is behind you... you turn but you do not see anything.... Am I correct?? Your hair goes up.... you feel fear but there is nothing there..... what is wrong... is that your 6th sence? the forgoten sence... can your brain, your heart, your body be wrong? Is there a possibility that there is something there that.. you just cann ot see it at the moment?? something from an other life... from an other dimension???

so... welcome here and enjoy reading.... all the things that I will mention... or most of them happent to me or to my family.. or to neighbours...

I will start with a strange story that happent to me and scared me so much!!!

My grandfather was dead for a long time.. I was 5 when he died... and I was not going to Leros island (where he lived and was burried) every year...

Many years had passed and I was about 16 -17 years old! I desided to go alone this time! the rest of the family would stay in rhodes! I was going to live with my Uncle and my Aunt! I had my own room so everything was great! B)

While I was there...it happent to be the day my grand father was burried out... if I remember well, or the day he was burried! Yes, because there is not much space.. after some years, they burry out the dead, the bones are collected, they are washed, cleaned and they are placed in a box and in a special area in the cemetary...

anyway... I went with my aunt to th cemetary and we burned incense making the cross symbol in the air in front of the box the bones of my grandfather's bones! His name was Nikos too!

visiting a cemetary was making me feel unfomfortable... Greek cemetaries are not like yours.... So...

Day passed nice.. I had some great time and the time to go to bed had come! I had a nice sleep.... until I started feeling the smell of the incense in my nose...

"oh...Aunt... you started burning incense early in the morning???" (we do that to icons or if it is a holy day, a Saint is celebrating...or if it is a day a family member died etc.....)

I thought it was my aunt and it was morning...

I am not a heavy sleeper! I wake up with anything! even if a moskito is flying in the room I can hear it, I can even hear the tic tic of the clock in the hall... So..

the smell was the same of the incense we burned for my grandfather... but it was getting stronger and stronger! I opened my eyes and I saw that it was dark!!! I always keep a small light open because I do not like dark...

I could see but it was still night!!! I called my aunt but she didn't reply! Both my aunt and my uncle were sleeping!!! I saw my watch... it was 3 or 4 at night!! then the corner of my eye saw something moving...

I turned my eyes up.. where the main light was.. and saw something like a tiny black cloud... or better like hundrents of tiny black flies were going around the light! I saw it making 3 rounds and then it came down, passed above my head, when I smelled the incense so strong... and then it dissapeared on a wall... it was like it passed threw it... All that time I was so afraid, I couldn't even move! I was lying and seeing this strange thing... I tried to scream or to call my uncle and my aunt but I couldn't! the voice was not coming out!!! I was feeling so cold... even if I was covered with blanckets!!

I know that I was too old for my reaction but I coverend my head with the blankets and I was trembling from fear! I couldn't sleep!! In the morning my aunt found me like that! I was still awake! she asked me if I was ok and I told her everything! I was so afraid... my aunt was socked but told me not to be afraid... it was probably the soul of grandfather who came to see me and say thank you for remember him....

the next night.. even if I was still afraid... everything was ok! This never happent to me again!

I do not know what this was... I do not know if it was my grandfather or something else!

The only thing I know is that it was not my dream! I was awake...

I grew up in a house that was haunted. It was something I just grew up knowing and didn't think anything about it. I had many strange experiences while growing up, doors that I now I had shut and locked where standing wide open or doors that where normally open being shut, the water faucet in the bathroom would be on, but no one would have been in there. The strangest was the smell of cigar smoke ( no one smoked in the family). My parents would dismiss the things going on, but one night my mom had one that was very hard to dismiss! :anibad:

She had gotten off from work a little early and decided to use that time to catch up on some house work before picking me up from the babysitters. When she came in the house the smell of cigar smoke was VERY strong, much stronger then ever before. The dog and the cat seemed to be very upset as well. Mom looked through the house but didn't see anything strange, so she tried to get busy cleaning. However, the smell kept getting stronger and stronger and the animals started acting very strange. The cat poofed up like a fuzz ball and the dog started running through the house barking. Mom was really starting to get freaked out about all this when the animals seemed center their attention on a hall closet. This was the same door frame that the previous owner had fallen and hit his head against when he died. Mom was thinking that maybe there was someone in the closet. She finally worked up the courage to open the door and ...........NOTHING?!?! B) She believed me after that :o

The Ghost of Pemberton Hall

My first experience with ghosts came in college when I lived in the dorms at Eastern Illinois University. At night we would occasionally hear odd noises, silverwear moving, glasses clanking together, things like that. This was a little unsettling but I we lived in a dorm so my roomies and I chalked it up to the noise of living with a couple hundred people. Then things got a little stranger, items around the apartment would be moved and nobody would admit to moving them. At night sleeping we'd hear the faint sound of a girls voice and it almost sounded like she was saying help. After asking around we found nothing wrong and once again we chalked it up to coincidence.

One night a roommate and I were at the dorm over a holiday weekend, most other people had went home for the long weekend but we didn't have plans so we hung out at school for the weekend. That night we were in the dorm room and we began to hear the sound of a piano. We thought maybe it was someone listening to music but it sounded like a live piano. We began exploring the dorm and we came to a locked unmarked door where we determined the sound was coming from. We had always assumed it was a closet or boiler room

Being kids we decided to see what was in that room. We went back and got some tools to open the locked door without being detected. I used my student ID to jimmy the door and as it creaked open we walked slowly into the empty room. It was cold and dusty and there seemed to be a cool draft even though the windows were closed. The hair stood up on the back of our necks as we saw an old piano in the corner. We were a little spooked so we started out the door and on our way out the elevator opened and it was empty. As soon as we closed the door the piano began to play, but there was nobody in the room.

We were terrified as we ran back to our room. We googled Pemberton Hall to find that there was a girl killed many years back by a janitor while nobody was around. She was a music student who loved to play the piano in the dorm. We quickly realized that the piano she played and the room she was killed in was the room we had just been in. The girl was killed while everyone was away. Her attacker thought she was dead so he left but she wasn't, and she crawled through the hall trying to find someone to help her, but nobody was around. When she died her ghost never left that dorm, and she still roams the halls of Pemberton Hall today.

It began innocently enough, a simple game of pictionary played amongst friends. How could anyone have known that the simple mention of its name, the sketch of it's hideously deformed body, once human, but human no more, would cause the monster to awaken from its centuries of slumber :D .

The game had progressed over a period of several days. The pictures were simple, innocent. Most were poorly drawn adding to the intrigue of the game. But then it happened! The name was said, and the monster stirred, finally released from its own eternity of nightmares :D .

The game continued...no one knew of impending danger. Then, as the clock struck midnite, the final insult...the monster was drawn, poorly :D . The monster emerged from the drawing (as monsters do,) angered to the point of insanity, and then it took its revenge :D .

To this very day, no one is quite sure what happened to all the players...no one was ever heard from again. The room was splattered with streaks of a thick, crimson red fluid, sickening sweet to smell, cold to the touch...that's right, the room was covered in.................................................................................marinara sauce :laughing: .

Be cautious with your words.....be careful what you draw.....or the flying spaghetti monster will come for

YOU!

ILYK

thanks FSM for your (hopefully) understanding!

Sleeping With The Ghost

The shattering of windows because of the heavy wind blowing outside made me to unwillingly come out of the quilt. I was about to shut the window when a strange scene outside drew my attention.

An old woman with disheveled hair and wrinkled skin was trying to peep in the house of my neighbor.

She was not very far from me but due to new moon and dim street light, I could not see her face very clearly. In fact her appearance was so weird that I tried to avoid looking at her.

Before I could realize, who was she and what she doing at that hour of night, she disappeared. I could not believe my eyes. I was more shocked than surprised.

I shut down the windows and came back to my bed. But I could not sleep. I was feeling restless and horrified.

Next morning, I went to the place to check if I could get some clew for the last night’s incidence. I could not found anything. My neighbor was out of station and that made me even more worried.

In the evening, I called up one of my friends and asked him to stay with me as I was feeling little lonely. The clock stuck two at night and the window started shattering again. I could not believe it again as before going to bed I made it sure that windows are properly shut. I looked at my friend sleeping next to me. Unaware of the incident, he was sleeping peacefully.

With trembling feet and heart, I woke up and tried to close the window without looking outside. But the curiosity inside, forced me to have a glance of the neighbor’s window. Oh! To my relief, I could not see anything and felt little relaxed. I wanted to make sure and looked at the neighbor’s window again. Yes, everything was fine today and yesterday incidence was just hallucination.

I turned back to my bed with mixed feeling of fear and peace.

Sshhhhhhhhh and I fainted. It took me six long years to recover from comma. I am alright today and have recovered from the mental trauma.

You know what I saw that night on my bed. My friend was no where and the same old lady with her wrinkled skin and fat folds below her big eyeballs was gazing at me. Believe it or not, it is not just a fictitious ghost story. I am the victim.

Scary stories scare me, how about a few Halloween jokes?? :laughing:

What did Dr. Frankenstein get when he put a goldfish brain in the body of his dog?

I don't know, but it is great at chasing submarines.

What do you get when you cross Bambi with a ghost?

Bamboo

How did the ghost sew his sheet?

With a pumpkin patch.

Why did the witches' team lose the table tennis game?

Their bats flew away

Why was big sister Joanne unhappy when she won first prize for the best costume at the Halloween party?

Because Joanne had only come to collect her brother!

Why was Felix tickled by the chicken wings at the Halloween party?

Because the feathers were still on the chickens!

What do ghosts like to dance to?

Soul music!

:D:D

I grew up seeing several unexplainable things. There was a transparent man that walked through our yard when it was getting dark out. He always wore the same clothing, and only walked through our yard during late fall/early winter. Only thing is, if he was alive, in the direction he always came from he would have had to climb over a 6ft tall fence and cross paths with our dog who would have barked like crazy or attacked him. Our dog never did.

Here's the one that scared me the most...

In Feb. of 2001 my grandmother passed away after battling lung cancer which spread to her bones. Several months later, when I found out I was pregnant with my son, weird things began happening. Our refrigerator would change settings on us (freezing everything in there), our clock would stop at a certain time every day (even after changing the batteries several times), Cabinet doors were opened. One evening while grocery shopping a loaf of bread flew off the counter and hit the other one across the way. A short time later while my husband was working swing shift, I was sitting at my computer reading my e-mail when I kept seeing a weird glare on the screen, then my right should started tingling and got very cold. I focused more on the glare in the computer to see where it could have come from (it was around 1am). When I focused enough I saw my dead grandmother behind me with her hand on my shoulder. I can't tell you how fast I swung my chair around only to find that no one was there. I was so scared I called my mom crying. She talked with me until my husband called me to pick him up from work. Weird things happened for a week after, until I finally just said "Grandma, I know you love me and you are wanting to keep an eye on me, but you are scaring me, I would like it if you left now."

After that, nothing weird happened in my house ever again.

It began innocently enough, a simple game of pictionary played amongst friends. How could anyone have known that the simple mention of its name, the sketch of it's hideously deformed body, once human, but human no more, would cause the monster to awaken from its centuries of slumber :D .

The game had progressed over a period of several days. The pictures were simple, innocent. Most were poorly drawn adding to the intrigue of the game. But then it happened! The name was said, and the monster stirred, finally released from its own eternity of nightmares :D .

The game continued...no one knew of impending danger. Then, as the clock struck midnite, the final insult...the monster was drawn, poorly :D . The monster emerged from the drawing (as monsters do,) angered to the point of insanity, and then it took its revenge :D .

To this very day, no one is quite sure what happened to all the players...no one was ever heard from again. The room was splattered with streaks of a thick, crimson red fluid, sickening sweet to smell, cold to the touch...that's right, the room was covered in.................................................................................marinara sauce :laughing: .

Be cautious with your words.....be careful what you draw.....or the flying spaghetti monster will come for

YOU!

HAHAHAHAHA...I wonder how long until our famed FSM moderator will fly in and comment? Perhaps he is recuperating from all of the marinara he lost......

Well... I am ready for today's post but I do not know what story to tell.... a scary one that happent to us.. or 2 small funny ghost stories??

I will go with the last...

My first story is a sort one... (that is why I will say 2), and quite funny... at least for us...

My mother sometimes is feeling hot because she has high blood preasure problems!

sometimes she is taking a walk in the balcony... even if it is night... Our flat is on the top floor so.. the view is nice too...

She is usually wearing a white nightgown!

One night... while she had the same problem.. she desided to take a walk in the balcony again! It was late at night... after midnight... While she was walking and enjoying the night and the view...she saw a young man who was coming back home...

The poor guy was holding a bag... and he looked tired... My mother realized that the man saw her... he stood for a while without moving and then he throw the bag, he started sceaming and run away!!!! My mother didn't understand the whole thing.... until she realized that the poor man could only see a while cloth... a nightgown flying alone...in the baclony... so he thought my mother was a ghost!!!! :laughing: Poor guy!!! :D

My second story now...

My volleyball team was making a beach party one night! I have no idea why... they choosed the beach right under the Cemetary of Rhodes!!! The cemetary is extremelly close to the sea here! The beach party was at night, and one of the players dad had a funeral office! She (she was a player in the women's team... but both teams were there...) had the responsibility to bring some thing to drink... others had to bring things to eat, the music... anyway... she came with the father... with the office car.... if you know what I mean!!!! It was crippy!!! It looked like halloween party!!! We had already light a fire... and the police came to check us! What was going on there... near the cemetary with that car and some guys with fire??? It was normal to check... We explained and evertyhing was ok! We had a lot of fun and we drunk and ate a lot!

I had some beers so I was a little dizzy... at 3 o clock in the morning I desided to go back home! the party was over and wind started to blow...

It was night and there were only some lights open...

I had to pass very close to the front gate of the cemetary.... I was a little drunk... but I could still walk and go home without any problems!

