Mr. Gray Project

Firefly03

Good call,

I agree that we are seeing a tessellation. What convinces me the most is the gray background where we also see a repeating pattern. To me, the gray background appears to be linoleum tile. If so, it may be a clue to the fact that he is tessellating.

I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker, but I did suspect that something was up. Antique brass is made by coating brass with a black layer and then buffing it off. The buff marks were unlike anything I had ever seen before and now we know why. Actually, my assumption had been that either the coin has a three-dimensionality to it that was not immediately obvious, or that Mr. Gray had not used one of the regular mints, meaning a different coin making process. The tessellation explains all of the things that had been bothering me. Unfortunately, my theory about the alien under the enamel is probably wrong as well as my icon submission.

Good call,

I agree that we are seeing a tessellation. What convinces me the most is the gray background where we also see a repeating pattern. To me, the gray background appears to be linoleum tile. If so, it may be a clue to the fact that he is tessellating.

If I were to hazard a guess, the background appears to match the styrofoam-like backgrounds we often see in mint photos of samples (before the artist has the samples in hand to take their own).

But that is just a guess that is limited to earthly perceptions. Considering what little we know, and can deduce about Mr. Gray, it's likely to be a material different than anything we would suspect.

I've been fortunate enough to receive a communication from Mr. Gray on rather "different" stationary, so I hope to gather more intel in the coming weeks as I follow his directions and wait for further contact.

If there is one thing that I believe most strongly at this point, it's that Mr. Gray still has suprises in store.

THEY FOUND ME!!!

Somehow they have tracked me down and now know where I live (or at least where my mail is sent). WHY OH WHY did I ever go snooping around near Area 51? I should have just left things alone out there, but my human curiosity got the best of me and now I may be in trouble as well as anyone who I have been in contact with.

I received an envelope and a letter on some very strange paper from a Mr. Gray this afternoon along with a few of my regular bills. I don't know if I should respond to the letter, or begin packing and looking for a new hiding place.

I DO BELIEVE, and I think that they are getting ready for some sort of action and maybe they are using this info to keep tabs on those of us who truly do believe. What to do, what to do.... I think I will have to ponder this for a bit before deciding whether to throw in with the rest, or try and save myself so that I may help anyone else who falls into their trap.

What am I thinking?!?! I am just one of the most advanced life forms on this planet. We humans are not afraid of anything on our Earth, so why does this letter scare me so much? I AM TIRED OF BEING AFRAID!

I WILL follow the instructions in the letter I received, I will NOT fear this contact!

I just rechecked the flickr pic...there is now a second photo posted that is a kalideascope type picture.

Geocaching.co is clearly visible and repeats 6 times. No antique brass on this side that I can see.

I'm kinda thinking that they are two separate coins....maybe the golden one is the artist edition and the silver one is the regular edition or vice versa?

OMG, we only see 1/10 of the coin.... :P

mrgray1.jpg

What shape do you think the coin will turn out to actually be?

We believe it is pear-shaped like the stereotypical extra-terrestrial head.

First thought this too, but i'm not sure anymore...

Did you see 2 letter under the "?" are removed and the "g.co" seems to be edited after taking picture....

The photo's been edited using tuxpi.com's kaleidoscope feature. Clever, but it sort of complicates the attempt to design an icon since we still don't know, really, what the coin looks like.

Then again, it IS a mystery coin, yes? So the icon can be mysterious, in that it looks little to nothing like the coin itself, but (like the kaleidoscope image) keeps people guessing and wondering, but refers to its alien nature...something like this:

5153705539_f5ccfc7702_z.jpg

OMG, we only see 1/10 of the coin.... :P

mrgray1.jpg

What shape do you think the coin will turn out to actually be?

We believe it is pear-shaped like the stereotypical extra-terrestrial head.

First thought this too, but i'm not sure anymore...

Did you see 2 letter under the "?" are removed and the "g.co" seems to be edited after taking picture....

Yes, I noticed this. "DM--DN" This is probably where the tracking code is going. I have no clue as to why the "G.CO" would need to be edited unless the effect used distorted the letters and he wanted us to see them.

My Alien Ducky TB has been in contact with Mr. Gray, and now Mr. Gray has made contact with me! Not sure whether to jump for joy, or run and hide!!!

My Ducky tells me he's really cool, though, so I will trust my Ducky, and follow the instructions on #55.

I wanna know WHAT that paper is made of! It's definitely like NOTHING I've ever seen!

Two days remain to transmit your Icon artwork. Mr. Gray is busy reviewing all the great Icons submitted to date.

Should Mister Gray do another Cointest after this one ends?

OHHHHHH YEEESSSS!!!!! Definitely need to do another COINTEST after this!!!

Oh! I agree! I am not so good at the icon design...art wise and computer wise so I would love another chance! :)

it's the center of the coin...... maybe

i still believe this is the center of the coin on one side.

And on the other side of the coin ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Love the ?

Hmmm....

Would the smaller flower shaped piece, sit in the larger coin and held by a magnet, making it the explorer ship that leaves the mother craft???

Someone's at the door.... BRB.

no No NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo help HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i'mmmmmmm----------

Edited by opalsns

ok... now I am socked!!!

What have you done?? you send a rocket to celebrate the coin.... we had a visit... how did this happen today???? :)

Are we being watched???

I do not remember well... but when MIR was over... they used some of its metal to make a collectable.... I do not remember if it was a coin or a metal phonecard!

So I am wondering... were alliens contributed by giving the metal from a UFO to make this coins?? :)

ok.. now.. what was that?? An airplane?? and made such a thick line??? nope!!! When I saw the photo it reminded me a sad moment with Challenger explosion!

If the photo is ok... the start of the line (at the bottom) starts to collapse.. that takes time.. the line is not straight but is making curves like something is wrong...

in the middle you see more smoke in the line... then on the top less... so... an engine problem? more power there?? what??

it seems like it was somekind of rocket with extra fuel tanks...to give more power when the first tanks are empty...

but... maybe I have too much of immagination.... :)

Edited by GATOULIS

Mr. Gray's coins getting delivered to Earth. :)

Pentagon can't explain mystery rocket off California coast

WOW!!! Now THAT'S a delivery!!!!

sure it is andthey are on time!!! Since I have lost many letters... Shari knows some... and recently I lost an inland letter with banknotes inside (the first inland letter to lose..)... :)

I am wondering... if alliens are that good in deliveries... if they are cheap too.. I might choose them for my mail! :)

it's the center of the coin...... maybe

i still believe this is the center of the coin on one side.

And on the other side of the coin ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Love the ?

Hmmm....

Would the smaller flower shaped piece, sit in the larger coin and held by a magnet, making it the explorer ship that leaves the mother craft???

Someone's at the door.... BRB.

no No NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo help HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i'mmmmmmm----------

Dang Census Takers!!!!!!LOLOL :laughing: