COINTEST...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Hi everyone...I haven't done this in a long time!! I just saw a short discussion about whether there are any Cointests going on, so I thought I'd pop in with a simple one.

This will be a random draw for a few coins, maybe 3 or 5 prizes. The darwing will take place after we have 3 full pages of posts(So...after post 151), please discuss some of your favorite Cointests from the past. If you want to provide links that would be great so that some of the less frequent visitors can see some of our old games. Do not post two replies in a row, someone else must post between your posts. Open to anyone. Prizes not yet determined. Rules subject to adjustment ay my discretion, and to quote(paraphrase) some other Cointest hosts from the past, My game, My rules...No Whining.

Let's keep this fun and light, and most of all...a welcoming place for ALL PLAYERS.

I'm really hoping to see some links to the great old games so that our newer players can pick some favorites too, and see all the fun we have had in these games!!

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Hello Robert!!! B) how are you friend? :)

hahahaha DrNeal!!! I remember this cointest! It was fun! I just saw my video with all the Gatoulis family! hahahahaha!!!! :sad:

Hmml... I was nice as a dracula! I haven't seen so much hair on my head for a long time! :(

Ok.. I will go for an other cointest that I liked a lot! It was educational!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=254482&hl=

I enjoyed reading and writing stories! :lol:

I have not been around for very long but I did see a recent cointest - the Mr. Gray - and I have to say, I thought that was pretty neat!

ETA: This is a GREAT thread! I absolutely love looking at these links - I suspect I'm going to lose hours in the "History Lesson" thread!!

Edited by PrashadFamily

How about the cointest I'm in right now and has lasted since February?

The NASCOINERS Fantasy Racing League !!!

I'm losing my shirt, and about to lose a geocoin to the probable winner, PaRacers.

They'll get a total of 9 geocoins from us "losers".

Maybe this new cointest will help me recoup my loses. :sad:

I've only entered 4 cointests so far, well, now it's 5 , right? Anyway, my favorite was AlliedOz's Trivia Cointest! http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=260180 It was fun & interesting, & of course the best part for me was....I won! (I was one of 2 very lucky winners.) Thank you again, AlliedOz, & all of you who offer the cointests! I enjoy just reading those from the past.

I'm losing my shirt, and about to lose a geocoin to the probable winner, PaRacers.

Maybe this new cointest will help me recoup my loses. :sad:

Do you have a link for that thread? I'm very intrigued by these cointests.... I can sense an addiction coming on!!

robert, my all time fave cointest was one of the ones you did AGES ago and of course, i can't remember what you called it. but there was the little creature hidden in plain sight in photos and in other pics, coins also hidden in plain sight and we had to find them. like hidden object games. i loved that cointest! if you have links, would you please post them so other folks can see how cool the game was?

rsg

Well.... I do not know if I can post... my previous post was not for the game so it is ok to post... right? :sad:

I always enjoyed cointests when you have to search, googling etc to find the answers... no matter which they are... With that you can even make a team with other cacher players, or you can contact cachers from other countries... or you can play alone.. but it is quite fun trying to find the correct answers! :(

Here are some examples to see...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=248357&hl=

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=211152&hl= **even if it was a difficult one... it was nice!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=238794&hl=

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=250194&hl=

An other great cointest was where we were showing our christmas decorations! unfortunatelly I have deleted my photos but the good thing is that I have them in my PC! I am saying this because my manger, the one I was making every year from real stones, grass etc.. will not be like that anymore! B)

We had all this stuff on an storring area outside of our flat, on the way to the roof, since rarelly someone was going up from the other flats!

Well... someone stole them!!! All my plastic animals, tiny trees, fences, the house I had built with tiny square stones, the stone well.... everything is gone!!! some of the animals and the terracota vessels for water I had were old... from the time my mother was a child or from the time she was in France... back in the 60's! :anibad: they were hidden... who went upstairs in that area and searched?? I can easily identify which are mine but... it is too late now... :o huh! Well.. I will have to start from the beggining... but some of the animals can not be found anymore... in that size or quality! :P

Huh... more than 100 animals... every year I was buying some new...

anyway... I enjoyed this cointest a lot and saw some amazing decorations!!!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...4&hl=manger

Maybe this new cointest will help me recoup my loses. B)

None of us will have shirts after PARacers gets done withus!!!! :anibad:

