Lethbridge, Alberta

D8kat

I was wondering how many of us are in or around the Lethbridge area.

I'm D8kat, and my husband is TT, we got involved in geocaching 2 years ago now. We haven't had a lot of time to go out, but are hoping to make time soon. We've been to a couple of Ccars events in Calgary, and 1 Carls event here in Lethbridge.

Our rl names are Gina and Terry Wright.

Hope to meet new folks here.

I was wondering how many of us are in or around the Lethbridge area.

I'm D8kat, and my husband is TT, we got involved in geocaching 2 years ago now. We haven't had a lot of time to go out, but are hoping to make time soon. We've been to a couple of Ccars events in Calgary, and 1 Carls event here in Lethbridge.

Our rl names are Gina and Terry Wright.

Hope to meet new folks here.

Hi, I'm not from Lethbridge, but do live a few hours away... in Elkford BC for now... Lots to see/find between Lethbridge and Cranbrook (some up our direction as well, more coming)... You should have lots of company over there, though.

Good luck caching!

Doug 7rxc

Hi D8Kat,

I do believe we met at one CCAR event. I don't recall seeing any posts here from Lethbridge cachers but you could check out the Calgary forums at this link. I had advocated for a Lethbridge/Medecine Hat forum one time without any success.

My parents are just outside Coalhurst so I spend a fair bit of time in the Lethbridge area. See you on the trails!

To comment on Doug's post, there's a nice EarthCache at [shameless plug]Leitch Collieries[/shameless plug] on the way to Elkford.

I sort of like the one at Lundbreck Falls... although I didn't complete it yet! Nice that Alberta got some of the picturesque scenery...

Highway 3 etc. really does have some fun caches... I can think of one or two really EASY ones... right MrCanoehead?

Doug 7rxc

My family is most in Lethbridge so I get down there once in awhile but then most of my time for caching is occupied with other things while there.

My only hide in Lethbridge is Gutter's Cache -- which I adopted from the original absentee owner back in the days when Groundspeak would allow you to do that. I think it's the second oldest active cache in Lethbridge now.

Hope to get down there again for an event again sometime. Caching in Lethbridge still has a different vibe from caching in Calgary and I like that.

one or two really EASY ones... right MrCanoehead?

Doug 7rxc

easy, yup, when you've got the right angle or helper ;)

My brother and I will be down in Macleod for the Santa Claus parade and he's going to want to hit Sparwood that day. Now I can help him with the truck...

But not too much, Right? He is your brother after all.

BTW both were fine last week... of course I might... hmmm... nah not likely... but someone might.

Doug 7rxc

Hello... I am in Lethbridge.... I moved here from Arkansas last year. I have never been geocaching but it sounds like lots of fun and I would LOVE to learn! Any one in Lethbridge willing to teach or guide me? You can reach me at ... steph_montgomery@live.com... hope to hear from some Lethbridge Cachers soon! God Bless Y'all!

Hello... I am in Lethbridge.... I moved here from Arkansas last year. I have never been geocaching but it sounds like lots of fun and I would LOVE to learn! Any one in Lethbridge willing to teach or guide me? You can reach me at ... steph_montgomery@live.com... hope to hear from some Lethbridge Cachers soon! God Bless Y'all!

There's little to teach or to guide really, but one can try. Step one, you should invest in a GPS unit of some type. You "can" geocache without one, but it makes the game so much harder and less inviting to those like myself who hate failing. lol. Step 2, download yourself some co-ordinates. I would suggest downloading ones closest to home first to get a feel. Jumping headlong into a giant hiking adventure searching for that remote cache as your first find... again. Hate failing lol. Step three, go to the co-ordinates and start searching. It can be anything! Tupperware containers, film canisters, ammo boxes, and there are a few cachers who've sunk time into crating their own unique type container. Once you found your cache, proceed to step four. Trade for something cool, (You should always have some trade Items on you. Personally, I carry around fascinating old coins from around the world,) and sign the log book. Bring a pan too just in case. Step five, go home, log back onto www.geocaching.com, and log your visit with pride!

something tells me that my help may be too late though, judging from the date. Personally, I'm on a learning curve for the community aspects of GeoCaching.com. never thought about forums till today...

Message me if you got further questions. I'll be glad to help you out. :)