Mission sent:

Mission rec'd:

Serena (Geodog)

Email sent:11/3/10

Name rec'd:11/21/10

Mission sent:

Mission rec'd:

This shall be interesting as none of the names I received have want lists:

CCWashburn likes Copper, antique silver and bright silver or nickel finishes and shaped coins. Especially anything Native American in design. All of my coins are activated so you may look at my coin list on Geocaching.com.

Serena likes Dog coins and she already has a hydrant, a Laval K9 GSD, and a pound puppy (of course her owner shows them off or follows their travels)

Welch is particularly fond of State, region or country coins as well as personal coins. Not all of his coins are activated but he does have a nice collection.

Hope this helps whomever got our names.

Name received today! Thanks!

Have the coin, can't wait to get a card and send it off.

mm72

ETA: For whomever has my name, I'm very new to the coin part of this obsession, so I don't have any kind of a list. :-) I'm excited...this is my first mission!

Edited by madmomma72

img8635w.jpg

img8638a.jpg

Wow, This sender was generous! I receive a card and in addition, I received a calendar and TWO coins. The card and calendar both followed a New Zealand theme. The sender appears to have done some good research. The snowglobe coin adds to another coin I own in the same series. Actually, I did not even realize that it was a series until I opened this card, I just thought it was cool when I bought the other one. I also received a santa coin, which I am going to send out into the wild in my older son's name. It's mission will be to travel to Antarctica and back to Pennsylvania. If it succeeds in this mission, it will have traveled from Asia (where it was made), to Canada (the vendor), to New Zealand, to the US, to Antarctica, and Back to the US.

Speaking of my sons, the sender appears to know that I have children, because I received a post card with the following message:

"A hundred years from now

it will not matter

what my bank balance was,

the sort of house I lived in,

or the kind of car I drove.

But the world may be different

because I was important

in the life of a child"

Indeed, that reflects my values well.

Edited by GregsonVaux

Just a small question from a mission newbie:

do you sign the cards with your name so the receiver knows where the card and the coin comes from or do you send it without any information who was the sender?

That is for you to decide. I sign mine but not all mission senders do. I don´t think there is a "rule" of how to do. It can be fun trying to guess who it comes from and if one really want to know you they could ask in the thread.

Have fun!!

grodan Karin

Email Sent: 10-27-2010

Name Received:

Card Sent to Canada: November 24

Card Received:

Email Sent: 10-31-2010

Name Received:

Card Sent to Switzerland: November 24

Card Received:

Name Received:

Card Sent to New Zealand: November 24

Card Received from New Zealand: November 23

Hopefully these will reach their destinations soon! On advice from a crow, I sent shiny coins to help brighten up Christmas.

Edited by GregsonVaux

Just a small question from a mission newbie:

do you sign the cards with your name so the receiver knows where the card and the coin comes from or do you send it without any information who was the sender?

That is for you to decide. I sign mine but not all mission senders do. I don´t think there is a "rule" of how to do. It can be fun trying to guess who it comes from and if one really want to know you they could ask in the thread.

Have fun!!

grodan Karin

I signed mine and put a return address.

Email Sent: 10-27-2010

Name Received:

Card Sent to Canada: November 24

Card Received:

Name Received:

Card Sent to Switzerland: November 24

Card Received:

Name Received:

Card Sent to New Zealand: November 24

Card Received:

I thaught I had checked carefully not to have a person send to the same person she was receiving from ;) Sorry about that ;)

I should have tripled checked :unsure:

Glad to see that some of you are receiving their cards are are happy about them :D

ESeurat

Email Sent: October 25

Name Received: November 2

Card Sent: November 24

Card Received:

ESeurat for Riley-Finn(Geo-dog)

Email Sent: October 29

Name Received: November 2

Card Sent: Not yet, it has a short distance to travel, but will probably send it out next week.

Card Received:

times 3

(me sending out three, me getting one and two geo military kids each get one)

LadyCache

Email Sent: October 31

Name Received: Nov 3

Card Sent: Nov 24

Card Received:

Riotgirl

Card Received:

foxtrout

Card Received:

finished fall quarter classes and got the time to go to the post office YEA

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

LadyCache

I have a question about the reporting format. This is my first mission and I saw that people have a checklist, which I also included that says,

Email Sent:

Name Received:

Card Sent:

Card Received:

What does the "card received" line mean. Does it mean that I received a card in the mail, or does it mean that the person I sent the card to received it in the mail?

