Scouts Canada Geocaching Badge?

Highland Horde

It looks like a camp crest. I'd suspect from the GC' 09 that it was a Group Commissioner training course in 2009 or a camp but with all the sections depicted I'm leaning towards the Group Commissioner course. Mind you I'm not certain merely guessing from the clues. However you can be pretty sure it's not an actual trackable badge. The code isn't right.

I'd suggest one of the following:

All sections camp at a camp with the initials GC in 2009

Camp for training on Group Commissioner Training in 2009

Just my random thoughts.

It looks like a camp crest. I'd suspect from the GC' 09 that it was a Group Commissioner training course in 2009 or a camp but with all the sections depicted I'm leaning towards the Group Commissioner course. Mind you I'm not certain merely guessing from the clues. However you can be pretty sure it's not an actual trackable badge. The code isn't right.

I'd suggest one of the following:

All sections camp at a camp with the initials GC in 2009

Camp for training on Group Commissioner Training in 2009

Just my random thoughts.

I found out through the local forum. It was for a scouting event held last year. They are holding another this year for the scouts with an regular geocaching event afterwords. They are producing new badges this year for the scouting event and hopefully they will have a few badges for those at the event after.

Edited by Highland Horde

Nice badge! But there is no scout/cubs/beaver badge for geocaching. The US Scouting organization is much more advanced with this. They have one. Hopefully, we'll get one here soon.

Why not use the Pack/Troop Specialty badge for Geocaching?

Some groups do this, I believe 35th Tecumseh Scouts use the troop specialty badge for geocaching, Scouter Mark you here?

Our troop doesn't do this but we did get out caching at the end of last year and will get out again.

This badge was made by Tiggy00,, Aka : Akela (Robert) 2nd Cole Harbour Cubs in Cole Harbour, NS. This crest was made for a caching event he organized and he doing the same this coming weekend with a new crestand also holding a geocaching eventf or both Scouts and cachers,, the Lettering GC '09 is for Gecaching 09..