COINTEST...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

My favorite cointests was the ones in Todie's Wild Ride. Out of sorrow there was so many coins released for bike awareness. A coin that was created was Look Twice For Bikes. These coins are my best travelers and everyone likes the message. Coins that was won in the cointest was sent out to travel for bike awareness. I think the roads are a little bit safer for bikes because of it.

The Todie's Ride cointests were great! We get a lot of really nice logs from those travelers. We released 150 coins between the 2 cointests, we have had to mark 60 of those as missing. B)

My favorite cointests was the ones in Todie's Wild Ride. Out of sorrow there was so many coins released for bike awareness. A coin that was created was Look Twice For Bikes. These coins are my best travelers and everyone likes the message. Coins that was won in the cointest was sent out to travel for bike awareness. I think the roads are a little bit safer for bikes because of it.

The Todie's Ride cointests were great! We get a lot of really nice logs from those travelers. We released 150 coins between the 2 cointests, we have had to mark 60 of those as missing. B)

We were lucky to find some of these travellers in Florida, got one from usyoopers and one from MaineFamily down here last year.

I really liked the Poker After Dark Cointest. It was one of my first after starting to visit the forums here.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=243076&hl=

Hope it hasn't been posted yet.

This is a creative cointest, too! Man, I sure have been missing out!!

My favorite contest would probably be a Poker Cointest held by Odyssey Voyager last Christmas. I can't find the link but it was really cool. He gave out his new coins and had multiple winners not just one. It was really cool how you had to solve a puzzle to get what hand you had. I had a lot of fun over Christmas Break figuring it out. :anibad:

There can never be too many Poker games!! B)

Edited by PrashadFamily

Not an entry, but I really enjoyed the cointest that the MWGB Egg held! It was a ransom letter made out of bits of coins, and you had to figure out what each of the coins were.

Nikos and I were almost done with it when someone else finished it, but I had such a good time trying to find each of the coins!!

I'm so pleased you guys enjoyed the rescue animal cointest. B) I loved reading everyone's entries!

Never been part of a cointest... Curious as to what they are actually and how they work.

Basically they are any sort of game or contest we can think of to play here in the forums(Or even elswhere nowadays) that have prizes of Geocoins going to the winners. Have a spare Geocoin you'd like to send out to someone as a gift? You can pick who by making up a Cointest.

Not an entry, but I really enjoyed the cointest that the MWGB Egg held! It was a ransom letter made out of bits of coins, and you had to figure out what each of the coins were.

Nikos and I were almost done with it when someone else finished it, but I had such a good time trying to find each of the coins!!

I'm so pleased you guys enjoyed the rescue animal cointest. :o I loved reading everyone's entries!

B):anibad: Remember anne? WOW! we were only a couple of minutes away...

I was trying to find that thread...

It was a pleasure being in a team with you! :P

robert, my all time fave cointest was one of the ones you did AGES ago and of course, i can't remember what you called it. but there was the little creature hidden in plain sight in photos and in other pics, coins also hidden in plain sight and we had to find them. like hidden object games. i loved that cointest! if you have links, would you please post them so other folks can see how cool the game was?

rsg

Here is one that the coins was hidden in plain site. It was a fun cointest.

robert, my all time fave cointest was one of the ones you did AGES ago and of course, i can't remember what you called it. but there was the little creature hidden in plain sight in photos and in other pics, coins also hidden in plain sight and we had to find them. like hidden object games. i loved that cointest! if you have links, would you please post them so other folks can see how cool the game was?

rsg

Here is one that the coins was hidden in plain site. It was a fun cointest.

Some of the rounds in mine also had coins hidden.

I think my all time favorite(besides my own, of course...) was Mr.Jiffy's Summer Meltdown(also, an all time favorite coin).

