Advent Christmas Mission

River Cacher

I have decided to take a shot at hosting a Advent Christmas mission.

This will cost a bit more then your normal missions so you will need to be ready for this if you decide to join.

A few years back i joined in the regular Christmas mission and received a Advent Christmas package from the Chur family and me and the kids enjoyed it so much we have decided to take this on so other can have a special Christmas like we did.

HISTORY!

An Advent calendar is a special calendar which is used to count or celebrate the days of Advent in anticipation of Christmas. Some calendars are strictly religious, whereas others are secular in content.

Today, most advent calendars are made for children. Many take the form of a large rectangular card with many "windows", one of which is opened every day during Advent. In less elaborate calendars, each window opens to reveal an image, a poem, or part of a story such as the Nativity story itself. More elaborate Advent calendars have a small gift concealed in each window, such as a toy or a chocolate item.

The origins of the Advent calendar come from German Lutherans who, at least as early as the beginning of the 19th century, would count down the 24 days of Advent physically. Often this meant simply drawing a chalk line on the door each day, beginning on December 1. Some families had more elaborate means of marking the days, such as lighting a new candle (perhaps the genesis of today's Advent wreath) or hanging a little religious picture on the wall each day.

95841cca-b96f-4c61-ae83-47c0741798f5.jpg

This mission will include the following.

25 presents.

5 Geocoins. ( 3 Must be trackable at www.geocaching.com )

20 other presents like Candy, Caches, GPS, Sig items and etc.

Please number your gifts #1 to #25 ( Multiple #25 will make the day more special if you wish to do so)

Deadlines for sign up are 10-29-10

Shipping by 11-15-10

Please send the following information via my profile.

Cache Name:

Out of Country shipping: Yes or No, These missions will be sent out asap

Address:

Email address:

Please remember you are liable to make sure the other person gets there mission and if it does not show up you will be required to send another asap.

Insurance is a GREAT idea on these packages.

Anyone who has a issue with not completing a mission in the past will not be allowed to join.

Merry Christmas to all from the River Family!!!!

Edited by Eartha

Decided I couldn't pass up this mission!!! However so that I can send out a great box of advent goodies I am going to split what I receive with my son Indiana Anthony (age 7), and the geobaby( no caching name yet!!) who will turn 1 Dec 21st. :yikes: Let the fun begin!

Email Sent: Oct 20th

Name Received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

I would like to share this mission with my children.

Jetske loves horses and cats and Lars likes Baseball (which is not a common sport in the Netherlands) My husband is an avid rower. At the moment he is in Boston for a rowing regatta!

I hope the other participants will also give some details about their family so we can something special for everybody.

I would like to share this mission with my children.

Jetske loves horses and cats and Lars likes Baseball (which is not a common sport in the Netherlands) My husband is an avid rower. At the moment he is in Boston for a rowing regatta!

I hope the other participants will also give some details about their family so we can something special for everybody.

Boston ??? World Rowing champs are in New Zealand next week!

Happy anticipation all! Advent = Anticipation of coming event!

What fun - trying to source 25 tiny gifts! (Went to the Antartica Centre yesterday, so got some penguins!)

Just a few days left for sign up.

Suggestions have been helping out on who gets who on the missions.

I am signing up my 3 River kids, River Boarder 22 years and i know of 2 other young ones signed up as well.

I cant wait to get the shopping started!!!!

This is going to add so much fun to our Christmas :?)

What an absolutely fabulous idea :lol::lol::D

Please count me in - I don't know whether I am more excited about sending one or receiving one and yes you guessed it, the calender is for me, an over excited 47 year old B):sad:

Off to send my e-mail - CONFIRMED - my e-mail has now been sent :(:santa::)

Email Sent: Oct 26th

Name Received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Edited by The McKnifficent 6

My browser messed up, but I got a copy of the e-mail I sent, so I'm assuming it was sent out ok...

Email Sent: Oct 26th 2010

Name Received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Yes i got your info.

I have sent conformation emails to all i have got.

If you have not got one from me Please email me.

Thanks Mike / River Cacher

brutal of me but i can`t wait till sign day is there so i can do my last shopping for my person :D:D:D

Spray painting today - Christmas red....

oh, oh, ho, ho..... I can't wait - when is it midnight in River Cacher country?

Tiny items can be so gender specific, so I want to know..... who I'm sending to....

Oh, patience is hard - bedtime soon, then a whole busy Sunday (including caching) so I have to be Patient!