Retieve a Lost Code Page

drneal

I was very happy to be able to retrieve coin activation codes without having to pester anyone at Groundspeak...and then..............

I started getting an error code that reads:

Lost Activation Code

User have exceed hourly activation code requests limits. Please wait before making additonal request.

An Error Has Occurred

[We cannot retrieve an activation code for this trackable at this time.]

Reasons:*User have exceed hourly activation code requests limits. Please wait before making additonal request

This message appears anytome I try to use the page using my drneal account. Today I talked with Groundspeak, who also attempted to retrieve one of the codes for one of my coins...no problem.

I assumed the problem had been fixed and tried to get the activation code or activation page for another unactivated coin(this is a really good feature to find out where to activate older coins, or coins missing manufacturer's websites,) and ended up with the same error message.

tried deleting cookies and history which was also no help. Next, tried getting an activation using 2themaxx's account (logged off, and logged back in again as 2themaxx,) and had no problem getting a redirect to the coin activation page.

My question is has anyone else run into a similar problem, or if not, has anyone tried to get activaiton codes for say, 10 or more coins?

Input is appreciated!

I'll also be leaving a note on the feedback site.

ILYK
I was very happy to be able to retrieve coin activation codes without having to pester anyone at Groundspeak...and then..............

I started getting an error code that reads:

Lost Activation Code

User have exceed hourly activation code requests limits. Please wait before making additonal request.

An Error Has Occurred

[We cannot retrieve an activation code for this trackable at this time.]

Reasons:*User have exceed hourly activation code requests limits. Please wait before making additonal request

This message appears anytome I try to use the page using my drneal account. Today I talked with Groundspeak, who also attempted to retrieve one of the codes for one of my coins...no problem.

I assumed the problem had been fixed and tried to get the activation code or activation page for another unactivated coin(this is a really good feature to find out where to activate older coins, or coins missing manufacturer's websites,) and ended up with the same error message.

tried deleting cookies and history which was also no help. Next, tried getting an activation using 2themaxx's account (logged off, and logged back in again as 2themaxx,) and had no problem getting a redirect to the coin activation page.

My question is has anyone else run into a similar problem, or if not, has anyone tried to get activaiton codes for say, 10 or more coins?

Input is appreciated!

I'll also be leaving a note on the feedback site.

ILYK

I got that message yesterday. I hadn't been there before. So it must be a glitch in there system.

It's probably a safe guard, to keep someone from activating geocoins with a bot, or something. Remember when the Unite For Diabetes TBs came out. They were given to cachers and muggles alike, and so many were not logged. I went through the list of all the ones that had not been logged yet, and started posting a copy and paste message about how to log a TB to them, I got up to the Cs or Ds, before I gave up. But during my logging spree, I got stopped by a flood control, and I had to wait before I could continue logging (I must have posted over 400 notes). I'm not positive, but if you were logging a bunch at a time, that could be what it was.

(I never said I knew what makes a website tick. ;) )

I've been having the same problem and posted about it on the Geocaching.com site update thread here:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=4500278

I was able to retrieve codes with no problem but one day I got the error message. I tried again a couple of days later and the same error message. I waited a few days and tried again and no change.

I tried multiple browsers, different coins, etc.

I've been trying to download activation codes throughout the week..I assume you get so many downloads, and the eroor codes appears.

Please leave a note on the feedback site.

ILYK

Done. Hope this gets cleared up as I have a bunch of older coins I want to retrieve codes for.

Does anybody have a link to the specific feedback issue? I am having the same problem and I haven't tried to retrieve a code in several weeks so I definitely have not exceeding any hourly maximum. I would like to add my voice to the issue, but after going to seven pages on the Report a Problem part of feedback, I have been unable to find the issue.

Does anybody have a link to the specific feedback issue? I am having the same problem and I haven't tried to retrieve a code in several weeks so I definitely have not exceeding any hourly maximum. I would like to add my voice to the issue, but after going to seven pages on the Report a Problem part of feedback, I have been unable to find the issue.

Here you go:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/7577...lost-?ref=title

I'm still having the same problem and there hasn't been any response from Groundspeak. So I'm not sure how great the feedback page really is. It seems only the issues with lots of votes gets any response.

I had made a call to Groundspeak back when I got this ball rolling. A better thought might be to contact them through the contact link at the bottom of the main page...you get a case # and I've always been pleased witha quick reply. This is a nice courtesy for Groundspeak to offer (and I'm sure once debugged, will save someone a lot of time looking up activation codes.)

ILYK