You had to find one of 50 traveling coins in the wild, and then post a picture of you and the coin. That one was really a blast, and those coins were fantastic. Here's the link.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...196843&st=0

A similar and very very funny cointest was this one...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=196128

I remember when we were all trying to find this tiny green allien... B)

WSR.... where is this guy now? :anibad:

Haha, I had so much fun with that guy...it was a Travel Bug(Roswell the Second)( http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...1b-19c453e040fb ) that was handed to me at GeoWoodstock. The owner had won the tags from me, and wanted me to get the travels started, but I just couldn't let him go right away, there was Mr. Cool also. That was a fun summer!!

I think my all time favorite(besides my own, of course...) was Mr.Jiffy's Summer Meltdown(also, an all time favorite coin).

You had to find one of 50 traveling coins in the wild, and then post a picture of you and the coin. That one was really a blast, and those coins were fantastic. Here's the link.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...196843&st=0

and the price was huge.... 100 coins if I remember well....

I found one of these coins last year... I think! some are still out travelling!!!

Ok...there are so many cointests I loved.....

One I liked very much was about an error coin! I can not find the thread .... huh! B)

Well... the cacher (cheesy pigs if I am right), had an error bumerang geocoin! he was asking something simple.. why we would want an error coin.... this was since not many like error coins...

Well.. I adore them!!! they are so special and unique...

I won this sweety! It is still here with me and will stay for ever here! :anibad:

For any of you who have seen or own any of Crake's "12 Days of Caching" geocoins, I won a cointest when I had the winning phrase for what the 12th day would mean. It was "12 satellites tracking". It's been used on all 3 versions of the coin. I won a set of the first version, which was actually four coins in one.

I hope Crake does a new version for the holidays this year.

B)

My favorite contest would probably be a Poker Cointest held by Odyssey Voyager last Christmas. I can't find the link but it was really cool. He gave out his new coins and had multiple winners not just one. It was really cool how you had to solve a puzzle to get what hand you had. I had a lot of fun over Christmas Break figuring it out. :D

I remember this one and here is the link.

Another one was held from scavok to guess the shipping stats :laughing:

We did one a while back where the host posted 12 one digit numbers and you had to figure out his birthdate. You were allowed to use only info you could find on the forum, 2 people had to post a guess between multiple guesses. The main issue is you had 4 numbers to many so it was a mix of what info you could find and then a process of elimination by you and the others.

For any of you who have seen or own any of Crake's "12 Days of Caching" geocoins, I won a cointest when I had the winning phrase for what the 12th day would mean. It was "12 satellites tracking". It's been used on all 3 versions of the coin. I won a set of the first version, which was actually four coins in one.

I hope Crake does a new version for the holidays this year.

:laughing:

This one seems fun...I sure would like to look at it. Does anybody know the link to that one?

I had intended to add a third cointest story on page 3, which I will later. But I had to get on now and mention.....................

Where is everybody? Back in the old days, it would have taken only a matter of hours to fill 3 pages of replies to a cointest thread. Now it's taking days? I don't get it.

Anyway.......

For those looking for links to the old cointests I've posted so far, I apologize, I'm bad at links. However, if you run a search using the word "Nascoiners" you should find that thread easy. If you run a search of the word "tracking" with my geocaching name, you'll find the cointest for the "12 Days of Caching" geocoin.

Hope that helps. And now I have another entry in this cointest.

I liked watching the pictures, so have a look at DJ.J.ROCKS Photo Cointest, Easy as shoot,post,win.

Wow! That is a great cointest!!! I love the threads/cointests about sharing pictures! :D

The following cointest was fun to read. I didn't participate, but a geofriend did and won! :D

Haiku Cointest, Goosefraba1's first cointest

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...c=247617&hl

The winning poem:

I love this! Thanks for the cointest :D

Title: Involuntary Reaction

A snake on the trail?

I cannot control my fear.

Now I've peed my pants.

:D

:laughing::D

Edited by Where'sMyMarbles

ah!!!! I will never forget an amazing cointest 007BigD had...