My Pick-

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...ntines+cointest

This was drneals Valentines cointest. All we had to do was remember to tell our beter halfs that we love them- every day until Valentines Day. I had fallen out of this habit so I thought what better time to get back on track, I could do this! :o I was doing good, adding in a little hug or squeeze here and there- easy, peasy! B) ....about half way through this exercise after getting my hug and "I Love You" for the day in the other yooper gives me the strangest look and says "you keep telling me that, did you do something??" I swear the guy goes out and checks all the cars for scratches or dings...cracked me up! :anibad:

Thanks much drneal, I'm still doing good and he doesn't seem suspicious anymore. Thanks for that kick in the pants to get me started!!

One of my FAVORITES!! B)

COINTEST: Rescue Animals by anne.and.eli

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=244117&hl=

Posts were to includes stories or pictures about our furry friends that we have rescued. :anibad:

I loved everyone's stories and pictures!

As much as I loved the "history lesson", I think this one has won my favor. What a sweet, inspiring thread!

robert, my all time fave cointest was one of the ones you did AGES ago and of course, i can't remember what you called it. but there was the little creature hidden in plain sight in photos and in other pics, coins also hidden in plain sight and we had to find them. like hidden object games. i loved that cointest! if you have links, would you please post them so other folks can see how cool the game was?

rsg

Oh, yes! I'd love to see this one, too. It sounds fun!

Edited by PrashadFamily

rsg

That was my favourite one too RSG! Here is the link.

One of my FAVORITES!! B)

COINTEST: Rescue Animals by anne.and.eli

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=244117&hl=

Posts were to includes stories or pictures about our furry friends that we have rescued. :anibad:

I loved everyone's stories and pictures!

The Rescue Animals cointest was a great idea!!

I'm pretty new to this forum, so I've only had the pleasure of doing one cointest. Also, I was actually lucky enough to be one of the winners :o

Shadow's Halloween Cointest

One of my all-time favourite cointests was the one CF30 held for her Yaahl's feather token coins. I love logic and math problems so this appealed to my inner geek B)

I'll try to post the link later when I have time to get lost in searching.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=196132

[edited to add the link]

oh that's right, i remember that one - i actually won a feather! wonderful cointest.

My favorite cointests was the ones in Todie's Wild Ride. Out of sorrow there was so many coins released for bike awareness. A coin that was created was Look Twice For Bikes. These coins are my best travelers and everyone likes the message. Coins that was won in the cointest was sent out to travel for bike awareness. I think the roads are a little bit safer for bikes because of it.

My favorite cointests was the ones in Todie's Wild Ride. Out of sorrow there was so many coins released for bike awareness. A coin that was created was Look Twice For Bikes. These coins are my best travelers and everyone likes the message. Coins that was won in the cointest was sent out to travel for bike awareness. I think the roads are a little bit safer for bikes because of it.

Half the coins we have out there are for Todie's Wild Ride and Todie's Wild Ride II - they have travelled a lot of miles.

One of my favorite cointests was one where you had to describe one of the "moods" of geocaching. You had to describe how you felt when you either "found it" "dnf", or any of the other moods of geocaching. it was a long time ago, so I dont have a link, sorry.

That one was joecacher's many moods cointest. Liked that one, we didn't win but our entry was on their homepage for our mood.

E&C plus 3 had a cointest aways back about the ISAF/CA where the first to post the correct answer to one of several questions won a coin. The research was a challenge and I was lucky enough to get one right!

other cointests where there was an element of creativity (poetry, photography, etc.) were a joy to watch.

There are some very generous and creative folks out there putting these cointests together. I think the entire group would agree that we appreciate you all! B)

This was such a great idea! I love remembering the cointests I've participated in and learning of past ones!! B)

Here is another favorite of mine......

Nikos's Cointest by burgessfour.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...c=240648&hl

We were to post pictures and stories of our kitty friends in honor of burgessfour's cat "Niko".

:anibad:

Toooo cute!! I've enjoyed looking at all the past Cointest's.....especially the pet related ones. Keep on postin' :o

My favorite contest would probably be a Poker Cointest held by Odyssey Voyager last Christmas. I can't find the link but it was really cool. He gave out his new coins and had multiple winners not just one. It was really cool how you had to solve a puzzle to get what hand you had. I had a lot of fun over Christmas Break figuring it out. B)