Entry level GPSr needed

noiseboys3

Hi all..I am looking to purchase an entry level GPSr to donate to a young boy who recently lost his younger brother after a long illness. A group of us are putting together a "cache" bag for him with all kinds of geocaching supplies. This is an activity he enjoyed with his family prior to his brother becoming ill. If anyone has any suggestions as to model to purchase or has one for sale (remember, entry level he is <10 years of age), please reply to this thread or email directly at mail.stokes@earthlink.net

Thanks so much!

Hi all..I am looking to purchase an entry level GPSr to donate to a young boy who recently lost his younger brother after a long illness. A group of us are putting together a "cache" bag for him with all kinds of geocaching supplies. This is an activity he enjoyed with his family prior to his brother becoming ill. If anyone has any suggestions as to model to purchase or has one for sale (remember, entry level he is <10 years of age), please reply to this thread or email directly at mail.stokes@earthlink.net

Thanks so much!

We're looking for a good entry level as well and so far the best value seems to be the magellan explorist gc. I don't think that it can be used as a typical gps, but for caching, it seems to be great. I've only gotten to play with one for a few minutes indoors, but it handled pretty well. I've seen these go on ebay new for about $100 (compared to the geomate jr that is about $100 after getting the data cable). Though, admittedly, this is my first time on these forums so I don't know how cheap a used, but better gps goes for yet.

Good luck, and I hope that he can make a recovery himself. :P

Thanks for those of you who replied...we have found gently used GPSr from Ebay, a new backpack from Lands End with his name embroidered on it, and it is the process of being filled with goodies...several unregistered travel bugs, cache containers, patches, collectible geocoins, Boy Scout items and lots of swag. Now all he needs is time to heal. All this stuff will eventually end up in Ohio, so you Ohio cachers watch out for GeoJack! :anibad: