Garmin 76Cx arrival alarm

LinXG

From a 60Cx.

Main Menu>Proximity> install chosen waypoint. Hilite far right Radius>Entr> #s box drops down for distance.

Also ck Prox Alarm Tones at the bottom of page.

Then back out and click on System, Prox Alarms off/on at the bottom of page.

Next, Tones, Prox Alarm Tones at the bottom of page.

And the mute box.

Units, select Metric for the closest to the point, next is Statute, then Nautical, a tad further out.

I'm forgetting something, but this will do for a starter.

Hmm... checked the manual and it looks like proximity is used to identify places you want to avoid.

It can be, but it works just as well to let you know when you are arriving. It just sounds a tone when you get to the proximity radius you have set. You can use that capability for whatever you want.

Xyzee posted while I was typing this, but since it sometimes helps to have something explained in different ways, I’ll go ahead and include the following:

For it to work, you have to have the alarm tones toggled on. Garmin made this tricky by making two different settings that must both be toggled on. ;) One is: MENU>MENU>Setup> System>Proximity Alarms. The other is Proximity Alarm Tones>Proximity Alarms. You can get to this setting 2 ways: 1) MENU>MENU>Setup>Tones> Proximity Alarm Tones, or 2) MENU> MENU>Proximity>Proximity Alarm Tones. Check the checkbox at bottom of page. Also check MENU>MENU>Setup>Tones and make certain Mute is not checked.

I was just looking at my Legend HCx as it's pretty similar to the 60/76 and I don't see where to set the proximity distance. Mine say 1.6 kilometer, which could be a default I don't know how to change.
On the 60/76CS(x) series, you go to the proximity screen (MENU>MENU>Proximity), then cursor to the Radius field and press ENTER.

Hi roybassist and xyzee

I will certainly try your suggestions however as I understand the manual you set the proximity tone for a specific waypoint.

I'm looking for a global setting that applies to all waypoints so when I am, for example, 10 meters from a point I will hear the arrival tone.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lin

I was just looking at my Legend HCx as it's pretty similar to the 60/76 and I don't see where to set the proximity distance. Mine say 1.6 kilometer, which could be a default I don't know how to change.
On the 60/76CS(x) series, you go to the proximity screen (MENU>MENU>Proximity), then cursor to the Radius field and press ENTER.

Thanks - just checked and my Legend HCx has the same radius field.

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide