2010 Indiana 10th Anniversary Geocoin

rsfish1

Well this is my first post as a designer. Luckie5892 and I have put together the 2010 Indiana Geocoin.

When putting the coin together it was important for me to pick out the things that I liked so much about geocaching. The covered bridges here in Indiana are one of my favorite areas to visit and there are so many geocaches close to or on them. Many of them have ammo cans which we all love to find. The Indianapolis area that I am from is known for having a few small auto races now and then. Well there has been more then once I felt like I ws in a race car either trying to get the FTF or with some other die hard cacher that had to get 100 caches or more in a day.

I also wanted to honor those older caches that had endured the test of time in Indiana. So the other side of the coin has, well at least at the time of design, the 8 oldest, active caches of the different types from across the state.

It is now on Presale at coinsandpins.com through November 1st.

2 Coin Set

Antique Bronze

Antique Silver

■ Measures 1.75" diameter

■ Epoxy coated front for added protection

■ Translucent and solid colors

■ Trackable on Geocaching.com

■ An icon unique to this coin will show on your profile when you log a discovery

indiana-10th-anniversary-2set-5h.jpg

Edited by rsfish1

We just finalized the LE version last night. Sorry no pictures. But it will be a 2 Tone. I would like to start a cointest for 3 lucky people to win a free coin. One of those 3 will win the the LE version.

The cointest will run through Sunday night at midnight EST. One guess per person. All people who guess the correct number will be put in to the drawing. Post your guess here in the forums in full years. No months are needed since I do not remember the exact date I started.

Besides my first geocoin, this is a very important week for me. It is my one month anniversary for being smoke free. I figured if I could make it to one month without smoking, I would be done with them for good. So here is your question. How many years did I smoke before finally wising up and quitting? The only hint I will give is that I was born in the 60's. I hate that it took me this long to finally stop. But for those who do/did smoke, you understand how hard it is to do.

Presales end on the 1st. Thanks for playing!

beautiful coin!!!

I will guess 28 years!

congratulations that you desided to quit smoking!!! It is better to do that late... than not to do it at all! :unsure:

I am not a smoker, and I never was! None in my family smokes!

The only exceptions are my godfather and... my grandfather who is dead for a long long time ago!

In older times, to smoke was something cool.. at least that is what young people used to believe! Even in the 90's... things were like that at least in Greece! You can not imagine how many times others were laughing at me... because I was not a smoker! I didn't like it and.. actually I didn't find it attractive to taste it... I couldn't understand what the smokers find in them! I never touched it... not even when I was in the army for my duty! Relatives and friends were saying... if you will not start smoking in the army... then you will never smoke!

well....I am still "clean"... B)

I'm guessing 27 years. Congrats on quitting! When I first met my hubby 3 years ago he had smoked since he was a teenager (he's now in his late 40s). But once we started dating and he found out I didn't smoke he quit cold turkey and still hasn't picked up a ciggy to this day!! I'm so proud of him!

Well we have a winner of the LE. Only one guess was exact. Team Kizb with 24 years!

I ran the rest of the post numbers through a random number generator and came up with 2 more winners from all the rest of the guesses. Mickebush77 and The Skylark Four each will get one of the regular editions.

Thanks everyone for playing and the well wishes. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do. You have to be ready to do it and having a good support group is important. If you are thinking about stopping, I will be more than glad to offer up some tips.

Presales end today.

Well we have a winner of the LE. Only one guess was exact. Team Kizb with 24 years!

I ran the rest of the post numbers through a random number generator and came up with 2 more winners from all the rest of the guesses. Mickebush77 and The Skylark Four each will get one of the regular editions.

Thanks everyone for playing and the well wishes. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things to do. You have to be ready to do it and having a good support group is important. If you are thinking about stopping, I will be more than glad to offer up some tips.

Presales end today.

Congrats on quitting!! I also made that improvement in my life! I had my last drag on 23 January 2008 - I am closing in on 3 years! And it definitely feels great! I wish I had seen this cointest early enough to have participated. Besides identifying with your awesome achievement, and loving geocoins, I have some connections to the state of Indiana. I have done lots of genealogy research, and have lots of ancestors that were from that state. In fact, my great-grandfather was a mayor of Richmond, Indiana. His name was Lawrence Alonzo Handley.

I am born and raised in Pennsylvania, but one more ironic connection is that I graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania!

PS...great-looking coin!! I really love it, and would have loved the chance to win one, as we just don't have any extra money right now to make purchases. Good luck on your sales, and good luck on remaining smoke-free!! That was a GREAT choice to make!!

Presales end today.

Hey, I won! Sweet, guess my chaos theory of deductive reasoning paid off this time.

Congrats on quitting smoking and thanks for the Cointest! Can't wait to see what the LE looks like.

I just got mine in today. The first time for me to see them in person. Here are the pictures of the LE I had made. 1 is going to Team Kizb. And a couple of others to friends. I only had 10 of them made. This was my first attempt at designing a geocoin. I can see how it can be addicting. LOL

Indiana2T1.jpg

Indiana2T4.jpg

Hopefully they will be up for sale soon. I will post when they are up and available.

Thanks again for everyone that bought.

Edited by rsfish1