While I was passing from there... I saw something with the corner of my eyes... I turned and saw a women in white moving in the bushes.... I was so scared and my hair was up from fear... like the cat are doing.... :D

Blieve it of not... I felt my pants heavy and wet!!! :D Even if the distance between these area and my house is huge... (I live on the other side of the city)... I do not even know how I got home!!! I probably broke the world record in speed!!! I had wings on my feet and run like crazy!!! when I get home, I took off my shoes before I enter in the house! According to legents... spirits etc follow the steps of your shoes.. and if you take htem out.. they can not go in.... I was white from fear!!!

the next day I told everything to my parents and I wanted to go during day now... to see what was there... huh! I went, I saw, and I felt so stupid!!! :D the white woman was a marble statue of a woman that was outside of the cemetary! She was not moving... the wind was moving the bushes around the statue!!! I havent's noticed the statue before because it was almost hidden behind the bushes! The day we had the beach party, workers from the municipality cut the buches so they were not so tall... and the statue could be seen again!!! since I came from an other road, I didn't see that and.... huh! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

Well ghost stories we've got a lot of them around where I live. One that appears every once in a while is just down the street (less than a mile) from where I live.

There is a old (1800's) naval and military establishment called Discovery Harbour, it's a historical tourist attraction that houses a few apparitions one that stands guard at the Officers Quarters that is still stands in its original form. On the grounds there is a cemetery that holds the graves from the military and is marked with their original tombstones.

This is the site where long ago a lone soldier froze to death while on guard duty. They say he still guards the building to this day. Many have felt his presence and children have seen a solitary man standing at the entrance telling them not to enter.

There is an urban legend in my town of Kokomo, Indiana. We have many urban legends in fact, but there's one in particular. The story is set on Old Sycamore Road, which an old road in the farmland, an open field area of my town. There's a small bridge off of Old Sycamore Road that takes you onto another road, that leads to the next town. The story goes, a man, or a boy fell off the bridge, and died hitting his head on the rocks underneath. And if you were to drive on Old Sycamore Road at night, and cross that bridge, then the "ghost" of the man, or boy appear next to your car once you pass the exact spot they had fallen from, until you exit the bridge. My friends and I have tested this urban legend many times and we have yet to see anything. We don't even know if anyone really died there, but true or false, it's an eerie story and visual. Submitted by Jon

There are many ghost stories in greece too... Some are from Rhodes... most ofthem are unknown to the majority of the young citizens... some do not believe.. others renamed the chost into the zodiac of the house... the place...

Strange things may happen or seen in very old houses, in battlefields..

I wish I had more day, or posts to mention some....

In Leros island, there were big battles during WWII! In some places it is said that they have seen strange figures.. or shadows... and some strange looking men who leads you to the wrong way... they call it the bad hour! This is 99% happening during night or when when the night is about to start.. or to end...

there is a place... a mountain in Leros that I wanted to go so much... (who knows, I might find some small relics from the war.. for my tiny collection), but none ofthe family is taking me! I can not go alone! I do not know the place...

Once when I mentioned it.. my godfather changed subject immediatelly and he just told me...keep away from there.. it is dangerous!

I wanted to know more so one day he told me a story that happent to my grandfather... up there... a long time ago!!

On this mountain amazing fights between British, Italian and German troops happen! Many lost their lifes there... In some areas their voices could be heard from far far away....

Years have passed... and only buildings of the army.. bombed and destroyed were on the hilss showing that WWII left its mark even in this tiny Aegean island....

My grand father was a hunter! He used to go up on the mountains to hunt with his best friend! they usually started going there at night so when the day was coming to start hunting! back then, you could hunt even at night! Later they forbit this...

My grandfather went up on these mountains that night with his friend... When they arrived at their destination each one took his way to check the passages of the animals..

While my grandfather was alone, and everything was dark around him.... he suddently heard the voice of a partridge....

' A partridge?? here? at this time of year??' my grandfather was wondering... the voice of the bird was geting louder and louder! He started hearing the bird coming to him! He saw a shadow... it was a big bird! He took his rifle and shoot.... a loud scream covered the silence of the dark.... he heard the bird falling on the ground....

'what was that scream? I saw the bird... it was not human!!'

My grandfather was a little socked but he tried to see where the bird fall.. it was close to him... in a bush... he went there... but nothing!!! there was no bird!! He thought that his friend was making a joke at him!

'hey...(name of his friend), stop foolishing around... do not make jokes like that! the bird is mine!'

He didn't receive any answer.....

'hey... where are you?? come back! where is the bird?'

Nothing again!... he started getting worried... what is going on??

He went closer to the bush to see clearer... when he heard a loud human voice.... 'Enough!!! leave!!! Go away!!! '

He heard that 3 times!! he was socked! The voice was loud human but so strange... he was not seeing anything from the place the voice was coming... he was so scared that he took his rifle and run away immediatelly... when he arrived back home he throw his boots away... and entered in the house! My grandmother was worried! Why he was back so early? she got off the bed and saw him trembling... he was white from fear his sweat was cold and his hair was up!!!! He was praying!!! when he calmed a little he said everything to my grandmother...

she told him that it was the bad hour... and he was lucky he was ok!

the next motning he wanted to go there again! He was 100% sure he killed the bird.... and he wanted to take some thing he had forgotten up hill!

He met his friend who was worried! He tried to find my grandfather but he couldn't...

my grandfather told him the story and his friend sweared that he was not him making a joke!

'I wouldn't make such a joke to a guy who has a rifle ready to fire!!.. .especially at night... I am not a fool!!'

My grandfather went up again.... hours have passed but he couldn't find the bird...

while he was returning... he met an old lady that he knew...

'what were you doing up there?'

my grandfather told her the whole story....

'so you shoot yesterday?? Do you know that the sound of it was heard until down here? it was like someone bombed the mountian again!!! we all woke up! it was so loud!! we even heard a strange sound too!!!'

that was the scream my grandfather heard.....

'there are no partridges here this time of year!!! what you saw was the bad hour!!! some they see a tall black man up there... you saw it as a bird... you are lucky that you shoot it and it didn't harm you!! do not go there again!!' the old lady said... and my grandfather kept this for ever!

He or my godfather (he is also my uncle), ever went there...

his kids knew this story becasue they lived it too! When I spoke with my mother... she told me the same story! that scared me too!

I do not know what was that thing.... I do not think anyone will ever learn... but it was surelly something scary.....

My son and I where out geocaching at a cemetery down a long country one day at dusk, trying to get that last cache in for the day. We both love to look at the grave stones and decorations that people leave on their loved ones graves. We had notice a heart shaped marker with a lot of toys around it at the back of the cememtery. We went to investigate it and noticed it was a young girl about 12 years old. We wondered about what had happened to her and then said a quick prayer for her. As we where leaving we both happened to look back at the same time and saw a small shadowy figure beside the grave stone. I stopped and looked again because I knew that there had not been someone back there before and we were alone. I asked Anthony if he saw someone too and he said yes very matter of factually, "a little girl with blond hair, she is happy we visited her and waved at us"

The Old Witch

by The Brothers Grimm

There was once a little girl who was very willful and who never obeyed when her elders spoke to her - so how could she be happy?

