Mr. Gray Project

Firefly03

I too got a letter in the mail today, #039. Very interesting to read and thought provoking. :D

I lost a few hours of time and when I came to I had a strong urge to follow the instructions, but I think the government was trying to interfere and my web browser on my phone kept messing up. I think I finally got it to work :D

As for the paper, it was very strange so if I notice anything unusual I will let you know. However, I did notice a strange light coming from my purse, was it the pearls in the paper or my cell phone....hmmm????? :D

Today I received two interesting letters. (Well actually three but that one was a bill--ugh). the first one said do not bend and was from the Dept of Veterans Affairs. It contained a certificate in memory of my dad for his service in the Army Air Corps in WWII. :D:(

The second letter was gray in color and marked confidential. Usually the only thing I get marked confidential is some silly offer in my junk mail. This one had some special vibrations coming from it so rather than just toss it my curiosity was piqued and I opened it. It contained letter #41.

Very interesting that both came on the same day.

I received a curious letter in the mail today.... and thankfully it wasn't from the government. I am the sole recipient of #018.... and I believe :( The gov't has always seemed a little fishy to me. Taxes on top of taxes.... Stuff that we pay for, but never get to see.... cover ups and the like. I can't wait to see a little more light shed on the subject. Thanks for including me Mr. Gray!

I saw the mailman come by today while I was messing around in the garage and didn't think much about it and continued my work. Finally decided to retrieve the trash can and grabbed the mail, with in the stack of election junk mail and all the bills, I find my geocoin club coin, and I see MR GRAY as a return address on an envelope. Knowing what it was I come inside to read the letter on the mysterious sheet of very thin piece metal that appears to be a paper type substance.

This will be my first mystery geocoin, and I can’t wait for the moment that it arrives. I’m sure if half the thought that was put into the letter, was put in designing the coin it will be stunning.

As expected with a letter of this type, I found something weird. I received #026! I was born on the 26th. Coincidence?? I’d like to think not.

I have followed all instructions given, and I’m waiting for further direction.

Thank you Mr. Gray!

We will be hosting a Geocoin event Dec. 4th in Abilene. Texas. Part of our event is showing newcomers all the things surounding Geocoins. contest, missions, trading, diferent artist and venders. The "Coinfather has allowed us to display our "Blue" mystery coin for others to enjoy and we will be sure to mention Mr Gray when we get to the table that holds our Mystery coins. It sounds like this may still be continuing after our event. Everyone loves mystery coins!

:santa: Received my "confidential" letter from Mr. Gray #14 over the weekend...oh goodie, goodie, goodie. This will be only my second mystery coin. Will do the paypal thing when I get home tonight. The wait is going to kill me :santa:

Thanks to Mr Gray for his ingenious way of "testing" us mere humans.

Greetings fellow Earthlings,

Mr. Gray requests your help. His Geocoin needs an icon before it can be released to the world.

Please post your icon submission here as well as e-mail them to me.

Is there a different email we should use? The one through your GC profile won't allow attachments. Unless my mere earthling brain just can't figure it out?? :santa:

Edited by Suzyfishn

Greetings fellow Earthlings,

Mr. Gray requests your help. His Geocoin needs an icon before it can be released to the world.

Please post your icon submission here as well as e-mail them to me.

Is there a different email we should use? The one through your GC profile won't allow attachments. Unless my mere earthling brain just can't figure it out?? :santa:

:santa: Well... I will tell you what I did! I send to Mr Gray some icons to choose, but I first loaded them in my Photobucket account! then.... I used the direct link, copied and pasted it in the email via geocaching and he received it! :santa:

I am absolutely astounded.

I went to check the mail today... Bill, geocoin, pathtag, bill, pathtag, junk mail, junk mail, Mr Gray envelope, bill... Hang on...

I walked into the house with the biggest, stupidest grin on my face... My wife took one look at me and said... "What is it?"

A most interesting missive which we both read. We believe... But payment will have to wait until payday. :rolleyes:

Still... We got a letter. ;)

Z.

I told myself that checking the mail everyday looking for an envolope from Mr. Gray would be fulfilling if there was one there. I had to work overtime today and when I got home my wife had already brought the mail in. I asked if there was anything interesting and she said same ol' crap but there is a letter from a MR. Gray. I gave out a happy shout and she had no clue. Thank you MR. Gray, I do believe, I really do beleive.

