Find the answer to Missing T/B's

Newenglandah

OK Do you own a T/B that has Gone Missing?

Or

Have you placed a T/B that was taken and never grabbed?

Here is a post to list a link to the T/B page and the Cache page where it is still listed! Please in the title to your reply list the T/B's name and state that it was last seen. who knows if this will work but some cachers may get answers!

Lets Hope!

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

quote:
Originally posted by dapos:

My greatest issue is too many travelbugs taken but not logged as taken, leaving me disappointed when I make it to a cache which should have one inside. This makes me very, very angry.

I think newer geocachers have a problem with logging the bugs for some reason and I'm not sure why.

We established a bug hotel a couple of weeks ago and one of the first people there took a bug but didn't log it right away. I sent an email to him walking him through the process for which he was most appreciative. Sometimes, I think, cache hiders need to be on their toes for things like this.

On the other hand, there was one bug that reached one of my caches and was taken by someone, but never logged. Unfortunately, they never logged an entry in the log book or on the site, so there was nothing I could do in that case.

Webfoot icon_razz.gif

One of my hobbes? Tromping through the underbrush looking for Tupperware containers.

We've corresponded by email with the last finder of this cache, who says that Banana Split was gone but not logged out. The log book shows that she was taken on 12-27. We've given it some time, hoping that she would be logged in but hasn't been so far. Guess it's time we logged her into the graveyard just to get her off of the cache page.

By the way, do the rest of you find yourselves "genderizing" your bugs? Banana's a her, OMG's a him, the ones we've found are never "it's". Think we may have a problem here!

For some reason, When I click the link, it thinks about going to the graveyard and than directs me to another website:

http://web1000.globalreachinc.com/404/mainstream/abcsearch2.html

whats that all about???!!!

OH wait figured out why. the link has http:// in it twice. Don't really understand why it sent me to the other page but whateve...

quote:
Originally posted by Natureboy1376:

Here is a link to the T/B grave yard! Take a Look to see if your T/B has been put down after a cacher picked it up and lost it!

http://http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=29352

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

quote:
Originally posted by cachecrazies:

Guess it's time we logged her into the graveyard just to get her off of the cache page.

I have a bug that has gone missing. Logged out in the physical log by folks who never logged the cache online. Rather than drop it into the "graveyard", though, I'm just going to use the duplicate tag to relaunch it. Heck, I may even drop it into the cache the other one disappeared from (or should it be 'from which the other one disappeared'?).

The main problem I find people have with travel bugs is they either miss the reference number or put the wrong reference number in when logging the bug. Eg. They put in TB123 instead of 123456 from the bug tag. If you do this, it jumps back to the input page without an error and people think they have done the right thing but really their input is ignored.

I have contacted a few people about travel bug and generally they have a fiddle around and get it working in the end. I think is gc.com was changed a bit to be a bit more user friendly we would have less lost bugs.

to keep a clean thread to list links to missing bugs --in hope that the bug taker would read it and get ahold of the owner or log off the T/B..Thats why i wrote the first post the way i did and then gave an exmple...It's ok it just seems that all post get side tracked...Granted all the topics are on T/Bs.....

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

quote:

to keep a clean thread to list links to missing bugs --in hope that the bug taker would read it and get ahold of the owner or log off the T/B..Thats why i wrote the first post the way i did and then gave an exmple...It's ok it just seems that all post get side tracked...Granted all the topics are on T/Bs.....

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

ah, ok. Im not sure that would work, and if a traveler is missing, why would it still be listed on a cache page?

"Here is a post to list a link to the T/B page and the Cache page where it is still listed! Please in the title to your reply list the T/B's name and state that it was last seen. who knows if this will work but some cachers may get answers!

Lets Hope!"

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

For an example,,, my second post on this thread....I went to pick up a bug this weekend that is listed on the cache page, but it's not in the Cache.I placed it there in early dec and felt bad it hadn't moved so i figured i'd go regrab it and get it moving...but Someone took it on Dec14th according to the caches physcal log book but they never went to the T/B's page and grabbed it... So i figured if they were looking threw these post and saw it they would be like oh S#$T i didn't do that when i took this bug and go do it...Or they could remember like oh thats the bug i accidentley let the dog have i should email the owner looking for it and put it in the grave yard......Get the idea..

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

quote:

For an example,,, my second post on this thread....I went to pick up a bug this weekend that is listed on the cache page, but it's not in the Cache.I placed it there in early dec and felt bad it hadn't moved so i figured i'd go regrab it and get it moving...but Someone took it on Dec14th according to the caches physcal log book but they never went to the T/B's page and grabbed it...

Yea, but like I said a 'wall of shame' or 'prompt board' wouldn't work (IMO).

quote:
So i figured if they were looking threw these post and saw it they would be like oh i didn't do that when i took this bug and go do it...Or they could remember like oh thats the bug i accidentley let the dog have i should email the owner looking for it and put it in the grave yard......Get the idea..

Well, its my guess that most of the people involved in all these missing bugs are NOT the same ones that use the forums. If someone can find their way to the forums, and are concerned about the traveler they can't log, let the dog eat, or just dont know what to do with it, are probly going to being asking "how do I fix....".

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

I think your right. Captain James T. Kirk is stillin the hands of a cacher that knows what he is doing. We have emailed him numerous times, but still nothing. I give the them a chance first before mailing them in case of sickness or something. But this cacher is still caching & still placing bugs. I think the dog ate it.

rocker51

It's worth the try to post it on here and maybe just maybe at least some people will see this thread and say, oh my I can't keep it for my self? I bet a lot of cachers don't know you have to "grab" it or log it that they took it. A lot of missing ones probably have been moved to a differnt cache but if it hasn't been logged no one knows one is in there.

When I place mine I hope I don't have to put it(them) in the grave yard before it's time! icon_frown.gif

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...

14423_200_1_.jpg

My name is Cookies & Cream have you seen me? Do you have me? If so please log me out of the parker woodland cache in RHODE ISLAND zip code 02816

Every time i cache i say i need a second job, everytime i apply for a job i realize there will be no time to cache???

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

[This message was edited by Natureboy1376 on April 24, 2003 at 03:56 PM.]