One day she said to her parents, "I have heard so much of the old witch that I will go and see her. People say she is a wonderful old woman, and has many marvelous things in her house, and I am very curious to see them."'

But her parents forbade her going, saying, "The witch is a wicked old woman, who performs many godless deeds - and if you go near her, you are no longer a child of ours."

The girl, however, would not turn back at her parents' command, but went to the witch's house. When she arrived there the old woman asked her:

"Why are you so pale?"

"Ah," she replied, trembling all over, "I have frightened myself so with what I have just seen."

"And what did you see?" inquired the old witch.

"I saw a black man on your steps."

"That was a collier," replied she.

"Then I saw a gray man."

"That was a sportsman," said the old woman.

"After him I saw a blood-red man."

"That was a butcher," replied the old woman.

"But, oh, I was most terrified," continued the girl, "when I peeped through your window, and saw not you, but a creature with a fiery head."

"Then you have seen the witch in her proper dress," said the old woman. "For you I have long waited, and now you shall give me light."

So saying the witch changed the little girl into a block of wood, and then threw it on the fire. When it was fully alight, she sat down on the hearth and warmed herself, saying:

"How good I feel! The fire has not burned like this for a long time!"

I am here thinking of what story I shall post... there are many that I know...

anyway.... here is a strange story that happent to my when I was a child!

My parents used to live in the old town of Rhodes! It was a medieval town from the time of the Knights.... some houses were even older, from byzantine period, some were newer from the early Ottoman or they were repeared in ottoman occupation, but the majority are from the knight period... back in the 1300's!

My family lived in a such an old house...

all these houses... have their own souls... you can hear noices etc, but you do not give much of attention....

It the house there was a room that we used to cal it dark room! it was the only one without a window... it only had 2 doors... one was leading to the kitchen and the other to the bedroom! we had a closet there and we used ti as a storing room! Even if the house was small... we prefered not to use it as a second bedroom! It was not a nice room... even if you stayed there for 5 minutes...even if the light was open... (the room was dark even in daylight...) you didn;t felt comfortable... you were feeling a cold wind in there and sad feelings were coming.... I do not know why....

It seems that we all.. even my parents didn't like this room... there was an old bed inside but none was using it.... once.. my aunt came from Leros island and slept there... but.. she didn't sleep... she couldn't! She felt so depresed there.... she felt strange....

anyway...sometimes... me an my sister were seeing a strange tall black figure of a man coming out from there, walking until the window near my sister's bed and then going back in the dark room! We were too young to understand what this was!

But this is not the story I will tell you now.....

when I was a child and lived in that house, I had a problem!

It was not from the beggining... but when I reached the age of 4 or 5....

It started one night...

While I was sleeping I was waking up full of sweat and my heart was beating like crazy! I was seeing things like they where getting bigger, I couldn't breath, I couldn't touch the walls even if I was near them... and I desperate wanted to go out!!! when I was out in the balcony or out of the house... I was calming down immediatelly!

Many times my father stoped me in the outer door! I was opening it and geting out!!! they took me to doctors, to cardiologists but nothing! I was 100% healthy! they couldn't understand what was wrong with me! They suggested to examine me while I was in that condition... when this was happening...

They did.... but the result was again that I had nothing at all! I was healthy!

Time was passing like that...from the time this started with me... I had i every night or almost every night! my parents were desperate! They didn't know what else to do! they even took me in the church... or they brought a priest in the house to bless it... nothing was stoping this strange thing that was happening to me...

But like it started it ended too when we changed house! We left the old town and went to a rental, far away..... I only had this during the first night in the new house but from that time.... this stopped just like it started... suddently...

Everything returned into normal from that time and after....

None ever searched of what this was... maybe I was growing up... maybe something else... but since I was ok and healthy... we all soon forgot about it!

School started... and after some years I started learning English too! One day... whan I was about 15, and while I was in the english lesson all the memories of it returned to my head!

In the book as a lesson, there was an article of a british (I think) newspaper or magazine... It was about a young girl! she had a strange problem! she was 5 and she suddently during night she was awaken and she was feeling her body to burn... she couldn't breath and needed to go out of the house... when she was out everything was back in normal!!

Her parents took her to doctors but nothing was wrong! When they searched the house history they found that in the old times, a fire started in the house and a yould girl in the age of 5 died and burned inside...

the poor child became a ghost that hounted the house! when a girl in the same age lived in it... she as someho entering in the girl!

So the young girl was feeling the heat and the smoke! She was living the last moment of the ghost girl... just before she died! It was like she was living her death again and again... every night!!! when the girl became older... this stoped!

I was so socked! It was my turn to read but I couldn't! the teacher asked me what was rong but I couldn't say anything! Well... say what???

when I returned home I showed the article to my parents and my sister! They were socked!

I never searched about our old house! It is impossible to fint out what happent there... no records at all.. and since it was so old... anything could had happen!

Who knows... maybe a poor little boy died there, probably he couldn't breath and he died trying to get out of the house! maybe an earthquacke happent and trapped him there.. and he couldn't breath... maybe a fire...

but this poor soul stayed in the house for ever... fefusing to leave... maybe he doesn't even know that he died... but he surelly tried to communicate with me... and show me his last moments... maybe he needed a friend... or just someone to contact... We will neve know for sure... but the story I read and what happent to me were so similar....

*** sorry for the length of the story! At least I hope you will like it!

Everything I mentioned are 100% true!

This is the story I tell my daycare children each year. I am not sure who wrote it.

There was an old woman all skin and bones. Ooo-oo-oo-oo!

She lived down by the old grave-yard. Ooo-oo-oo-oo!

One night she thought she’d take a walk. Ooo-oo-oo-oo!

She walked down by the old grave-yard. Ooo-oo-oo-oo!

She saw the bones all lying round. Ooo-oo-oo-oo!

She went to the closet to get a broom. Ooo-oo-oo-oo!

She opened the door and

Boo

While I was in the Army serving my duty, I was send with other soldiers to guard an abandoned military camp! There were still some things there and about 10 soldiers on the other side of the camp, far away from us!

The camp was huge and we had to guard an entrance...or the camp!

I was a new soldier... and we were the second series of soldiers who were wearing the camo coloured uniforms! The "old" ones were still dressed in Khaki... their uniforms were only one colour...

we went in the guard house near the entrance and we choosed our beds! Then the sergeant (I was not sergeant yet!) gave us the guarding hours... and I had the bad one... We used to call it "The German number" because you had to guard from 2 until 4 in the morning! So.. There was not much sleep for you...

the time to guard came and I dressed, took my G3A4 rifle, took my helmet etc and went out to change the other soldier so he could get some sleep!

Time was not passing... nobody was coming there... the road was a dead end, so none was coming... it was not a main entrance but we needed to guard it... I was examining the area around with my eyes, just in case...

....there was an old guard house about 100 metres away... there were no lights and since that we were there... most probably none was inside...

