Wireless Beacon

tsnyder88

Sweet, I like it.

Step1-I'm curious how its implemented, I didn't think any constant or automated activities were allowed on these "hertz". This might be the toughest for some cachers, as these "hertz" really aren't that well known, but the equipment based on them is.

Step2-This could be a couple different things, but as stated before, the CO seems to give a hint to which in another post, so I've got a good idea.

Step4-Oh wow, everyone should get this one. I was thinking of doing a cache based on this step alone, with a "helper" based on step1 if I happen to be around.

If I'm getting the gist and I'm right, none of this would be proprietary equipment, and most likely almost every cacher probably already owns what they need. Too bad its 560 miles away from me.

If I'm getting the gist and I'm right, none of this would be proprietary equipment, and most likely almost every cacher probably already owns what they need.

negative on that, i only got 2 out of the 3 required devices :anitongue: i demand 5 difficulty stars! :rolleyes: (or is that terrain?)

there is a new cache not to far from but i cant figure out what i need to find this type of cache GC2G604

Try about two minutes searching on Google and it will be pretty obvious. The cache owner used wording that is pretty easy to find out what the matching gear is. If you're any kind of an experienced cacher you have them all. If you don't, you almost certainly know somebody who does.

there is a new cache not to far from but i cant figure out what i need to find this type of cache GC2G604

The 462,XXX,XXX and 467,XXX,XXX frequencies I think would be a standard police scanner. The 2,XXX,XXX,XXX frequencies are what I believe the older cordless phones operated on, and the 87,500,000 to 107,900,000 sounds like FM radio.