Carousel Tiger Geocoin

Geocoin Design

Received email from Geocoin guy last night that he was holding mine to be shipped with the Christmas coins. He provided an answer within a couple hours.

I didn't ship yours with the 'regular' invoices because they were sold to you outside the store, for which you have no order number. I noted your invoice had been paid on 10/31 on my Excel sheet. I'd be happy to put them in the post to you today before Noon, Pacific time (when my PO closes); or I can post them with the Xmas coins.. your choice :)

Today I received a very large box.... within the plethora of packing peanuts, airbags, bubblewrap and moulded foam, was a GORGEOUS 'Carousel':

cs.jpg

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

cs4.jpg

Thanks so much, Alison! You certainly have secured an AE Carousel for yourself for each of the Carousel series coins!

~J

Wow, That is absolutely beautiful, we received ours, Very Nice and Merry Christmas to you!

Today I received a very large box.... within the plethora of packing peanuts, airbags, bubblewrap and moulded foam, was a GORGEOUS 'Carousel':

cs.jpg

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

cs4.jpg

Thanks so much, Alison! You certainly have secured an AE Carousel for yourself for each of the Carousel series coins!

~J

That is absolutely beautiful! What a thoughtful gift and a beautiful way to display these coins. Congrats Jim!

I would like to give credit where credit is due here. B)

Jim went above and beyond with impecable service to insure customer satisfaction and that I received my order for these coins. I'm not sure how, but I have a feeling it was my mistake and my address was incomplete on the mailing label and they ended up getting sent back to Geocoin Design. Jim immediately made the address correction and had them shipped back to me. They arrived safely friday and I just wanted to give Jim two thumbs up! Both on the design and the way he made sure this customer was happy! :D

Thanks a milLION!

BTW, great looking display, I'm envious!

I would like to give credit where credit is due here. B)

Jim went above and beyond with impecable service to insure customer satisfaction and that I received my order for these coins. I'm not sure how, but I have a feeling it was my mistake and my address was incomplete on the mailing label and they ended up getting sent back to Geocoin Design. Jim immediately made the address correction and had them shipped back to me. They arrived safely friday and I just wanted to give Jim two thumbs up! Both on the design and the way he made sure this customer was happy! :D

Thanks a milLION!

BTW, great looking display, I'm envious!

Thanks so much for the nice comments - Sometimes things just happen.. we don't know why it happens.. it just does. I'm happy to hear that your coins arrived to you. As far as the design, that credit must go to my OUTSTANDING artist, Kyndrid. She put together a superb looking coin and then we refined it for 2 months prior to production.

As far as customer service goes - I have "ALWAYS" righted the wronged ;)

I received my coins and love the beautiful colors. Well done Jim. Can't wait for the panda bears. :)

LOL - Well, I don't know about that... There is a plethora of animals in our kingdom. As far as land mammals though, I'm not sure if a Panda would be a good fit here. The only bear I have grown fond of in the past couple of years has been a 3-Toed Sloth bear with very large nostrils ;) I'm not counting out the Panda for the future, just not for 2011. Don't worry though.. I'm sure the next Carousel series coin won't disappoint ;)

I'm happy to hear that your coins arrived to you. As far as the design, that credit must go to my OUTSTANDING artist, Kyndrid. She put together a superb looking coin and then we refined it for 2 months prior to production.

Thank you Jim! They were fun to work on and all color credit goes to you.

Is there a problem with the icon for the tigers? I activated my two tigers today, both have the generic icon. Lions and horses are fine.

Oh, and is it possible to tease out a hint on the progress on the fourth carousel coin?

I will check with Annie at Groundspeak - I don't think I activated one myself, so I will make sure she has the icons.

Hmmm ... hint...

It will be either an actual or mythical animal ;)

~J

PS - Kyndrid - You are my rock star!

I just noticed something strange on cointracking.com... Are there actually six versions of the carousel tiger? Possibly an error version in satin gold, with enamel according to the satin silver scheme?

This is the one I suspect is an error edition:

cysnan_trade_Carousel_Tiger_SG_Front100-thumb.jpg

Because it doesn't look quite the same as any of these:

pingos_trade_Pingos_Keeping_Carousel_Tiger_Satin_Nickel_Front100.jpgdschinny_trade_Carousel_Tiger_Gold_Front300.jpg

I received my coins and love the beautiful colors. Well done Jim. Can't wait for the panda bears. :)

LOL - Well, I don't know about that... There is a plethora of animals in our kingdom. As far as land mammals though, I'm not sure if a Panda would be a good fit here. The only bear I have grown fond of in the past couple of years has been a 3-Toed Sloth bear with very large nostrils ;)

IMG_NEW-2.jpg

:lol:

ILYK

I just noticed something strange on cointracking.com... Are there actually six versions of the carousel tiger? Possibly an error version in satin gold, with enamel according to the satin silver scheme?

This is the one I suspect is an error edition:

cysnan_trade_Carousel_Tiger_SG_Front100-thumb.jpg

Because it doesn't look quite the same as any of these:

pingos_trade_Pingos_Keeping_Carousel_Tiger_Satin_Nickel_Front100.jpgdschinny_trade_Carousel_Tiger_Gold_Front300.jpg

I'm not sure which coin you are looking at there, and I have taken an extra day off for Labor Day, so - what you see may have been a sample photo. I was playing around with colors and metals and you really can't rely on what cointracking has for photos of the Tigers. I do know that I still have some AE Tigers in a box somewhere at home :) My sister swiped my personalized AE from my keychain this weekend, so looks like I have to activate one when I get home and put it on my keyring with my Horse and Lion. ;)

~J

I'm not sure which coin you are looking at there, and I have taken an extra day off for Labor Day, so - what you see may have been a sample photo. I was playing around with colors and metals and you really can't rely on what cointracking has for photos of the Tigers.

Here is a larger version of the photo - definitely the colours of the satin nickel version, but it looks more golden than nickel-ish. Could of course be a sample that has been set loose! :)

2b9ffdef-4be5-4652-8407-8f8d6f246821.jpg

Yes, I believe there are six of them. And I believe I have got all. :) I'll try to make a photo for you this weekend. These are the ones I've got:

copper/orange/green

satin gold/orange

gold/white/red

satin nickel/orange

black nickel/orange

gold/rainbow glitter (AE)

Though, if you check my post earlier in this thread (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=262375&view=findpost&p=4835825), you will see an image where the satin nickel/orange colour combination seems to exist with a different plating. Might be a sample, though.