Advent Christmas Mission

River Cacher

I can't wait for my parcel to arrive :laughing::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We have snow here and when it snows in the UK, everything grinds to a halt :laughing:

Parcel hasn't arrived yet but hopefully it will be soon.

May I suggest that all senders give their recipients their tracking numbers so at least it can take the guessing out of where their parcel is.

For those who are opening today, enjoy and may we have some pictures please

I'm having some creative thoughts on this one!

email sent- 10/19/10

name received- 10/31...I am on track on this one! :blink:

mission sent- 11/7 I hope the creativity is enjoyed :laughing:

mission received-

:huh: Nothing in my mailbox today....hopefully tomorow. I mailed our box on the 9th, my delivery confirmation shows that it was delivered on the 17th....perhaps we need a reminder to post when we receive our packages??? :rolleyes: .....or they didn't like my creativity? :lol:

Having received a mission package from you before usyoopers, I sincerely doubt anyone would be disappointed by what you send and/or your creativity!! :D

I sent mine weeks ago, but my recipient hasn't posted on here that they were part of the mission, so I am hoping they got it, but just dont post on the forums......or..... something :rolleyes:

It's the 1st December here, and no advent mission, but I will wait in hope until the 24th :laughing::lol:

I'm having some creative thoughts on this one!

email sent- 10/19/10

name received- 10/31...I am on track on this one! :lol:

mission sent- 11/7 I hope the creativity is enjoyed :laughing:

mission received-

:rolleyes: Still nothing in my mailbox, I guess our countdown will start a little late....that means we get to open more than one present on our first day! :lol: I mailed our box on the 9th, my delivery confirmation shows that it was delivered on the 17th....perhaps we need a reminder to post when we receive our packages??? :laughing: .....or they didn't like my creativity? :rolleyes:

email sent- 10/19/10

name received- 10/30/10

mission sent-11/17/10, delivery conf said it was delivered on th 20th

mission received-not yet, as of 12/1/10

Well it seems like several of us are in the same boad. No package for me either and my receiptant has never posted in the forum. My delivery confirmation said that my package was delivered to them on Nov. 20th. Happy Holidays to all.

so many missions not yet arrived.... and so few postings. Might be time for a nudge.

Way down here in New Zealand, I was surprised by my mission arriving on time! Thanks for the lovely chocolate crisp, shaped as a gingerbread man on day one....

Dec 2nd here now.... so off to find gift # 2.

Photos are taken and will be uploaded - but the progress photos might be missing edilble items (hee, hee, I'm enjoying this)

Just wish my sent mission arrived on time!

i don`t have my mission jet it did`t arrived jet but i see that my mission that i send is`t arrived jet to :laughing:

i don`t know who has me but people pleazzzzzzzzzzzz don`t worry that i`m dissapoint or so cause i`m sure NOT..........

you all can`t help it that mail don`t dliver on time even when you send it on time so we only have to wait a couple dayzzzzzzz more.....

i`m sure do know what you all mean as my mission did`t come on time by the reciever but i only can hope that it will arrive safe on day and till that time come`zzzzzzzz............

PEOPLE WHO HAS THERE MISSION HAVE FUN ENJOY IT BE THAT LITTLE KID WHAT IS IN YOU AND HAVE LOTZZZZZZZZZZZZZ OF FUN :laughing::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happy December 1st!

5223880736_dec2f60226.jpg

Not sure how we are supposed to share our Advent Missions (one post per day? all at once?), but hopefully this is what the mission organizer had in mind.

I will keep my fingers crossed that everyone who sends a mission receives one shortly, or by the 24th, as Cheesy Pigs so smartly observed!

I'm not in the mission, but I think it would be a great Christmas Spirit Boost to see each days gifts getting posted!! Thank you for sharing.

I am enjoying this too. IWhen it was time to prepare for this mission, I was struggling with the advent gifts for ourselves, so didn't join in with the mission as I was out of ideas & time. We have a wooden house for each child with drawers that get filled with one sweet for each day (have to find ones to fit in the tiny drawers, and that can get a bit boring.) You have given me an idea that on some days they might find a written clue to where a bigger parcel is hidden for them. Hopefully next year I can get organised in time to join in with the mission too!

Please keep posting the pics!

If you are still waiting on things to get posted out, how about if you post half today and the rest when the late arrival items get to you?

i don`t have my mission jet it did`t arrived jet but i see that my mission that i send is`t arrived jet to :D

i don`t know who has me but people pleazzzzzzzzzzzz don`t worry that i`m dissapoint or so cause i`m sure NOT..........

you all can`t help it that mail don`t dliver on time even when you send it on time so we only have to wait a couple dayzzzzzzz more.....

i`m sure do know what you all mean as my mission did`t come on time by the reciever but i only can hope that it will arrive safe on day and till that time come`zzzzzzzz............

PEOPLE WHO HAS THERE MISSION HAVE FUN ENJOY IT BE THAT LITTLE KID WHAT IS IN YOU AND HAVE LOTZZZZZZZZZZZZZ OF FUN :laughing::laughing::anibad:

i gotta ask, why all the ZZZZZZZZ in your posts. i have wondered that for a LONG time! just a curious girl i am. :D

lara

I don't know if this is completely true, but hasn't everyone so far given to the same person they received from? So maybe those of you who haven't received your mission could contact your person through their geocaching profile and ask gently if they have received a package from you and also if they sent a package to you and when because you are worried about the packages.

I am sure Mike would be doing this, but the last month has been a very rough health month for him.

I received my package safe and sound last week. It prompted me to decorate for christmas this year even though I won't be home. Sorry for not posting anything sooner, I didn't know I was supposed to.

I've already opened the first 2 gifts, love the coin and the candy is delicious. Just finishing a piece now :anitongue:

thanks again to River Cacher for hosting and Fossillady for thinking of me

Warm fuzzies to everyone!

i gotta ask, why all the ZZZZZZZZ in your posts. i have wondered that for a LONG time! just a curious girl i am. ;)

lara

Yezzzzz, RedShoezzzzGirl izzzz one of the most curiouzzzz people in theezzz forumzzzzzzz!!

LOL! ah robert, you have me all figured out.

hihihihihihihihihi aren`t we all curiouzzzzzzzzzzz :anitongue:

why ???

i don`t know think it`s cause i`m dislectisch and wright thingzzzzzz like i say it so when i started to do graffity`zzzzzzzzz when i was 14 it become my style and i never did let it go.........

hihihihihihihihihi aren`t we all curiouzzzzzzzzzzz :anitongue:

why ???

i don`t know think it`s cause i`m dislectisch and wright thingzzzzzz like i say it so when i started to do graffity`zzzzzzzzz when i was 14 it become my style and i never did let it go.........

well, it's cute and thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

rsg

We would really like to post what we opened yesterday and today...but still no package (today's mail already came) :anitongue:

We also have not received word that the package that we sent was received. It is frustrating my daughter to no end...she keeps asking if the person that we sent to likes her presents and when she will be receiving hers. My older one, unfortunately, has been disappointed on other missions arriving late or not at all, so she has not said anything and has been patient. I am sure that it will get here soon...but it is hard to explain to an impatient 8-year-old.

We would really like to post what we opened yesterday and today...but still no package (today's mail already came) :anitongue:

We also have not received word that the package that we sent was received. It is frustrating my daughter to no end...she keeps asking if the person that we sent to likes her presents and when she will be receiving hers. My older one, unfortunately, has been disappointed on other missions arriving late or not at all, so she has not said anything and has been patient. I am sure that it will get here soon...but it is hard to explain to an impatient 8-year-old.

No word on ours being received and still no package for us either. I think I am as disapointed as your daughter. I put a bit of work into this mission with the thought that it would bring a smile or laugh to my recipient....it would be nice to know if it worked.

No word on ours being received and still no package for us either. I think I am as disapointed as your daughter. I put a bit of work into this mission with the thought that it would bring a smile or laugh to my recipient....it would be nice to know if it worked.

Did both of you let River Cacher know?

I did this morning.

No...I was under the impression that, as the organizer of this mission, that he was following this thread (or, if he could not, then he made arrangements with someone else to do it for him). I will send an email since day 3 has come and gone with no package.

No...I was under the impression that, as the organizer of this mission, that he was following this thread (or, if he could not, then he made arrangements with someone else to do it for him). I will send an email since day 3 has come and gone with no package.

sorry if I sound testy...but my daughter was one of the folks that received ziplok bags and a coin for her Christmas mission last year...it is just frustrating when expectations are high...plus I feel like a HUGE whiner (which I hate) when I have to ask about this stuff.

sorry if I sound testy...but my daughter was one of the folks that received ziplok bags and a coin for her Christmas mission last year...it is just frustrating when expectations are high...plus I feel like a HUGE whiner (which I hate) when I have to ask about this stuff.

I do not think you sound like a whiner!

River Cacher hasn't been online very much. He has been trying to follow this thread and do follow-up but has some major issues right now.

