Help ID this swag I found!

EFLFT

I've made it a sort of mini-project of mine to research the various little trinkets and toys I get in geocaches so I can learn more about their history and origin .. it has turned out to be quite interesting (For example, I'd never heard of Kinder Eggs till I randomly picked up a toy and found out that it was from one!)!

Currently, I'm trying to identify a plastic toy Knight figure I picked up. You can see the photos and details here: http://www.cachechick.com/2010/10/mystery-knight/

If you have any leads, leave me a comment on my blog ... I'll reward whomever correctly identifies the item with one of my new signature swag ribbon bookmarks! :rolleyes:

I've made it a sort of mini-project of mine to research the various little trinkets and toys I get in geocaches so I can learn more about their history and origin .. it has turned out to be quite interesting (For example, I'd never heard of Kinder Eggs till I randomly picked up a toy and found out that it was from one!)!

Currently, I'm trying to identify a plastic toy Knight figure I picked up. You can see the photos and details here: http://www.cachechick.com/2010/10/mystery-knight/

If you have any leads, leave me a comment on my blog ... I'll reward whomever correctly identifies the item with one of my new signature swag ribbon bookmarks! :rolleyes:

Kinder eggs are huge in Europe. I traveled around Europe several years in a row when I was in college (mid 90's) and loved the eggs. I still do. Now, you can get them in the states. I still have hundreds of the toys from them. The chocolate is good, too.

Kinder eggs are huge in Europe. I traveled around Europe several years in a row when I was in college (mid 90's) and loved the eggs. I still do. Now, you can get them in the states. I still have hundreds of the toys from them. The chocolate is good, too.

One of the things I learned in my research of the toy I got as swag ... is that Kinder Eggs are banned in the U.S. per an FDA old-school law about not having any non-food item in a food item unless it serves a functional purpose (such as a stick in a lollipop). That explained why I'd never heard of them. They are on my wish list for the next goodie box we get from my inlaws in Europe, though!! :rolleyes:

One of the things I learned in my research of the toy I got as swag ... is that Kinder Eggs are banned in the U.S. per an FDA old-school law about not having any non-food item in a food item unless it serves a functional purpose (such as a stick in a lollipop).

there's only one word i can use to comment on that: looooool.

One of the things I learned in my research of the toy I got as swag ... is that Kinder Eggs are banned in the U.S. per an FDA old-school law about not having any non-food item in a food item unless it serves a functional purpose (such as a stick in a lollipop). That explained why I'd never heard of them. They are on my wish list for the next goodie box we get from my inlaws in Europe, though!! :huh:

LMAO what a joke FDA is :rolleyes:

anyways, you can get them in Canada any time you wish :)

One of the things I learned in my research of the toy I got as swag ... is that Kinder Eggs are banned in the U.S. per an FDA old-school law about not having any non-food item in a food item unless it serves a functional purpose (such as a stick in a lollipop).

http://www.canada.com/life/Kinder+Surprise...3187/story.html

All. The. Better. Reason. To. Visit. Seattle. Next. Summer. And. Sneak. Over. To. Canada.

All. The. Better. Reason. To. Visit. Seattle. Next. Summer. And. Sneak. Over. To. Canada.

yep. the chocolate is really good! and the toys are fun to assemble and great to leave in caches :)

those 6-packs are really handy too :rolleyes:

Edited by dfx

I had never heard of Kinder eggs either, until this one appeared near my home.

GC1YR9P I got FTF by the way.

I don't know how they get around the FDA rules, but there is a rather large European Import grocery store in Houston, TX that has a large selection of candy and chocolates. I saw some kinder eggs there the last time I was there... maybe last March or so. Could have just been for Easter, but still... I was surprised to see them because I knew about the restriction.

wut? :rolleyes:

Those Kinder Eggs remind me of the old time crackerjack toys. You know, before big brother banned them.

When I gave my wife her diamond I gave it to her in a box of crackerjacks. I used a razor blade to slit the glue joints. I even slit the seam on the prize pouch. She couldn't tell I had tampered with it once I had it all glued back together. It was a great Christmas. She got the diamond she was sure I couldn't possibly get out of hock for another six months and I got a brand new package of long johns. :rolleyes:

I tried googling the numbers. Nothing.

The numbers correspond to the letters B.E.W.A.R.E

If you don't write in a letter to Queen Liz II, beseeching her to knight Wayne Rooney then this little thing will sneak up on you in the night and give you a bad manicure.

See if I'm lying! :rolleyes:

Yep, KayakJim decoded that one for me in the comments (I, too, had googled the number with no luck .. I was thinking it was like a code to enter online, not an encryption!) ... but so far that hasn't helped me find out anything more about the little knight. lol

A couple of my readers found a similar knight in a Matchbox set, but it isn't exactly the same (the axe moves by pushing down on the head, instead of a button on the side, and there is no encryption on it). My guess is that it's part of something like that, but I'd like to know what!!

The reward is still up for grabs .. someone somewhere must have seen this little guy before!!!! lol

That hotweels set has that style peg holes on the main framework as well... Not sure about whether that is the source though... Wonder if there was a Harry Potter variant play station... wasn't the original house password

(movie) 'caveat draconis' beware of the dragon?

Doug 7rxc

Knight.jpg

It's from a hotwheels haunted house folding toy. My son used to have one. Wonder who put it in for sawg?

It's not the same as the matchbox toy previously listed. Of course... This one doesn't have the numbers. blast it.

Some of the pictures actually looked like they might have the numbers on them .. it was fuzzy, but otherwise this one looks identical, so I'm gonna give it to you anyway. I'm calling this one solved!

I sent you an email about getting your prize to you! :yikes: I also updated my blog post giving you credit for the find! :huh:

Note: if anyone else finds out we were wrong and there is a different one with the numbers on it, please let me know .. and I'll give you a prize, too! :laughing:

Edited by CacheChick.com