I need help for a mystery

Surfoo

Hello!

I'm a french geocacher from Paris, and i need your help for a great mystery!

For the final coordinates, you must vote for a letter (A to H), and the letter with the biggest score will show you the number but it's only one vote per IP. You can't vote again and again.. So please, make the good vote.

You can see the score here: http://geocaching.pureftpd.org/polyglotte3/index

I have already A, B, C, D and G, so don't vote them :(

Currently, A have 5 votes, so you can vote for A until 15 votes, and after B with 16 votes, etc (except D and G obviously)

You can vote on this page : http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC223X7

If you discover a new number, please write it on this thread because i can't refresh the page all the day :sad:

Thank you very much !

Edit : Okay now you can vote E (Not A,B,C, D ou G) Direct link -> http://geocaching.pureftpd.org/polyglotte3/vote/E

Edited by Surfoo

I don't get it. What's the voting for? To create random co-ords? I'm curious is all.

No, it's not random. The letter with the biggest score will show you the number here : http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b7-1a1b0bc3eaf3

Currently, there is A and D with 15, and i need 16 votes for B to view the number. Then for C, i need 17 and E, 18 etc..

Edit: ok i have B, you can vote for C

Edited by Surfoo

I voted for C and got this.

Nombre de votes :

A 15

B 16

C 4

D 15

E 3

F 2

G 0

H 1

It was all French and I went to public school...in the US so clearly I have no idea what's going on.

I'm such a follower.

Shouldn't you be out rioting in the streets or something?

I jest, but it's all over the news here.

I thought asking the forums to solve a puzzle isn't allowed?

No it's allowed! This mystery can be solved only with a lot of people which vote for a letter. This is the goal of this mystery.

Currently thanks to you, I have A and B. You can vote for C (but not for A or B). Thanks!

Please show where it is stated that asking for help solving puzzles on the forums isn't allowed. This is my generalization and observation that many geocachers obsess over following the "rules" to the point that if there are none they will make them up. Your mileage may vary. Rant over...

In general it can be considered bad form, but in this particular case I don't believe it is.

The CO's caches in this series are specifically designed to encourage solvers to enlist help from other cachers around the world to crowd-source the correct coordinates. This is the third cache in the Polyglot series (which I collaborated on solving a few months ago with some other cachers ranging from Portugal to exotic New Jersey), and the descriptions for the other two contain such translated phrases as "distant friends could help you!" and "you must borrow the eyes of a friend!"

In general it can be considered bad form, but in this particular case I don't believe it is.

Although "it's considered bad form" to ask for advice on a puzzle is so frequently mentioned every time a thread like this shows up, it's not the asking that causes issues. It's those that *answer* the request on the forums that should be chastized. Posting an answer in the forums makes it available for everyone to see and is archived for anyone that might to a search later on.

Although "it's considered bad form" to ask for advice on a puzzle is so frequently mentioned every time a thread like this shows up, it's not the asking that causes issues. It's those that *answer* the request on the forums that should be chastized. Posting an answer in the forums makes it available for everyone to see and is archived for anyone that might to a search later on.

It's fair to include both Q'ers and A'ers in the discussion. I do think asking does cause issues though; I think Q'ers bear a share of the responsibility.