Geocoin Design

proudly presents the 3rd in the Carousel Geocoin series:

Carousel Tiger Geocoin

CTc2010post700.jpg

Coin Specifications:

Size: 1.75" x 1.48"

Platings: 4 Regular Versions, 1 Limited Edition, 1 Artist Edition

Custom Icon: cticon32.gif

It is with great pleasure that I can formally announce Geocoin Designs' new artist (Kyndrid) has perfected the full sized geocoin in this stunning creation of a Carousel Tiger. This 3rd installment of the Carousel series features Translucent and Imitation Hard Enamels, sparkling Glitters, precision lines and modest textures.

Be sure to get in on these while you can!

Prices - RE: $9.75 LE: $10.00

Preorders are now being taken and individual blueprint art can be viewed here.

Enjoy!

Beautiful addition to your carousel series...

not to be a stick in the mud, but I've been burnt on these type 'pre-order' sales before and I'm more vigilent about them now...

the only info I can find to describe your 'pre-sale' on your website is "Shipping on 'preordered' geocoins will be handled within 24 hours of receipt of the coins to GeocoinDesign"

Quite frankly I'd like to know if these coins have been minted yet? and if not when do you expect to mint them and have them availably ready for your customers?

not to be a stick in the mud, but I've been burnt on these type 'pre-order' sales before and I'm more vigilent about them now...

<snip>

Thank you for the compliment! Sheri and I are really proud of these. We've been working on them for almost 3 months now getting the right color combinations and textures in place. The little details, such as the correct position of the paw pads on the front foot and which side we were going to put the curled tail. (We initially had the tail laying on BOTH sides - lol)

I am currently waiting on the final blueprint from the mint, as they chose to ignore using "Monotype Corsiva" for the "Track at Geocaching.com" text around the tracking numbers. That is the font used on the first two Carousels, and I want them to match. When that comes back, samples will be done and those photos will be posted here.

I expect to put the Tigers into full production by the end of next week, but saw no reason not to offer them up now, since I only really need the font fixed on the blueprint.

Its up to you to decide if you want to preorder these or not John, but you haven't been 'burnt' by me ;) They would make a nice addition next to your Horses and Lions too!

For those of you that have emailed (and called) about the Artist Edition...

I have NOT shown you that blueprint because that coin will not be for public sale at GeocoinDesign.com.

I will be keeping one for my meager collection and putting a few in caches, but the bulk of them will be going to Kyndrid... ya'll can beat down her door for them! LOL ;)

<snip>

<snip>

Its up to you to decide if you want to preorder these or not John, but you haven't been 'burnt' by me :rolleyes: They would make a nice addition next to your Horses and Lions too!

Again Jim, you did a great job with them. The artwork looks great!

you are correct, I have not had a problem with you personally, but the whole 'presale' thing as a whole has left a bad taste in my mouth and I now look and think twice before I jump on that bandwagon.

I am looking forward to adding them to my carousel collection of Horses and Lions, but we all have different tastes and like Marianne, I suppose I prefer to wait until they are in stock...

so back to my original thought and question... if they are ordered next week, we're looking at 4-6 weeks before they are available to those of us that prefer to wait?

<snip>

so back to my original thought and question... if they are ordered next week, we're looking at 4-6 weeks before they are available to those of us that prefer to wait?

I'm thinking 3 weeks.. but will get an exact timeline here in about 45 minutes...

I'm thinking 3 weeks, but I can't confirm until a particular typhoon passes..

I went to place an Order. The order page took me to paypal where it said payment had to be made immediately and I had to enter a credit card number. I have only used our checking account for paypal and I don't understand why I have to add a credit card to the paypal account. Has anyone else had this problem? We only use a debt card and I don't use it on the internet since the bank gave our number to someone else who enjoyed gambling.

I went to place an Order. The order page took me to paypal where it said payment had to be made immediately and I had to enter a credit card number. I have only used our checking account for paypal and I don't understand why I have to add a credit card to the paypal account. Has anyone else had this problem? We only use a debt card and I don't use it on the internet since the bank gave our number to someone else who enjoyed gambling.

I'm assuming you only use "E-Checks" through Paypal. If thats the case, its probable the webstore does not accept e-checks.

~J

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Got mine ordered!!! :laughing:

You will be needing a larger Carousel made for you Liz!

I got my order in, too.

Just an aside: :D As the maker of said carousels, I hope you made the holes a bit bigger - getting small enough screw-in loops is a pain.

Well I have two absolutely fabulous ATMouse carousels, and six horses, four lions, and four tigers coming. (I will also have to annoy The Designer for an AE! B) ) I wonder if I just need a bigger carousel so all my animals can play happily? :unsure: And I second the ATMouse's comment about bigger holes!

Seriously looking forward to these coins! :D

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Got mine ordered!!! :laughing:

You will be needing a larger Carousel made for you Liz!

I got my order in, too.

Just an aside: :D As the maker of said carousels, I hope you made the holes a bit bigger - getting small enough screw-in loops is a pain.

Well I have two absolutely fabulous ATMouse carousels, and six horses, four lions, and four tigers coming. (I will also have to annoy The Designer for an AE! B) ) I wonder if I just need a bigger carousel so all my animals can play happily? :unsure: And I second the ATMouse's comment about bigger holes!

Seriously looking forward to these coins! :D

I've had my elbow jossled on the larger sized carousel by someone else, too.

Lemme go back to the drawing board on it. I'm thinking it might be possible, but it would probably be a circle in a circle kind of arrangment. You know, an outer ring of critters and a staggered inner ring. You can't get it too big or it will look odd at that scale.

edited for speeling

Edited by ATMouse

Some teaser photos...

The "Brass Ring" is now 3.5mm wide to facilitate latching them onto ATMouse's Wooden Carousels. It looks a little funky in the pics, but doesn't take away from the true art of the design.

The pictures below are of the LE version (Polished Gold) and the Copper regular version. The gemstones have not yet been inserted, nor have the tracking numbers been engraved...

Enjoy!

CTGR.jpg

Polished Gold - Right side

CTGL.jpg

Polished Gold - Left side

CTCR.jpg

Polished Copper - Right side

CTCL.jpg

Polished Copper - Left side

For those of you who have been waiting... The Carousel Tigers have arrived and paid orders have shipped. Those who have outstanding balances have been invoiced.

All extras are now available here.

:P:ph34r: Photos: :D;)

Polished Gold

VerA-Gold.jpg

Satin Nickel

VerB-SatinNickel.jpg

Polished Copper

VerC-Copper.jpg

Satin Gold

VerD-SatinGold.jpg

Black Nickel

VerE-BlackNickel.jpg

and the ever popular AE

VerF-TwoToneAE.jpg

Enjoy!

Edit: added link.

Edited by Geocoin Design

still waiting here too... looked at the tracking # provided with my invoice and nothing since being checked through the sort facility in Eugene, Oregon on the 13th as of last night. I'm thinking the extra Holiday packages this time of year may have them delayed somewhere.

I wouldn't get overly worried yet. Check your invoice for tracking and it may tell you how close it is, I'm not sure of your location, but I would expect delays in the Upper MidWest where all the snow has travel slowed as well.