coins you get from missions

grodan & fiabus

I was thinking about maybe selling some of my collected coins. Then I got to think again, hmm I have got most of my coins from missions or trades,how do people feel about that if I start selling the coins they have given to me? I still enjoy coins and I will not sell them off tomorrow this is just questions yet. But, my interest has gone down a bit and it is so many things that need my time. Besides, they do take space in our already crowded apartement and they would probably bring in some funds too even as activated. (I got about 500 coins)

I don´t want to make people upset for selling coins they have given to me but I still would like to downsize the collection a little I think.

Need some thoughts and input from you here.

grodan Karin

I probably speak only for myself, but when I give a gift, I usually try to do it without strings attached. Life is full of so many burdens that I don't want my gifts to be one more. If I give a gift and someone later sells it, so be it. I know that when we own something it also owns us and some of us are owned by too much.

Gregson

Well unless it was gifted with "instruction to please do not sell" then it is your coin. Most missions require you to part with another coin(s) to participate so again it is a fair trade and the coin is yours to do with as you please.

Mystery Coins are a whole other thread.. One that I believe has been debated, a lot.

Just my 2 cents (Ohh and yours as well :yikes: as the Aussie dollar matches the green-back)

Edited to add, Ooops sorry Thought you where USA grodan & fiabus :laughing:

Australia Dollars Sweden Kronor

1 AUD = 6.51797 SEK 1 SEK = 0.153422 AUD

so 2 Aussie cents would be..... about 13 Sek :huh:

Edited by AlliedOz

"Australia Dollars Sweden Kronor

so 2 Aussie cents would be..... about 13 Sek blink.gif"

No wonder I never figured the SEK verses AUD out when I tried to sell my Kangaroocoins?? :yikes:

I think 1AUD is about 13SEK

And yes, mystery coin are not in my mind to sell. Those are special ones.

grodan Karin

I feel that any coin given to me in a mission or trade is mine to do with as I see fit (I view missions as a trade venture, even though it is not a direct trade)...send them into the wild, trade or sell...no biggie.

Gifted coins...well, I guess it depends on the coin. Most I could not bear to sell, because of the meaning behind them. I guess as long as there was not a "please do not sell" request that went along with it, I would be okay with selling it. If there was a "please do not sell request", I would trade it for something else to sell.

Mystery coins...those are the coins that will never leave my collection...in dire money emergencies, I would contact the mystery coin giver to see if they were okay with the selling of the coin or trade it for others to sell.

"Australia Dollars Sweden Kronor

so 2 Aussie cents would be..... about 13 Sek blink.gif"

No wonder I never figured the SEK verses AUD out when I tried to sell my Kangaroocoins?? :huh:

I think 1AUD is about 13SEK

I think I misled you there :yikes: not 13 SEK but whatever your cents are.

0.02 AUD = 0.130357 SEK

Definitely anything I give in a mission or trade is fair game - I figure there is no way that I can always get something off someone's seeking list for missions. So I anticipate that something I may give might be sold or traded in order to obtain another coin. In the end, the recipient is happy and that is my main goal with missions or trades. I would not be offended at all.

In fact, sometimes I will trade with someone for a coin I already have (I did this recently in fact) because I don't like to turn down trades and I figure there is always a mission or math trade coming up anyway.

In missions as in trades and even purchases you give something to get something. Period. What you gave is no longer yours but what you got is. That's it! You can do with it as you wish, I think. A mystery coin is a one sided gift and can have strings attached as you gave nothing in return so you're obligated.... not so here.

Good luck in clearing up some space.

The same goes for me. If I give or trade a coin with someone, he can do whatever he wants with it. It's not mine anymore.

I know that personaly I would hang on to the mystery coins and to the ones that were given to me by special people until I really need to part with them for whatever reason ;)

I hate to disagree with people... but I'm going to anyway.

1) Coins you traded for in some way are your property and unless you agreed to any conditions when you got them then you can do what you want with them.

2) Coins that you are given are your property, and unless you agreed to specific conditions when you accepted the gift you can do what you want with it.

3) Mystery coins are actually the exception. No conditions can be attached to the receipt of a mystery coin (you can't agree to conditions before you receive it, and if you don't agree with the conditions you can't return it...)

So, from a legal point of view you have less potential restrictions on mystery coins...

From a personal point of view I would say that the one mystery coin that I have is worth more to me than any of the other coins. I don't know who sent it, or why me, but I really appreciate the spirit in which it was given and the design of the coin. If I don't take it to my grave it's because my wife outlived me and is keeping it. :rolleyes:

So, unless you were given explicit instructions to return the coin, or not to sell it, do what you want with it.

Z.

I hate to disagree with people... but I'm going to anyway.

1) Coins you traded for in some way are your property and unless you agreed to any conditions when you got them then you can do what you want with them.

2) Coins that you are given are your property, and unless you agreed to specific conditions when you accepted the gift you can do what you want with it.

3) Mystery coins are actually the exception. No conditions can be attached to the receipt of a mystery coin (you can't agree to conditions before you receive it, and if you don't agree with the conditions you can't return it...)

So, from a legal point of view you have less potential restrictions on mystery coins...

From a personal point of view I would say that the one mystery coin that I have is worth more to me than any of the other coins. I don't know who sent it, or why me, but I really appreciate the spirit in which it was given and the design of the coin. If I don't take it to my grave it's because my wife outlived me and is keeping it. :D

So, unless you were given explicit instructions to return the coin, or not to sell it, do what you want with it.

Z.

He's not kidding! It's very rarely that I see him get as excited about anything as he was when he received that Loon*a*Tick coin!

Edited by Zwack_&_Irish_Eyes

I feel that any coin given to me in a mission or trade is mine to do with as I see fit (I view missions as a trade venture, even though it is not a direct trade)...send them into the wild, trade or sell...no biggie.

Gifted coins...well, I guess it depends on the coin. Most I could not bear to sell, because of the meaning behind them. I guess as long as there was not a "please do not sell" request that went along with it, I would be okay with selling it. If there was a "please do not sell request", I would trade it for something else to sell.

Mystery coins...those are the coins that will never leave my collection...in dire money emergencies, I would contact the mystery coin giver to see if they were okay with the selling of the coin or trade it for others to sell.

Sounds good to me

Buy/Trade/mission: Do with as you please

Gift/Mystery: Keep or re-gift, do not sell/trade

But that is just me.

Your thoughts are the same as mine. Some day soon I hope I find some time to go through my collection and sort a few out to leve room for new.

I will offer them up for sale here, most of them are activated but only a few logs and never travelled.

I am also asking what the interest are for a trackable samplecoin made only in 1 piece? Would anyone pay for such a coin even if there is the sampleicon and not the real one? I also have samplecoins trackable with my own prefix, don´t know what icon those 2 will get since they are unactivated.

Some of those other samples are also unactivated.

Any interest for samplecoins?

If someone gave/traded me a coin you would like to trade/buy back from me if you find it up for sale ,please let me know and I am sure we can work it out.

grodan Karin