OREGON 550 COMPLETED WHERIGOS

honeymooners

HI, I'M TOTALLY NEW TO THE Wherigo CACHES AND HAVE COMPLETED 2 OF THEM. THE FIRST WHEN I TRIED TO UNLOCK THE CARTRIDGE ON THE Wherigo WEBSITE COULDN'T LOCATE THE FILE. I THOUGHT PERHAPS WE DIDN'T SAVE THE GAME WHEN FINISHED AND THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. THIS WEEKEND DROVE A WAYS AWAY TO DO ANOTHER AND MADE A POINT TO SAVE THE GAME WHEN FINISHED, JUST TRIED TO UNLOCK THE CARTRIDGE AND IT CAN'T FIND IT.

THIS IS WHAT I'M DOING, I'VE GOT MY GARMIN HOOKED UP TO THE COMPUTER AND AM GOING TO THE Wherigo WEBSITE AND I'M CLICKING ON THE UNLOCK TAB, FINDING THE Wherigo UNDER MY GARMIN ON MY COMPUTER BUT IT SAYS :AN ERROR OCCURED AND THE FILE IS UNREADABLE:

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT I'M DOING WRONG? I CAN'T GET THE CODE TO UNLOCK OUR CARTRIDGE.

THANKS! GWEN

When you want to use an unlock code for a Wherigo, it will given to you at the completion of the cache on your device. When you have reached the last stage, it should tell you that, and then give you the code whicd you can then enter on the website. Not all Wherigo caches have that step in them, so you would need to upload the saved game to the site.

If you are looking for the saved game, you need to hook your Garmin to your computer (I am assuming that you have a Windows based PC) via a usb cable. That will allow your Oregon and it's associated microSD card (if you are using one) to be seen under My Computer as drives. If you open the Garmin drive, you will see a folder called Wherigo. If you open that folder you will see the installed cartridges and a folder called Saved Games or something like that. If you open that folder you will see your saved game there, under the same title as the cartridge is named. It will only be there once, and it will be the most recent saved one. Then what you do is go to the Wherigo.com site, find that cartridge, and select the upload saved game. The resulting screen will let you browse to the folder where your save game is, and then you can select it for upload. You have to keep in mind that some Wherigo authors don't code the cartridge correctly, and your save game will not appear. I just did a brand new one here in Oregon called Clue Beaverton (actually got the FTF on it!), and followed it through all the way to signing the log. But I never got the saved game message, nor the unlock code. I contacted the CO, and he corrected that error. So now I can go back, do it again and get the data I need to be able to log it on Wherigo.com.

Rich aka ivhs72

HI, I'M TOTALLY NEW TO THE Wherigo CACHES AND HAVE COMPLETED 2 OF THEM. THE FIRST WHEN I TRIED TO UNLOCK THE CARTRIDGE ON THE Wherigo WEBSITE COULDN'T LOCATE THE FILE. I THOUGHT PERHAPS WE DIDN'T SAVE THE GAME WHEN FINISHED AND THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. THIS WEEKEND DROVE A WAYS AWAY TO DO ANOTHER AND MADE A POINT TO SAVE THE GAME WHEN FINISHED, JUST TRIED TO UNLOCK THE CARTRIDGE AND IT CAN'T FIND IT.

THIS IS WHAT I'M DOING, I'VE GOT MY GARMIN HOOKED UP TO THE COMPUTER AND AM GOING TO THE Wherigo WEBSITE AND I'M CLICKING ON THE UNLOCK TAB, FINDING THE Wherigo UNDER MY GARMIN ON MY COMPUTER BUT IT SAYS :AN ERROR OCCURED AND THE FILE IS UNREADABLE:

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT I'M DOING WRONG? I CAN'T GET THE CODE TO UNLOCK OUR CARTRIDGE.

THANKS! GWEN