Advent Christmas Mission

River Cacher

On the fourth day of December my caching buddy gave to me.....

a box of peppermint candy pops (without the stick!)

Again something not found in New Zealand....

Oh, and for those in snow, today I tied tasted my first raspberry of the season - an ebony one, that I beat the birds to....

On goes the bird netting today. (that is, when it cools off enough to go outside again) Sunscreen applied.

i am going to move to new zealand for half the year.

I'm with you RSG, even though it is gonna be in the 60s today. I am not q fan of winter, not even mild Arkansas winters :)

Sorry for my late post for this mission,I have been spending all my free time at

the hospital as my nephue 20yrs old was diagnosed with Leukemia the day after

Thanksgiving (Nov 25th) .He started receiving intence chemotherapy for the next 3 weeks.I will try to

post as I can but I will be spending a lot of time with my family at the hospital for the next month.

I did get to open the first 4 days of my gifts tonight,thankyou Butterfly_lady

for the track your world Marble as my Dec 1st gift. :)

Adventmission003.jpg

Mission arrived, and unpacked. Curious. Lots of stickers which grandson loved.

5234669897_b0ee0f850d.jpg

Then by day four, four gifts opened.

5235259630_af9b4b2366.jpg

minus the chocolate, naturally - rather sweeter chocolate than our local variety. Love sampling culinary tastes from elsewhere!

And today - on the 6th day of Dcember, my caching mission buddy gave to me,

a caribiner and a wheeling island laynard (in purple, my favourite colour!)

Go well cainrcc. Pleased to see the santa sleigh made in safely - I had fun painting that.

Take care of family, precious time spent. Family are the treasures of our life!

Got a note from the postman today that I had a package....Can't go pick it up till tomorrow, but I am hopeful that it is my Advent mission. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My husband just pointed out that the name on the PO slip is my sons not mine, so it is most likely his winter mission....O well I am still smiling about my visit from the bell witch!! :)

Edited by Tonyalynnm

Yeah, today this mission arrived at my home.

The enveloppe was nearly torn open, it suffered from afast flight! Only 9 days.

I waited until the kids came home from school and then we started to open the first 7 presents!

adventmission.jpg

adventmission.jpg

At the moment we do have 4 small kittens just like on the card. They already tried to play with the bells and the stockings :)

Really hope my mission will make it also to my recipient this week.

(emailed but got no reply)

My recipient (and sender!) emailed me yesterday - looks like my mission to them arrived there a few days late as well, even though I sent it many weeks ago.

They sent their mission to me about the same time I sent theirs, and from the looks of it, my mail is lazily making its way down from Queensland, and should hopefully be here by Friday (with any luck!).

I'm having some creative thoughts on this one!

email sent- 10/19/10

name received- 10/31...I am on track on this one! :mad:

mission sent- 11/7 I hope the creativity is enjoyed :anibad:

mission received-12/7....Yahoo! A big box of goodies in my mailbox today-

bfc7f164-a319-47d8-89e8-a1f39ee918c9.jpg

And to get caught up we get to open seven of them!!

6c656c7b-a6a6-494d-a926-0146e12b4d73.jpg

Some decorating items to get me decorating the house (gotta get that tree up!) Candy canes to enjoy while I do that tree chore. A fun pin to put on my caching bag and some football geocoins. I'm not familiar with those, were they done for many teams?? (do I need to be looking for the whole set?!!??) Thanks much, this gives me something to look forward to every morning!!

This seems to have come from the same address that I sent our mission to, I do hope that you are enjoying your countdown to Christmas.

I have really enyoyed being part of this mission - even though mine has still not arrived yet :anibad:

So, it got me to wondering.... I would like an international penpal (both e-mail and snail mail) and perhaps on the first of the month we could send each other a gift carrying on this mission! It would also be great for my 8 year old daughter too.

So, is anyone up for it? :mad:

P.S. I live in England and I am a mad as a hatter!!!!

WOW! wat a very fun mission.

What did I got more...Two times little candles, emery boards, a cute micro coin with a lighthouse on it with a button from Jaybee and RED gloves.

I have used them with geocaching, GC14FCB on 12-4-2010

See this nice picture made bij Sivota with JackHoe and Rob my partner, the other half of the pingos.

f6fffc50-2f1d-46a0-ae37-8899e74d546c.jpg

So far we have gotten- a small Christmas tree, which will be great for Anthony's room. Candy cane ornaments, a Beijing coin, a football coin, Joy candle holders, a fishing reel (?), 2 stuffed Christmas pillows. Sorry my computer is acting crazy so no pics.

Still haven't seen where my person received their mission or had a response from them, but I mailed it in plenty of time and since my mission came from the person I sent it to, I feel like if there was a problem I would have heard by now.

Ours arrived today as well...good timing as this was a good pick-me-up for Brenda who found out that she did not make it into the musical (again :huh: )

Days 1-9 - 2 geocoins (football and Idaho), a tree, Cat in the Hat ornaments, 2 Christmas plush, and 3 cookies/pins.

049cbd29-7783-44d2-9d83-4d741c8b68e8.jpg

oh yeh...and some loose candy in the box

Edited by DresselDragons

Day NINE -- some really cool candles.

And the really interesting and cool thing to me is that the colors are the colors of the walls in my house. The guy that owned my house before me painted in camo colors. The cream is the main walls, the white is the ceilings ante the two dark colors are two of the accent wall colors. Seredipity rules !!

480af701-5719-4a4f-8e72-0691ed2f0247.jpg

Day NINE -- some really cool candles.

And the really interesting and cool thing to me is that the colors are the colors of the walls in my house. The guy that owned my house before me painted in camo colors. The cream is the main walls, the white is the ceilings ante the two dark colors are two of the accent wall colors. Seredipity rules !!

480af701-5719-4a4f-8e72-0691ed2f0247.jpg

<_< I am glad these are your colors :huh: