MEGA WALES – The UK’s 4th MEGA Event

sniffadogz

As announced at the Scottish MEGA Event, the UK's fourth Geocaching MEGA Event will be held next year in the Brangwyn Hall, Swansea on Sunday 31st July 2011 (see GC2921G and www.megawales.co.uk for more details).

The MEGA Committee has recently been restructured with Gordon Hindess (Write of “Write and Mane”) taking over the post Chairman and he can be contacted via his caching name on the Groundspeak website or via the Megawales website.

The Committee continues to welcome offers of support from the Global Geocaching Community both leading up to the Event and over the course of the MEGA Event period next year. Please do not hesitate to contact any serving member of the Committee if you can help in any way! The last three UK MEGA Events have been attended by over 1,200 geocachers and the Welsh Geocaching Community hopes to continue on successes from these previous MEGA Events.

Thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you on the day.

Viewed by a few people, I see.

I take the lack of comments to indicate that the info is noted and cachers will begin booking Camping, B&B and and Hotels.

Do contact any of the Committee if you have any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you all in sunny Swansea next year, don't forget to bring your bucket and spades!

Or - they all emailed a member of the committee yesterday through the Mega accounts given, and are still waiting for a reply??? :yikes:

.... snip

The last three UK MEGA Events have been attended by over 1,200 geocachers and the Welsh Geocaching Community hopes to continue on successes from these previous MEGA Events.

Just to correct you on the attendee numbers as the only UK Mega Event to have exceeded 1200 was Mega Scotland.

The 'official' registration numbers (people, not teams) on the days were as follows:

2008 - The UK's First Mega Event: 928 people

2009 - The UK's Second Mega Event (Weston-super-Mega): 1044 people

2010 - Mega Scotland - The UK's 3rd Mega Event: 1301 people

.... snip

The last three UK MEGA Events have been attended by over 1,200 geocachers and the Welsh Geocaching Community hopes to continue on successes from these previous MEGA Events.

Just to correct you on the attendee numbers as the only UK Mega Event to have exceeded 1200 was Mega Scotland.

The 'official' registration numbers (people, not teams) on the days were as follows:

Thanks for correcting us, hey ho, sorry about that, some of us are better at numbers than others. :yikes:

However we in Wales are looking forward to as many cachers coming as possible, after all it's not about the numbers is it :huh::laughing:

Edited by Write and Mane

Hi

Was that People or Caching Teams?

As there were 4 in our team!

.... snip

You forgot to mention the excellent 2011 Mega Wales calendar which is available - Lots of brilliant caching views. I know there's a coin or two too... :yikes:

Personally I'm really looking forward to the event/s and having the chance to explore the area through its caches. I'm still hoping for a Flat Holm event too, to compliment last year's brilliant Steep Holm CITO meet. The 2012 SE team plan to have a stand at the Mega to promote the Geolympix and we hope the year on year growth of the UK Mega events continues in Wales. There will be a welcome (and Tupperware) in the hillside... :huh:

"The last three UK MEGA Events have been attended by over 1,200 geocachers" is correct!

"The last three UK MEGA Events have each been attended by over 1,200 geocachers! is incorrect

From another pedant, if we are trying to be precise!!!!!

I did think about that before I posted, but then decided if that was the case ... then Sniffadogz would have made the number even higher (e.g. over 3000) :yikes:

"The last three UK MEGA Events have been attended by over 1,200 geocachers" is correct!

"The last three UK MEGA Events have each been attended by over 1,200 geocachers! is incorrect

I did think about that before I posted, but then decided if that was the case ... then Sniffadogz would have made the number even higher (e.g. over 3000) :yikes:

Double post!

.....actually I drafted it so blame me!

There appears to be a missing " (close quote)! :P

Regards from one pedant to another!! ;)

There appears to be a missing " (close quote)! :P

Regards from one pedant to another!! ;)

Noted - so here it is (").