I was wrong... wasn't I? Who knows.....

At about 3 in the morning I saw something there... it was dull.... it was something like a light in the fog... what was that?? My eyes were a little heavy but this was not my imagination... I walked a little and went closer to see.... something was wrong... I didn't know what to do... shall I wake up the sergeant? But if it is nothing important.... I will be punished...

I armed my rifle and went closer....

moisture was quite thick there... it was like fog and you couldn't see very clear... What a night... humidity was making my clothes wet...

while I was walking closer to the guard house, I started feeling cold... it was freezing! how was that? 10 metres behind it was ok... and here it is like I entered a fridge?? I still remember my nose which was so cold like it was winter....

Even if I was a little scared; I tried to identify who was there....

'alt is hee..' (ancient Greek that is used in the Greek army, meaning... who is there??)... Alt is hee... I asked again but I had no reply... if there was a third call without a reply I had to sound the alarm... I even had the right to shoot!

Suddenly I felt like I was in North Pole... what a cold!!! From the fog I saw a shape coming out... I was only about 20 metres away from the guard house when I saw a soldier coming out of there... he was wearing a full khaki uniform! I could see him quite clear... only his face was a little dull but I could see the details of his face.... I do not know why.... I felt like I knew him...

'Oh man... you scared me!' I said and waved my hand!

'it is cold tonight isn't it?' I tried to find someone to talk so time would pass...

the soldier stopped... turned to me... stared me for a while and then went back to the guard house without saying a word... I had the feeling that I heard a cry and while I was coming closer and closer... the cry was getting louder and louder...

I felt so strange.. it was a feeling like I lost someone I loved... so sorrow, loneliness, sadness... I felt like I wanted to cry too!

'are you ok my friend?' I asked but I got no answer!

What an S$#@$#!! Why he is so rude? But was he crying? maybe he wanted to be alone... so I started getting back to my post... feeling a little guilty for what I thought about him...

the next day 2 sergeants who were in the camp came to see us...

while we were talking I said to them... who is the guy on the other guard house? I went close, I spoke to him trying to be friendly but he was rude... he turned and left! I think he was crying.... is he one of yours? He is an "old" one who wears a khaki uniform!

The sergeants turned and looked each other surprised.....

You saw who?? In where??

They looked a little socked but I was sure they were trying to scare me....

'Come on guys..... I am not biting it... who was there?' and sawed them the old guard house...

The 2 sergeants turned white!!!

'Are you sure you saw someone there?' one of them asked me with a trembling voice...

This guard house is closed for over 20 years now! None is going there anymore! Something terrible happen and....

'What happen there? Of course I saw a soldier there! I even saw his face!! Stop this joke'

the sergeant continued... none of us would do such a joke... not to a guy with rifle and bullets!! None is wearing full khaki uniform from us!!

I do not know what you saw... but I will tell you what had happen there...

A captain told us the story who heard it too from an other officer...

20 years ago; this guard house was in use! One night... around 3, a soldier committed suicide in there! he took his rifle and.... (I will not say because of the girls... ok?). The whole that day he was crying... he was about to finish his duty and return to his village to get married to his beloved girl! The poor guy was counting days... he had only 2 weeks to go... at that day he got a telephone that made his entire world to fall apart.... his fiancé was coming there in a surprise visit! This day was his birthday and she wanted to spend them together.... she believed that this was a great gift from him... he had asked this so many times but she couldn't come... Unfortunately on the way... she had an accident and she was killed!

He was so desperate... and he was crying....

When everybody was asleep he killed himself.... he left a note so we know all that...

the other soldiers woke up with the shot and saw in front of them the soldier in a lake of blood... one was so socked that he was taken to a hospital...

later soldiers couldn't sleep there... they were hearing a cry and none wanted to go there anymore.... so the guard house was sealed! There is a tiny memorial there for the poor soldier... haven't you seen it?

'No...I haven’t...where is it?'

'it is in the place he was found dead'

The sergeants took me there... it was a tiny church with a holy icon and a candle that hadn't lighten for a long time....(I lighted it later!!!)

... There was a photo there too... it was the photo of the soldier... even if it was fade from time... I recognized the soldier I had seen last night...

It's him!! I said with trembling voice...I felt like my feet couldn't hold me... I started crying from fear, sorrow... it was a way to calm down!

I turned the photo and saw that there were some dates written... even if time made its work there too.... I could read them.....

It was the date of his last birthday... the day he ended his life.....

it was 20 years ago.... the same day as... yesterday!!!

(I saw him the exact time and day he committed the suicide.... at 3 o'clock at night...in case the girls didn't got it... )

***** This story is fictional and written by me just now... so I hope for your forgiveness for any mistakes etc!!

** I went to guard in a place like that, and a soldier had committed suicide years ago in a nearby guardhouse that was closed... but nothing happen! The whole story is fictional!

edit to correct some spelling...

Edited by GATOULIS

You'll have to decide if this qualifies as a "scary ghost story". It’s true, and it happened to me about a year ago while geocaching...

While caching in Northern Wisconsin trying to locate a new cache about a half mile off the main road along a deserted forest road, I had an experience that made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

On arriving at this cache, I tried an attempt to drive down the long ago abandoned forest road and after only a couple hundred feet, the road closed down to next to nothing. Realizing I would have to walk the rest of the way, I stopped my truck, locked the door and started the remaining walk into the site. The road became narrower and denser with vegetation as I got further and further from my vehicle.

About 200 feet from the site, I had a strong feeling that I wasn’t alone in the woods. You know, that feeling you get when something might be watching you… Being an older guy, and having many years of experience in the woods, I shrugged it off and continued to a clearing close to the site feeling more relief with the ability to see off in the distance a bit further.

Getting to ground zero and the cache site, I sat down on a log after finding the cache to enjoy what I thought might be a first to find (even though it wasn’t) and planned to look though all the items in the container and enjoy the moment of discovery. That’s when it happened!

Off in the woods not more then 100 feet, came a screech like growl from two separate creatures as best as I can describe it. My eyes immediately shot towards the direction of the sounds in an attempt to identify the source. I was so struck by the sounds that I immediately hollered, “Hey who’s over there” in an attempt to let whatever it was know that I was here and hopefully identify the source. For about a half a minute as I was quickly placing everything back there was no response, then once again, the sound, but only closer.

I got up and quickly walked back to the path and started my exit to the vehicle while using my walking stick to smack occasional tree branches in an attempt to let whatever it was, know that I was leaving and not to bother following me. On multiple occasions, I turned full circles to check my back trail to make sure there was nothing behind me. During the entire walk back, I once again had the feeling of being watched but more intense this time.

On arrival to my vehicle, I quickly fumbled to unlock and jump inside. I started my backwards exit down the narrow trail and in the process knocked off my passenger side mirror yet continued till I was out to the road. It took me several minutes to muster up the courage to walk back down the road to retrieve my mirror.

What it was and what I heard I have no idea; I’ve spent countless hours in the deep woods and have never heard angry sounds like this coming from anything. This was an experience that I will always think about the next time I travel into the forest alone.

(Sure I embellished it a bit… But it’s mostly true. And I still haven’t gone back…)

Just logging on.. Halloween night..... answering the door and handing out candy... still shaken from last nights events.

SJG (South Jersey Geocachers) had an event in the New Jersey Pine Barrens last night (GC2DA1W) which is well known for the legend of the Jersey Devil. Take a peak and read the logs, it was a great event, night caches especially constructed to scare all those who ventured forth with the night walk. A superb event...

What the logs don't show is what happen to a group of us on the way home at 2:00AM!!!! Bass River is a State Park smack in the middle of where Mother Leed's 13th Child was born. The story is not new....try googling the Jersey Devil or Leed's 13th child. We laughed and joked as we piled into the Jeep for the 20+ mile trek back to civilization in the direction everyone lived. Scary stories abounded as you can well imagine from a group of cachers late at night.

The Jersey Pines take on a life of their own at night and this night was no exception. A cold front passage dropped the temperature which squeezed the moisture out of the air forming a thick fog. It also activated the pack of coyotes that have moved into the area and have flourished for several years. Sue and I saw a pair crossing a trail a few months and were amazed how big and healthy they looked. After some research our questions were answered as we found out our Coyotes had cross-bread years ago with timberwolves....a much more aggressive bread of coyotes now inhabit the NJ Pines.

We made a right out of the park which is a winding desolate road for about 8 mies before hitting some good hardtop and an easy drive back to civilization.

Just before getting into the jeep were heard the coyotes howling. As most cacher do, we enjoy the sounds of nature, even when they are a little unsettling. We joked out loud.."It's the Jersey Devil", No..."Its Werewolves...."

About two miles down the road the fog turned thick...maybe 200 feet visibility at best. We cache in the Pines at night regularly but not in this area. A slow crawl of about 15 mph was in order and everyone was on alert for the reflection of deer eyes lighting up the roadway as many a car, truck, & jeep, has encountered the unexpected road crossing with disastrous results.

Rounding a bend, every so slowly, into about a half mile stretch of straight road, we were not prepared for what greeted us. A band of yellow eyes about 2 feet off the ground ...maybe 10 or 15 pair...blocking the road. It looked like a semicircle, extending into the woods on both sides!!!!

As fast as we all said "What the......." a pair of burning, glowing, large red eyes, maybe 9 or 10 feet high, at least twice, maybe three times as high as the yellow eyes, emerged from the group at a rapid pace heading right for the front of the jeep. We could hear, even over the engine noise, the deep, angry, grunting sounds heading towards us.

I yanked the gearshift into reverse, (knowing I has at least a quarter mile of straight road behind me) and floored it. It did not make a difference, it was gaining on us at a raid pace.

It was then we heard the thump as it jumped on the hood with an un-earthly screaming growl that cannot be described.

I slammed on the breaks, went forward at full speed, slammed the breaks again to the wall.....

What was looming on the hood, glaring into the windshield, disappeared. We had no choice and went forward as I had no idea how far we went in reverse, I just stepped on the gas. We saw a jumble of yellow eyes all over, moving at a rapid pace....and then a huge abrupt thump which jostled us all in the jeep...we ran over something ...something big!!!

Not looking back, we made the best time under the conditions to the edge of Bass River State Park where the thick fog lifted so we could see at least see a quarter mile ahead. We stopped at the first street light where we finally joined the blacktop road to get out and inspect the jeep.

Two deep, large, (at least 12 inches across) claw marks now mark the hood of my jeep. A small amount of grey/brown fur was found on the bumper. No blood anywhere.

As a close nit group of cachers, we will never forget what we saw staring at us through the windshield last night..it will be the source of many sleepless nights to come.

There is no doubt in any mind now, the Jersey Devil does exist.... we know what we saw..... Halloween Eve will never be the same in the Pine Barrens of NJ....

We are now survivors....and believers..!!!!

72c1dbc9-abf6-4b71-a90d-d4e7674aa6ad.jpg

Edited by JoenSue

Ok... my last story... based on a joke... it is fictional of course...

Winter in the island was so boring... during summer there were many tourists, you could see people on the streets... but when the season was over... almost all the shops were closed... everything was so quiet... especially when the day was over... you had the feeling that you were living in a ghost town...

Many times we used to go and play a game to show who was the bravest of all... someone was asking an other if he dared to do something... if he was doing it... then it was his turn to ask someone else o do something else to show that he is brave....

We used to play this game on weekends... there was no school so we could stay until late at night... of course we were all in alert... one voice from our mother and we had to run back to the house...

One of the scariest things to do was to enter to the cemetery at midnight...

the cemetery was not a nice place to be... not even during the day.... cemeteries here are not like the ones you know... we do not have gravestones only... usually we build the area and covering it with marble! so you can actually see a grave.. as a grave stone many times we use huge or small crosses... angels... the rich men sometimes put a statue of the person who is buried there... flowers that were brought from relatives are covering the new graves... but all have a spot to with a nightlight, photos of the dead... if there is a child... you can see toys... or if the man was killed in an accident... you may see a tiny plastic or metal bike....

In there... you can smell the incense.... all who are visiting the grave of their beloved one burn incense for them.... so the air there smells strangely...

But the worst of all is the fact that because of the lack or space... after some years... we have to take out the dead... clean the bones...wash them in vine... and let the bones to dry in the air... then the grave is ready to accept an other dead...

sometimes... the skeletons are let on the marble of the grave... and it is not something nice to see....

This night I was the chosen to show how brave I was... an older boy told me to show if I was brave... by entering in the graveyard at midnight....

I was so scared... but I had to do it... otherwise they would all laughing at me... I wouldn’t even dare to go there again and play....

Night was not a good one... humidity was so thick you couldn't see many things.... it was cold, and the wind coming from the sea was making things even worse...

I had to go inside... until the churches door and then come back without running screaming etc! I was sure that the other boys would make things worse by teasing me or by making me scare...

Midnight.... I was in the front gate trying to collect strength and enter... come on... you can do it... it is just a walk... so not look left and right... only straight... you can do it... I was saying to my self....

The boy who asked me to do that came close to me and pushed me in...

'Go! Its time! Let's see if you are a man!'

With that push I entered in the cemetery.... Everything seemed to be darker inside... the wind was moving the old metal door and it was making noises... the flames of the nightlights in the graves were trembling from, the wind...trying to stay alive...it was like a dance in which all these tiny fires were doing the same movements...

I started walking and going deeper and deeper... cold sweat started coming out of my body... I was feeling a strange air hitting my back....

the other children were making "boo" voices and were trying to scare me... but while I was entering deeper and deeper in the graveyard, they sound far away from me....

Humidity was like a cloud near the church.... shadows were coming out... shadows from angel statues from the graves... I was so scared...

I had the feeling that I was being watched by something... not only by my friends but by something else... I was trying to convince myself that there was nobody there.... Please... please I hope none is here... nothing will happen to me....

When I finally reached the door of the church I had to turn back!