THIS might or might not be a preview of the Mr. Gray Geocoin, you decided. :D

I do not know if this is the coin or part of it... :D

I like it a lot! if it is not a coin... it is surelly one of the most beautiful signature items!

I have the feeling that this is the bottom of a spaceship! it looks like a secret weapon on a spaceship I had seen in a movie! but I do not rememberwell now...

It also reminds me (but I have to see the film again... ) the independence day... shapceship where it was opening and from the center the leiser line was coming out destroying everything....

I am wondering.... the while lines (not the one in the center!) on the edges... are glowing? they seemed to be landing lights! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

Looks like a delicate flower! I LOOOVVEEE flowers :D And the colors are striking.

Has anyone noticed that the lens shaped structures are colored with dark transparent enamel? I am pretty sure that I see a shape below the enamel. I am most reminded of an apple cut in such a way as the seed tunics form a star shape. I can't help thinking that I am looking at a fruiting body.

Since I recently acquired icon making skills, here is my icon submission.

mrgrayicons.jpg

Mr. Gray, please tell me if you want this submitted another way.

I chose gray for the icon's background, and the other colors show black enamel on metal. If Mr. Gray want's to use this, I can easily change the colors to make them brighter.

Edited by GregsonVaux

OK I'm spending too much time on this. However, I had to say more about the mystery of the images on the coin. No one else commented on my observation that there appears to be a shape under the transparent enamel in the lens shapes. I downloaded the coin image and looked at it with various changes in color and contrast. Here are some false color images. My best guess is that there are aliens in the lenses. The pictures may be too small to see details. If you blow them up, you can see the aliens.

mrgrayaliens1.jpg

mrgrayaliens2.jpg

mrgrayaliens3.jpg

mrgrayaliens4.jpg

OK I'm spending too much time on this. However, I had to say more about the mystery of the images on the coin. No one else commented on my observation that there appears to be a shape under the transparent enamel in the lens shapes. I downloaded the coin image and looked at it with various changes in color and contrast. Here are some false color images. My best guess is that there are aliens in the lenses. The pictures may be too small to see details. If you blow them up, you can see the aliens.

mrgrayaliens1.jpg

mrgrayaliens2.jpg

mrgrayaliens3.jpg

mrgrayaliens4.jpg

It looks more like ghost in the lenses to me.

Did anyone notice that on the flickr page the bottom left and top let corners of the picture as a whole has another similar colored object (looks like the coin) but is not quite the same shape as the middle image?

Most definitely. Some people have speculated that the object in the center is the coin (Mr. Gray indicates that it might not be) and that the coin is made of more than one piece. I don't know what the objects are to the top and bottom left, but they are most definitely differently shaped, but with similar colors. They both seem to be made with the same metal (antique brass?) and both have the same white enamel as on the central object. The bottom left object has red coloring on it. Thus, all three items could be parts of a multi-part coin.

Did anyone notice that on the flickr page the bottom left and top let corners of the picture as a whole has another similar colored object (looks like the coin) but is not quite the same shape as the middle image?

Most definitely. Some people have speculated that the object in the center is the coin (Mr. Gray indicates that it might not be) and that the coin is made of more than one piece. I don't know what the objects are to the top and bottom left, but they are most definitely differently shaped, but with similar colors. They both seem to be made with the same metal (antique brass?) and both have the same white enamel as on the central object. The bottom left object has red coloring on it. Thus, all three items could be parts of a multi-part coin.

I'm goin to go out on a limb here but I wanna say that the coin is not shaped as shown! If you look at the two white enamel lines on the edge of the "petal", in between them and toward the black part the brushing on the antique finish meets up in he middle...I want to say waaaay to perfectly...and they are the same on every "petal" too! My guess is that Mr G has manipulated the image of the coin like some kind of kalidescope image and that's why the brush marks are so uniform and meeting together too perfectly! The other chunks of images on the side might reflect the actual coin more then the middle image does.

Would it be out of the ordinary for one Mr G to manipulate us like that....I think not! :P

Careful.....he's setting the trap and you are all jumping in! Mwhahahaha! :blink:

Edited by boomerangpapa