I don't like sounding testy or whiney either but a really big part of these missions for me is knowing that my recipient enjoyed what I sent. There are currently 3 missions going on, we have sent 5 missions, received one and heard that 2 have made it to their destinations, one is being waited to open I really don't know about the other....maybe they didn't like it??

Maybe we should have a pinned thread about mission etiquette???

Day THREE a micro cache container. It is smaller in diameter than the ones I am accustomed to. Very cool.

49d4715e-003a-4eb6-801a-437a3680d85e.jpg

I opened early today because it has been a disgusting day. Actually the day itself is beautiful, but the roads to my house are icky. UPS has made it through, but there is no other traffic because it is so slick with slush. Ten inches of snow melting, no plowing on the local roads. The main roads are clear and beautiful. I have a visitor dog who wants and needs lots of exercise and is hassling me about it! 109 pounds of unexercised dog is a whole lot of sighing!!

76990_1667336934112_1557972020_1596045_7056921_n.jpg

Edited by Toojin

I know that Mike has been sick, so I doubt he has been following this thread. However, I don't think he should have to play hall monitor and make sure everyone follows the rules. We know what is expected of us when we sign up for a mission. I try to teach my son that Christmas isn't about presents & that if we get something then we get our mission. We have gotten my winter mission & my Christmas card mission & have really enjoyed them. If that's what we get then that's what we got. Merry Christmas to everyone! ;):anitongue:

I know that Mike has been sick, so I doubt he has been following this thread. However, I don't think he should have to play hall monitor and make sure everyone follows the rules. We know what is expected of us when we sign up for a mission. I try to teach my son that Christmas isn't about presents & that if we get something then we get our mission. We have gotten my winter mission & my Christmas card mission & have really enjoyed them. If that's what we get then that's what we got. Merry Christmas to everyone! ;):anitongue:

You are right. No one should have to play hall monitor. But reality is that it is necessary because grown ups don't always behave responsibly and kids are often the victims. The little dragons have had several problem receiving missions and that just shouldn't happen.

Mike has looked at the thread and is trying to keep up. See post #102 on the 30th.

:anitongue: Here is my first picture of the advent misssion ;)

On the first place there was chocolate and a very cool snowman....I loved him! !

fde6043d-6e13-40cd-83ad-c6e083eccb5b.jpg

Day 1 : English gecoin that I had never seen before. I decript de code ;-)

Day 2 : Bracelet

Day 3 : a nacro cache. Looks great and I will make my own cache in 2011

It is not easy to wait for the next day.

I loved the packages Toojin :D

Well it seems my package has been sitting at the post office since Nov. 20th, they swear they put a note in my P.O. Box but since I was waiting I have been very careful about going thru the just mail before I dumped it. All is well and I got to open three present all at once, a new cache container (looks like a cupcake), chocolate and hazelnut wafers (already half gone) and pencils that are 13 years old, how cool. Pictures will follow. Thanks, nessker for the cool gifts. Happy Holidays to all.

On the fourth day of December my caching buddy gave to me.....

a box of peppermint candy pops (without the stick!)

Again something not found in New Zealand....

Oh, and for those in snow, today I tied tasted my first raspberry of the season - an ebony one, that I beat the birds to....

On goes the bird netting today. (that is, when it cools off enough to go outside again) Sunscreen applied.

Day THREE a micro cache container. It is smaller in diameter than the ones I am accustomed to. Very cool.

49d4715e-003a-4eb6-801a-437a3680d85e.jpg

I opened early today because it has been a disgusting day. Actually the day itself is beautiful, but the roads to my house are icky. UPS has made it through, but there is no other traffic because it is so slick with slush. Ten inches of snow melting, no plowing on the local roads. The main roads are clear and beautiful. I have a visitor dog who wants and needs lots of exercise and is hassling me about it! 109 pounds of unexercised dog is a whole lot of sighing!!

76990_1667336934112_1557972020_1596045_7056921_n.jpg

Too bad they don't make a hampster wheel that big.

On the fourth day of December my caching buddy gave to me.....

a box of peppermint candy pops (without the stick!)

Again something not found in New Zealand....

Oh, and for those in snow, today I tied tasted my first raspberry of the season - an ebony one, that I beat the birds to....

On goes the bird netting today. (that is, when it cools off enough to go outside again) Sunscreen applied.

i am going to move to new zealand for half the year.

Too bad they don't make a hamster wheel that big.

By gosh, that would be excellent. My sister's dog uses the tread mill on icky days, but Osa is too long for a tread mill.

And I promise to quit hijacking!! :)

For the moment no problem in hijacking with funny pictures.

For the on topic information we do not have much. We nearly all, are waiting.

Either for confirmation of receipt or incoming missions. ;)