Whats the Best Bluetooth GPS

I am using an iPhone 3gs and live in Florida. Most of the trails here are thick covered with palms and such and I can never get ground zero with it. I want to purchase a very good but inexpensive Bluetooth GPS receiver to link to the phone. Any recommendations?

You'll have to hack(jailbreak) the phone, and add a BlueTooth stack for it to recognize an

bluetooth receiver.

I don't know the software or procedures, but Apple doesn't want ya using outside hardware

at this(or probably any) time.

Norm

I am using an iPhone 3gs and live in Florida. Most of the trails here are thick covered with palms and such and I can never get ground zero with it. I want to purchase a very good but inexpensive Bluetooth GPS receiver to link to the phone. Any recommendations?

As RRLovers already stated, the iPhone/iPod Touch doesn't support any bluetooth devices other than headsets. If you jailbreak your device, you can purchase a bluetooth stack to allow you to use your GPSr. Bak in the OS v3.1.2 days, I had done this with my iPod Touch, and then I was able to associate my Garmin GPS10x to the iPod Touch. It worked pretty well, but to be honest, the iPhone 4 internal GPSr is as accurate, and is a heck of a lot easier to use. I would suggest that you consider upgrading your phone before trying to go the other route, but it is possible if you are willing to "fiddle with things" to get them/keep them working.

When I played with it, the ROQY software was one f the highest rated ones. I believe it cost me $8 EU, which came out to around $10 USD They had a list of supported devices, you if you are going to consider going this route, I would suggest checking their list to make sure that whatever you buy will work with the software (and if you don't use their software, then do the same for whatever software you do choose).