I like april fools cointests... hmm.. what happent to the coins of the last one? :D

But I really liked the cointest he had to find a caching name for his new born baby girl!!! Her name is Emma, and her geocaching name... EmmaGem!!!! :D what a lovely cointest!

I think this was the first or the second cointest I played... so you can imagine... I was a new cacher! :D

Unfortunatelly I can not find a link to take you there... :laughing:

If I remmember well.. it was held in the first quarter of 2008, or the end of 2007....

Edit because I found the thread with the cointest! :D

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...183422&st=0

Edited by GATOULIS

my favourite cointest was THE FABULOUS FORUM PHOTO CHALLENGE as found here http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=253015&hl=

theres been several cointest to do this sort of thing and each time i try to participate but never manage to get the mission done in time due to reluctant photographer (my husband) not wishing to be put in strange predicaments. i enjoy trying to participate and also watching the fun unfold in the cointest threads.

I know WSR has held a lot of cointests, in fact many here have. From the stand point of holding cointests you can't believe the feeling you get when posts are coming in and everyone is participating and having a ball. Just in the past year I held two, the experience and good wishes I got from the posts will always remain with me, so what I would tell new comers to these forms is "become involved" we love that.

Oh and just for the record the first cointestwas when the Olyimpic Flame ran through our town in Dec/09 http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...&hl=olympic

the other was the Olympic Hockey games

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...&hl=olympic

Please note Gatoulis won a coin in both of them B) you might say he is one lucky guy or and I believe this; he does his homework :laughing:

I remember many of the cointests that have been mentioned and to pick just one, that's hard, I've always loved the one I'm in at the time, like now :unsure:

I know WSR has held a lot of cointests, in fact many here have. From the stand point of holding cointests you can't believe the feeling you get when posts are coming in and everyone is participating and having a ball. Just in the past year I held two, the experience and good wishes I got from the posts will always remain with me, so what I would tell new comers to these forms is "become involved" we love that.

Oh and just for the record the first cointestwas when the Olyimpic Flame ran through our town in Dec/09 http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...&hl=olympic

the other was the Olympic Hockey games

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...&hl=olympic

Please note Gatoulis won a coin in both of them :cool: you might say he is one lucky guy or and I believe this; he does his homework :cool:

I remember many of the cointests that have been mentioned and to pick just one, that's hard, I've always loved the one I'm in at the time, like now :D

:unsure:B):laughing: Ted my friend, you stole my next favorite cointest! :cool:

I too loved the hockey cointest and the winter olympic cointests you had!!!

Hockey is a game I love but here you can not see it often! Even in winter olympics... you can only see the last games in Greek TV!

Well.. I will not post the link... you already have... :cool: Your cointests were so great my friend! and the adorable inuksuk coins with their child! :D

Neat idea for a cointest, WSR!! Haven't talked to you in a while. Hope things are going well!

I was always partial to the TWR cointests...there was such a variety in there, which made them a lot of fun.

I enjoyed watching the race in TWR II, and was excited as time was winding down to see that I had the coin with the most miles on it, but sadly that cointest seems to have been abandoned. I was looking forward to maybe getting a lackey coin for that, but Roddy has gotten so busy with other stuff that he has sadly been missed in the forums. It was/is fun to see the miles accumulate, though.

Ok... there is a game that I didn;t know until I received 2 card for it! I had never played and now I love it so much... even if I am always a number off...

No, not a cointest in this forum, but the prices of the game are TB's, coins etc!

I am talking about your Bingo game Robert! :unsure: I accidenlty found a game in the net and I am playing... waiting for your next numbers, or the new game to start! B)

I do not remember al ot of this cointest... but there was one that I really had fun! It was to write a story about a funny thing, that happent to us during geocaching if I remember well....

I had a really good story that even if there are 3 years now that passed...(about 3 years..)... we still laugh when we remember it! B)

I have writen the story in the Online geocacher magazine too... it is the smelling story... :unsure: If you enter you will read it too.....

what an amazing cointest! :laughing: