Red Box

jawbreaker1222

However if you created a cache container with one of the DVD cases you could have it retrieved using the empty case feature of the Red Box

That would involve modifying Red Box property, so only do it if they give permission. And I expect they will not give permission.

Sticking a magnet on the side of the machine would not damage nor modify their property. Although they may cart the machine away to replace or repair it, and your cache would go along with it!

However if you created a cache container with one of the DVD cases you could have it retrieved using the empty case feature of the Red Box

That would involve modifying Red Box property, so only do it if they give permission. And I expect they will not give permission.

Sticking a magnet on the side of the machine would not damage nor modify their property. Although they may cart the machine away to replace or repair it, and your cache would go along with it!

Ah but if you rented a Red Box DVD, removed the DVD and replaced an empty container you would have purchased the DVD after the 7 day rental period, and thus purchased the container.

The Red Box is set up to allow you to retrieve an empty container if you lost yours thus allowing retrieval of the cache container.

Besides I was just tryint to think outside of the box.

I would think that this would violate the commercial clause of the guidelines.

I have permission from property owner but dont know how to get it from red box. I guess i could hide somewhere in the lot.

How dose it violate the Commercial clause? You dont have to get the movie if you dont want to. Its just a perk for finding the cache. I know i would love to get a free movie rental for finding a cache.

I would think that this would violate the commercial clause of the guidelines.

I have permission from property owner but dont know how to get it from red box. I guess i could hide somewhere in the lot.

How dose it violate the Commercial clause? You dont have to get the movie if you dont want to. Its just a perk for finding the cache. I know i would love to get a free movie rental for finding a cache.

That depends on how you write up the cache listing. Giving away free merchandise is one of the most common forms of advertisement there is. In fact, I'm currently on a free one month trial for netflix. I'm not sure how you could possible write up the cache listing without it looking like an advertisement from red box.

Placing a cache in the nearby parking lot might avoid the commercial guidelines, but unless there's something more interesting in that parking lot that a bunch of places to spend money, what's the point?

I think Red Box is a franchise that can be owned by an individual or the business that the kiosk is located near. I've seen ads in my local paper looking for people interested in buying one. Talk to the store manager and find out who the owner of the kiosk is and then contact that person to get permission. I would think the property owner should know who owns it, but then again, maybe it was simply the store manager who gave permission to place the kiosk? I suppose if it's in a place like a strip mall, it's possible that the person who knows the most about it is the manager of the store in which it' placed in front.

The impression I have gotten is that it works a lot like candy vending machine routes. An individual can own one or a bunch of them and then is responsible for maintaining and filling them.