Mr. Gray Project

Firefly03

Hmmm...I haven't received any communication from Mister Gray about completing my mission. Should I be concerned? The coin is still in the Mr. Gray EU cache, but for how long? I''m worried that someone will move it out of the cache.

If the geocacher reads the goal accomplished, should be re-let in the cache, ...however :ph34r:

Hmmm...I haven't received any communication from Mister Gray about completing my mission. Should I be concerned? The coin is still in the Mr. Gray EU cache, but for how long? I''m worried that someone will move it out of the cache.

If the geocacher reads the goal accomplished, should be re-let in the cache, ...however :ph34r:

I hope so. Still no communication, and the coin still appears to be in the cache (or someone grabbed it and didn't log it out). Details are a bit unclear on what actions will be taken once the mission is completed. I'm pretty sure the coin needs to be grabbed by Team Kizb, who is maintaining the cache; then I'm supposed to "trade" my mission-completed coin for a Mr. Gray coin. Let's hope I hear something from someone soon, before the coin goes somewhere else.

Dropped off my donation to the Mr. Gray Project at Mr. Gray US to go to Mr. Gray EU tonight. Since I work so close it seemed appropriate to send it from here.

It can be tracked at TB3HB8N I Believe - Monolith Geocoin.

I hope it gets there before Christmas, but we'll see. Enjoy.

Edited by Jerry2554

I hope so. Still no communication, and the coin still appears to be in the cache (or someone grabbed it and didn't log it out). Details are a bit unclear on what actions will be taken once the mission is completed. I'm pretty sure the coin needs to be grabbed by Team Kizb, who is maintaining the cache; then I'm supposed to "trade" my mission-completed coin for a Mr. Gray coin. Let's hope I hear something from someone soon, before the coin goes somewhere else.

Have you heard something about your coin being grabbed or from Mr. Gray himself?

Have you heard something about your coin being grabbed or from Mr. Gray himself?

I've heard nothing yet. Not even sure if someone grabbed the coin from the Mr. Gray cache; it still shows in the cache inventory. :(

I've heard nothing yet. Not even sure if someone grabbed the coin from the Mr. Gray cache; it still shows in the cache inventory. :(

Probably was abduced, ...however at least your coin has arrived, mine was stolen directly from the first cache. I'm thinking to release another... directly in somewhere in the US!! :lol:

I think I confused things with the first coin I sent out. I took it to the Mr. Gray - US with a goal of getting to Mr. Gray - EU. Shortly before MOGA I sent word to local cachers asking if someone could take the coin to the MOGA mega-event with the hope to give it to someone from Europe to take back. At least one person tried to pick it up, and reported it was no longer in Mr. Gray - US. I don't know of Mr. Gray's agents got confused and picked it up or what.

In any case, I've started a second coin with the same goal, and took it to MOGA. Unfortunately it didn't get to Europe, but is still wandering around Iowa. So, I'll watch it for a while and see if it moves. I'll be in Chicago in August, and might send a third coin out then to see if starting near an international airport has any better luck. (smiles)

Meanwhile, my second coin can be tracked at: TB3NZD7 I Believe Too - Monolith Geocoin (Picture to be posted)

Good luck everyone.

Edited by Jerry2554

My geocoin Searching Mr. Gray finally made it over the pond and is now logged in the 2012 Geocaching Block Party. Still a lot of miles to travel to Illinois but it is getting closer!

That's great news!

Also as an update: I never heard anything from Mr. gray about my coin making it to the goal back in April. Not sure what is going on or why there is no update from Mr. Gray about this mission, but I'm discouraged at this point. :(

My geocoin Searching Mr. Gray finally made it over the pond and is now logged in the 2012 Geocaching Block Party. Still a lot of miles to travel to Illinois but it is getting closer!

That's great news!

Also as an update: I never heard anything from Mr. gray about my coin making it to the goal back in April. Not sure what is going on or why there is no update from Mr. Gray about this mission, but I'm discouraged at this point. :(

Have you tried to contact Team Kizb? Maybe they know how to proceed after the TB arrives its goal.

Nothing here either after receiving a confirmation letter from Mr. Gray on 8/12 that my coin made it to his Europe cache.

You got a confirmation letter? I didn't even get that, and my coin arrived at the cache in April. In fact, my coin is still showing up in the cache inventory (though I doubt it's still really there at this point). Hopefully we'll hear something from Mr Gray soon...

Edited by Azure Sky

Nothing here either after receiving a confirmation letter from Mr. Gray on 8/12 that my coin made it to his Europe cache.

You got a confirmation letter? I didn't even get that, and my coin arrived at the cache in April. In fact, my coin is still showing up in the cache inventory (though I doubt it's still really there at this point). Hopefully we'll hear something from Mr Gray soon...

"Congratulations on completing Mr. Gray's project Phase V! Please confirm your mailing address:"

The I adopted the coin to him. GC34ADG

"Congratulations on completing Mr. Gray's project Phase V! Please confirm your mailing address:"

The I adopted the coin to him. GC34ADG

:huh: I never got that. <_<

I have no control over what happens to my coins once they leave my hands. I trust my coins are moved along correctly (or in the case where someone makes an error and contacts me, I can usually fix it). The last log entry for my coin shows It as being in Mr. Gray EU. I have no reason to believe someone would lie about what cache they placed it in, though it's nearly impossible to prove. If someone grabbed it before it was picked up by Mr. Gray or one of his associates, and it was never logged out correctly or stolen from said cache, there's not much I can do about it. Though German cachers have been really good with my traveling coins. It boggles my mind that I haven't gotten any follow up from him. I guess I should give up.

My butterfly geocoin "To Mr Gray in USA" got stuck in an infrequently visited puzzle cache in Massachusetts back in April. Last month I finally broke and emailed the cache owner to ask if he could get it moving again - and he very promptly retrieved it and put it in another cache.

It's now doing flying visits...

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

I've had two coins on the way to Europe now for a year or so. One got to Europe but can't seem to finish, the other is still stuck in the US.

TB3NZD7 has been in the hands of someone since the 12/12/12 event in Europe, and been getting a tour of Lithuania, but not getting any closer to it's goal. The other TB3HB8N got to the East coast of the US back last Christmas, but not moved since. Maybe I need to joggle some elbows.

Still believing.