Ok... half way was done.... but I was so scared to turn... if something was behind me?? I started praying... all the prayers I know came in my mouth.... I had to turn but I just couldn't! Come on.... find the strength.... turn! The exit is behind you.... come on....

I finally manage to turn my body back to see the gate.... it seems so far away.... at that time the wind blow and many nightlights put out... I felt so strange... something is there... I was in the dark.... A tear escaped from my eye... it was only from fear... I needed to keep my mouth shut! No screams... nothing...

I started walking again.... my eyes couldn't stay still... they were searching in the dark left and right....

humidity was covering the path.... but I could see the light of the road outside... where the other children where waiting me....

incense was strong in the air... I was feeling it in my nose...

wind was getting stronger and I could hear the glasses that were protecting the nightlights of the graves moving... like they were about to break....

But I started hearing an other noise too... a tic tic tac tac.... what was that??? it was not a glass... it was something else... my feet started trembling from fear... I kept walking but the noise was getting closer... I couldn't understand if I was going close to the area of the noise or the wind was playing game at me....

Then... I suddenly saw a shadow moving.... I was freaked!!! He was making the noise!!! I had to pass from there.... but I was wondering... was he there when I passed in the first time?? I didn't see him??? Did he enter later? I didn't hear anything!!! oh..... was he a ghost??? a dead who came alive???? Oh... there are not such things.... these exist only in the movies.... or not???? I was so confused...

The shadow was an old man wearing old dirty clothes and he was wearing a hat like an old navy man... he was engraving the tombstone!!! oh, he was probably the cemetery guard or an engraver... but he was working in the dark and at midnight???

Hello sir! I said with a trembling voice...

'hello my child'

'Oh... you scared me a little (huh... a little?)!' I said and laughed with a 1000% fake laugh that was not even coming to my mouth...

'What are you doing at that time here son?'

'I ...I....well... what are you doing here sir? Why you are working at that time? it is dark and so late? I see you are writing a name.... but can you see? You will make a mistake!'

'Huh! Me?? ...A mistake? I am fixing the mistake son!!! The stupid engraver wrote my name incorrectly!!!' Said the man and disappeared in front of my eyes!!!....

***sorry for any mistakes... spelling or grammar...

the 2 last stories I wrote just came in my mind... while I was writing... I was creating the story too....

HAPPY SCARY HALLOWEEN........

Edited by GATOULIS

And the Winners are:

fl4t__four

and

GATOULIS

Thanks much for the great stories everyone! If the winners would please email me with your addresses, I will get the coins out to you in the next couple days.

PS. Dr Neal, the kids really didn't understand yours but I found it very entertaining. I will be sending you one of the Ghost Doubloons so you won't have to worry about finding a trader for it. :antenna: Just send me your address please.

Just logging on.. Halloween night..... answering the door and handing out candy... still shaken from last nights events.

SJG (South Jersey Geocachers) had an event in the New Jersey Pine Barrens last night (GC2DA1W) which is well known for the legend of the Jersey Devil. Take a peak and read the logs, it was a great event, night caches especially constructed to scare all those who ventured forth with the night walk. A superb event...

What the logs don't show is what happen to a group of us on the way home at 2:00AM!!!! Bass River is a State Park smack in the middle of where Mother Leed's 13th Child was born. The story is not new....try googling the Jersey Devil or Leed's 13th child. We laughed and joked as we piled into the Jeep for the 20+ mile trek back to civilization in the direction everyone lived. Scary stories abounded as you can well imagine from a group of cachers late at night.

The Jersey Pines take on a life of their own at night and this night was no exception. A cold front passage dropped the temperature which squeezed the moisture out of the air forming a thick fog. It also activated the pack of coyotes that have moved into the area and have flourished for several years. Sue and I saw a pair crossing a trail a few months and were amazed how big and healthy they looked. After some research our questions were answered as we found out our Coyotes had cross-bread years ago with timberwolves....a much more aggressive bread of coyotes now inhabit the NJ Pines.

We made a right out of the park which is a winding desolate road for about 8 mies before hitting some good hardtop and an easy drive back to civilization.

Just before getting into the jeep were heard the coyotes howling. As most cacher do, we enjoy the sounds of nature, even when they are a little unsettling. We joked out loud.."It's the Jersey Devil", No..."Its Werewolves...."

About two miles down the road the fog turned thick...maybe 200 feet visibility at best. We cache in the Pines at night regularly but not in this area. A slow crawl of about 15 mph was in order and everyone was on alert for the reflection of deer eyes lighting up the roadway as many a car, truck, & jeep, has encountered the unexpected road crossing with disastrous results.

Rounding a bend, every so slowly, into about a half mile stretch of straight road, we were not prepared for what greeted us. A band of yellow eyes about 2 feet off the ground ...maybe 10 or 15 pair...blocking the road. It looked like a semicircle, extending into the woods on both sides!!!!

As fast as we all said "What the......." a pair of burning, glowing, large red eyes, maybe 9 or 10 feet high, at least twice, maybe three times as high as the yellow eyes, emerged from the group at a rapid pace heading right for the front of the jeep. We could hear, even over the engine noise, the deep, angry, grunting sounds heading towards us.

I yanked the gearshift into reverse, (knowing I has at least a quarter mile of straight road behind me) and floored it. It did not make a difference, it was gaining on us at a raid pace.

It was then we heard the thump as it jumped on the hood with an un-earthly screaming growl that cannot be described.

I slammed on the breaks, went forward at full speed, slammed the breaks again to the wall.....

What was looming on the hood, glaring into the windshield, disappeared. We had no choice and went forward as I had no idea how far we went in reverse, I just stepped on the gas. We saw a jumble of yellow eyes all over, moving at a rapid pace....and then a huge abrupt thump which jostled us all in the jeep...we ran over something ...something big!!!

Not looking back, we made the best time under the conditions to the edge of Bass River State Park where the thick fog lifted so we could see at least see a quarter mile ahead. We stopped at the first street light where we finally joined the blacktop road to get out and inspect the jeep.

Two deep, large, (at least 12 inches across) claw marks now mark the hood of my jeep. A small amount of grey/brown fur was found on the bumper. No blood anywhere.

As a close nit group of cachers, we will never forget what we saw staring at us through the windshield last night..it will be the source of many sleepless nights to come.

There is no doubt in any mind now, the Jersey Devil does exist.... we know what we saw..... Halloween Eve will never be the same in the Pine Barrens of NJ....

We are now survivors....and believers..!!!!

72c1dbc9-abf6-4b71-a90d-d4e7674aa6ad.jpg

i just saw a show about the jersey devil and the ppl on the show might have been the first to actually catch the thing on a special camera in the woods! awesome story!

WOW! I won?? ;)

Congrats to fl4t__four too! WOW he had a good story!!!

I am wondering... which story was choosed from the ones I posted? :antenna:

I hope I didn't scared your girls a lot! ;)

Thank you for the cointest! I t was really fun and I had a great time when Iwas posting stories that were actually created at that time... ;)

I will send email right away my friend! ;)

Hehe, if you read dr neals's right, it's pretty funny.