I have a question about the reporting format. This is my first mission and I saw that people have a checklist, which I also included that says,

Email Sent:

Name Received:

Card Sent:

Card Received:

What does the "card received" line mean. Does it mean that I received a card in the mail, or does it mean that the person I sent the card to received it in the mail?

When you receive your card and coin you post for card received. Pictures are nice too.

We got ours our this morning and surprise when we got home we received 2 of ours in. Thanks

Kaleb (8 years)

Email Sent: yes

Name Received: Nov. 2nd

Card Sent: Nov. 25th

Card Received:

Conor (2 years)

Card Received: Nov. 25th

We let the little mad open on this one alone. After finally getting into it he hollered "Mommy the caching loves me". He got a very nice sparkle heart that reads "Love you Cache", he also got a PTC tag in the package which happened to be one we were missing. The card will be added to our card wall, Thank you!

Taya (mom)

Card Received:

Rafal (dad)

Name Received: Nov.2nd

Card Received: Nov. 25th

Dad opened this one and thought it was great. First all there was a chocolate his favorite, then he found 2 coins. The first was a silver sparkle HunnyBunny, very cute and the second was a geo-jellies that goes great with moms others. The card will be added to our card wall, Thank you!

Sorry i did`t post early~er had some server isseu :cool:

but UPC man just left and everyting is oke now have internet tv ad phone again :rolleyes:

Lorca

mail send : JEPP

name recieve : JEPP

card send : Jepp :D:D

card recieved : Jepp Jepp :lol::cool:

Anne

mail send : JEPP

name recieve :JEPP

card send : Jepp :D:D

card recieved : Jepp Jepp :cool::cool:

i must tell you something about the cardzzzzzzz we recieve......

here we have two holidayzzzzzz in december i think lotzzzzzzzzz of you know that we have Sinterklaas on 5 december............

we got one mission last monday and one card yesterday and after think and tolk the hole day yesterday Lorca and me deside that we wait with the cardzzzzzzz to open till 6 december.

why well our cousins are come~ing on 5 december so we have decorations of Sinterklaas here but 6 december we take that away and then the X~mas decoration is come in our house also the X~mas tree comes then.......

we really REALLY hope that the one`s who send us our cardzzzzzzzzz can wait a little longer before we show the card and coin and our SMILE on the piczzzzzzzzzz in here...........

I wasn't going to walk to the mailbox today. It's cold, I have three dogs at my house who don't walk well together, and I am trying to hibernate.:-)

However, I braved the trek and was greatly rewarded with my mission card in the mailbox! I couldn't wait to get back to the house and open the package, and when I did, I found not one, but TWO awesome coins! One is a Portuguese geocaching coin (sorry, I'm still learning and I don't know what it's actually called!) Very cool, silver with a red cross on the front and a, a, I can't think of what it's called, on the back. a navigational device, lol. Shiny and pretty!

The second coin is Toojin and Lori Darlin's personal coin they created for their trip to Geowoodstock. I love it, it has cows AND a Ms. Potato Head on it, two things that bring back some great childhood memories for me!

It was an excellent first mission for me...I also received a coin order today, so will get MY card mission sent out Monday. It's all packaged and ready to go.

I'll post a pic when I figure out how to do it, lol. :laughing:

Thanks, Toojin!

mm72

Think I got it, thanks again, Toojin for your help!

52701bb5-6ab3-4e81-9eb3-5a2a77bc522b.jpg

Edited by madmomma72

CCWashburn

Email sent: 11/3/10

Mission sent:11/29/10 To the Netherlands

Mission rec'd:

welch

Email sent: 11/3/10

Mission sent:11/29/10 To Arkansas

Mission rec'd:

Serena (Geodog)

Email sent:11/3/10

Mission sent:11/29/10 To California

Mission rec'd:

Hope everyone likes their "care packages"!! I am hoping that welch's and mine arrive in time for our birthdays (December 10 and Dec. 14) Ours are out the door in the morning.