"regular" christmas mission

grodan & fiabus

Is there going to be a "regular" christmas mission? Does anyone have the time and effort to host one this year? Maybe people think the winter fun mission and the adventcalendar mission is just enough? Maybe lorcas wintermission goes for christmasmission?

I would love to join in but the adventmission is to big for me and not enough time to get it overseas but for a regular one maybe.

grodan Karin

Is there going to be a "regular" christmas mission? Does anyone have the time and effort to host one this year? Maybe people think the winter fun mission and the adventcalendar mission is just enough? Maybe lorcas wintermission goes for christmasmission?

I would love to join in but the adventmission is to big for me and not enough time to get it overseas but for a regular one maybe.

grodan Karin

I would like to do a regular Christmas mission. Sorry I don't have time to host it though. I would have time to shop for Christmas. No time right now though.

this is not mean brutal but my winter mission is not a x~mas mission the different between them is a x~mas mission must be full with x~mas things but mine must be with winter things........

but i can do a x~mas mission if people want so let it know and if people want i will open a x~mas mission tomorrow for sign in.

What do you have to do to host one? I'll host it if it's not a ton of insanity.

:D:santa::anitongue::santa::anitongue::santa::anicute:

1. List the mission, set the boundaries, deadlines and guidelines - remember 70% of participants will be from US, balance from Canada, Europe and Australasia. Deadlines need to be realistic for international postage delivery times - up to 6 weeks in some places. :D

2. Keep a very good database - on spreadsheet is fine.

3. Accept emails from everyone who wants to join in. :D

4. Once sign-ups are closed, allocate a recipient for each participant - not pairing the same. Careful here, to ensure each is both sending and receiving a mission (or mulitples)

5. Be aware some will want PET missions too. and they will be also children participants who wish to send to other children.

6. Send each mission participant an email with full details of who to send a mission to.

7. Remember this is a geocoin mission, so geocoins must be part of the mission, but other additional gifts are also encouraged.

8. Tick off on the database when a mission participant receives their mission.

9. Follow up on any missions not received. :D

When I hosted the 2008 mission, there was 2 players not in the full spirit, so expect some disappointments.

It's great fun, watching the missions arrive! Most participants will post on the forum, of their excitments. Many will post photos.

Edited by Butterfly_lady