Read in a spooky, growly voice: "To this very day, no one is quite sure what happened to all the players...no one was ever heard from again. The room was splattered with streaks of a thick, crimson red fluid, sickening sweet to smell, cold to the touch...that's right, the room was covered in... (wait for it)

...marinara sauce! (And you thought I was going to say blood, didn't you?)

It's cute.

I'll put this thread to bed after Gatoulis gets to find out which story was chosen. :santa:

Fact:

John Bell, Jr. and Jesse Bell fought under General Andrew Jackson in the Battle of New Orleans, and had developed a good rapport with him. In 1819, Jackson got word of the disturbances at the Bell home and decided to pay a personal visit. Jackson and his entourage, consisting of several men and a large wagon, journeyed from Nashville to the Bell home. As the entourage approached the Bell property, the wagon suddenly stopped. The horses tried pulling but to no avail--the wagon simply would not move.

After several minutes of cursing and trying to get the wagon to move, Jackson exclaimed that it must have been the "witch." As soon as Jackson uttered these words, an unidentified female voice spoke, telling Jackson and his men that they could proceed, and that "she would see them again later that evening. The men were finally allowed to continue.

Jackson and John Bell had a long discussion about the Indians and other topics while Jackson's men patiently waited to see if the "spirit" was going to manifest itself. One of the men in Jackson's entourage claimed to be a "witch tamer." After several uneventful hours, this man decided to "call" the "spirit." He pulled out a shiny pistol and made his intent to kill the "spirit" known to all that were present.

Almost immediately, the man began screaming and moving his body in many different directions. He said he was being stuck with pins and being severely beaten. The man quickly ran out the door, and the "spirit" announced that there was yet one more "fraud" in Jackson's party, and that he would be identified on the following evening.

Terrified, Jackson's men begged to leave the Bell farm. Jackson insisted on staying so that he could find out who the other "fraud" was. Jackson and his men eventually went out to the field to sleep in their tents, and the men continued to beg and plead with Jackson to leave.

Jackson maintained the position that he wanted to know who the other "fraud" in his party was. However, by mid-day the next day, Jackson and his men had already left the Bell farm and were seen going through Springfield. Jackson, a hero in the Battle of New Orleans four years earlier, was quoted as later having said, "I'd rather fight the entire British Army than to deal with the Bell Witch." :santa:

Edited by The Cache Reaper

WOW!!!! What a story!!

thank you Cache Reaper for this great story! It was so great!!!

I am wondering... did you get details for the story... from Kate? :santa:

I am kiding my friend! I really enjoyed the story!

Oh... does anyone know if the home of bell witch is still there... if you can visit the area and if "things" are still happening there?

WOW! I won?? :D

I am wondering... which story was choosed from the ones I posted? :huh:

I hope I didn't scared your girls a lot! :laughing:

Thank you for the cointest! I t was really fun and I had a great time when Iwas posting stories that were actually created at that time... :laughing:

I will send email right away my friend! :laughing:

It was your last story GATOULIS that they really enjoyed. One of my girls is very brave and she would have been the one that was dared to go into the cemetary.

Fact:

John Bell, Jr. and Jesse Bell fought under General Andrew Jackson in the Battle of New Orleans, and had developed a good rapport with him. In 1819, Jackson got word of the disturbances at the Bell home and decided to pay a personal visit. Jackson and his entourage, consisting of several men and a large wagon, journeyed from Nashville to the Bell home. As the entourage approached the Bell property, the wagon suddenly stopped. The horses tried pulling but to no avail--the wagon simply would not move.

After several minutes of cursing and trying to get the wagon to move, Jackson exclaimed that it must have been the "witch." As soon as Jackson uttered these words, an unidentified female voice spoke, telling Jackson and his men that they could proceed, and that "she would see them again later that evening. The men were finally allowed to continue.

Jackson and John Bell had a long discussion about the Indians and other topics while Jackson's men patiently waited to see if the "spirit" was going to manifest itself. One of the men in Jackson's entourage claimed to be a "witch tamer." After several uneventful hours, this man decided to "call" the "spirit." He pulled out a shiny pistol and made his intent to kill the "spirit" known to all that were present.

Almost immediately, the man began screaming and moving his body in many different directions. He said he was being stuck with pins and being severely beaten. The man quickly ran out the door, and the "spirit" announced that there was yet one more "fraud" in Jackson's party, and that he would be identified on the following evening.

Terrified, Jackson's men begged to leave the Bell farm. Jackson insisted on staying so that he could find out who the other "fraud" was. Jackson and his men eventually went out to the field to sleep in their tents, and the men continued to beg and plead with Jackson to leave.

Jackson maintained the position that he wanted to know who the other "fraud" in his party was. However, by mid-day the next day, Jackson and his men had already left the Bell farm and were seen going through Springfield. Jackson, a hero in the Battle of New Orleans four years earlier, was quoted as later having said, "I'd rather fight the entire British Army than to deal with the Bell Witch." :huh:

Bravo! Great story...

WOW! I won?? :D

I am wondering... which story was choosed from the ones I posted? :laughing:

I hope I didn't scared your girls a lot! :D

Thank you for the cointest! I t was really fun and I had a great time when Iwas posting stories that were actually created at that time... :D

I will send email right away my friend! :D

It was your last story GATOULIS that they really enjoyed. One of my girls is very brave and she would have been the one that was dared to go into the cemetary.

WOW!!! the last story??? The one I created with my mind!!! the other fictional story... was based on older stories, plus that I actually saw the guard house that a soldier comminted suicide... it was not so nice guarding so close to that area...

But my last story is 100% fictional! I just used the end of a joke (the old man) but put lots of "sauce" (marinara sauce??? :huh:) I didn't even know from where to beging and where to end! :D

Thank you so much!! :D

WOW! You have a brave girl!! I admit that I wouldn't feel very comfortable in a cemetary during night... I do not feel comfortable even during day... but... you have to see how our cemeteries look like! they are scary during night with all the trees, the shadows and the builded graves.. the statues the crosses... huh!

On the other hand... I was searching to post a scary cemetery photo with the story, and I found some of a very scary cemetery in prague (this is my personal opinion, ok? :laughing: ) It is a well visited place for tourists... I think it is a jewish cemetery but....... even if you payed me I wouldn't go there at night!!!! :D Well... I have dome things or been to places that others would scare... but...I do not know... cemeteries during night are not for me...... :laughing:

Ickovic_PragueCemetary.jpg

prague_jewish_cemetery.jpg

prague_cemetery.jpg

It is so crowded and... can you imagine entering there and walking with fog, wind.... huh! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

that IS a scary cemetary!!!

Yes! It actually reminds me dracula movies or zombie movies... :huh:

I am wondering... if the gravestones are so close... how they were burrying the dead? I mean... when you open the hole in the ground... you will probably fing the dead man of the grave in your right or left!!!

I think in Jewish cemeteries you can see even ancient graves, so it is a big piece of history there... but... you do not even have a space to pass!!!