World's Most Frequently Found Cache

gmj3191

I tend to put interesting caches on my watchlist, and follow their history fairly closely.

Recently, while in Rome, I found The Spanish Steps cache "GC21M19".

It has been in place for nearly 11 months and has been found about 800 times which is about 2.4 times per day.

Sometimes brand new caches exceed this rate for a few days, but this one is putting in a very solid performance over the long haul.

Are there any other contenders anyone would like to put forward? ;)

It's a tricky question to answer, because the overall rate of cache finding has spiked in the last couple of years - likely due to smartphone caching. So some caches might have higher rates than any others for the last several months or couple of years, but overall numbers will look worse as the years 2006 and before are averaged in.

I own a cache in Central Park that, over its lifetime, averages 1.75 finds per day. However, in 2010 so far it has averaged 2.75 finds per day (seemingly counter-intuitive that the rate would be higher, as the cache gets older). For the month of October, it has been found over 100 times - an average of over 5 finds per day.

My best guess is that the overall leader world-wide is Prague Bridges 1 (GC189E5), which has been around for almost 3 years and has averaged more than 5 finds per day over its lifetime.

My guess is a virtual cache somewhere in Germany. ;)

close Czech Republic

http://coord.info/GC14WV8

5500 finds

that is the most i have heard of.

And that one is not very old....

See this post for the most finds

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=4507924

This does not address find rate, just total finds. The ones listed so far are the most found Traditionals. There is a virtule cache with over 10,000 finds on the list.

Edited by Andronicus

I'll add a couple from the UK - I think these two are the "most found" physical caches, both in London

Last Delievery (London) 2205 visits since 2003

St Etheldreda's (Central London) 1214 visits since 2002

The Stonehenge Virtual also gets a lot of logs - 1490 visits since 2002

Also, this one in Amsterdam is old and still being found regularly. I was told it's the oldest surviving micro cache...

Amsterdam Urban 1 1638 visits since 2001

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

I'll add a couple from the UK - I think these two are the "most found" physical caches, both in London

Last Delievery (London) 2205 visits since 2003

St Etheldreda's (Central London) 1214 visits since 2002

I have the first one on my list as the most found UK cache, although that doesn't mean I'm not missing something of course.

Also, this one in Amsterdam is old and still being found regularly. I was told it's the oldest surviving micro cache...

Amsterdam Urban 1 1638 visits since 2001

I believe that's right. I have that one on my list as the oldest surviving micro, and I have a cache near Dallas GC44E listed two months later as the oldest US micro.

My guess is a virtual cache somewhere in Germany. :P

actually, it used to be: http://coord.info/GCF55A ;)

For what it's worth, even that rate isn't higher than the Czech Traditionals listed above - that cache was only found about 4 times a day.

It's a subtle distinction, but I *think* (and am happy to be corrected) that the CO was asking about find rate - in other words, "finds per day" instead of "total finds".

As far as total finds goes, Four Windows (GCF55A linked above) used to have the most total finds for any listing on the site until Brass Cap Cache (GC43F3), a grandfathered Locationless, finally eclipsed it. Brass Cap is still active, but there is no Locationless icon so rush out to book your flights to Canada (it's represented as a virtual).