guided stoops in derbyshire

we are slowly doing the guided stoops series that cats eye have set up, we did one yesterday and i went to check this morning and after i logged our find yesterday it has been collected so checked on some we have already done in are and they where also been collected.

just woundering if anyone knew why?

i hope cats eyes are ok and if they want someone to take over a few i don't mind as i travel past a few every week.

If you want to adopt any then send the CO an email, offering your services, not quite sure why you are posting your message here when it is aimed at them.

I know they take ownership seriously, until a few days ago they had 152 (ish) caches all bar two active, these go back nearly 4 years, which is a credit to them for placing the caches in sensible locations and looking after them. We DNFed one of their caches a while back, within a day or two they had visited it found the cache and put it back where it should have been, then dropped us an email advising it was back.

We have done most of them and while I can not put words in the CO's mouth, I would offer a few comments:

Many of the Guide Stoop series are close to stone walls, I know they have never hidden a cache in a wall but some cachers come along see a wall and trash it assuming the cache is in it.

The increase in maintenance these days due to caches being chucked on the ground without any attempt to rehide them.

Lids not being put back on containers properly.

The increase of the TFTC type log online.

The also adopted a series from Piratemania a couple of years back, some of the caches contained clues to the final, they have had to keep going out and replacing the clues as cachers take them with them.

While cache owning is a responsibility I would guess with 150 having to be looked after and the increase in caching, maintenance must be taking over, maybe the pleasures of owning caches is deminishing when you have to keep going out to replace a soggy log book because the last person could not be bothered to put the lid on and the next half dozen visitors just moan about the wet log rather than popping a new one inside.

Moan/obeservations over, now must get back to work.

Sadly they are pulling a lot of their caches due to an ongoing problem with certain other cachers, not naming names here but I think a lot of you will know who I mean? Their caches are constantly being saboutaged by these individuals, one of their Skeg to Ness series has even been superglued together so that cachers can't get in to it. Very sad as they are lovely people who put a lot of time, effort, thought and money in to their cache placements and I, for one, enjoy doing theirs.

Sadly they are pulling a lot of their caches due to an ongoing problem with certain other cachers, not naming names here but I think a lot of you will know who I mean? Their caches are constantly being saboutaged by these individuals, one of their Skeg to Ness series has even been superglued together so that cachers can't get in to it. Very sad as they are lovely people who put a lot of time, effort, thought and money in to their cache placements and I, for one, enjoy doing theirs.

Hear Hear.... I have always enjoyed Cats Eyes caches, and agree that they really do take ownership seriously - I'm really sorry to hear they've been having problems :angry:

No idea about who that might be, but they clearly have serious issues if they get pleasure from annoying people who are simply out caching. If they really have problems with cats-eyes, why don't they contact cats-eyes rather than trying to punish us? The Guide Stoops series is first-class and it would be a shame for us to lose it thanks to some nutter. Hats off to cats-eyes for their mighty contribution to the game.

No idea about who that might be, but they clearly have serious issues if they get pleasure from annoying people who are simply out caching. If they really have problems with cats-eyes, why don't they contact cats-eyes rather than trying to punish us? The Guide Stoops series is first-class and it would be a shame for us to lose it thanks to some nutter. Hats off to cats-eyes for their mighty contribution to the game.

Having known Cats-Eyes a long time, I can second what has been said about the time and effort they put in maintaining their caches. As cache owners, they certainly take their responsibilities seriously.

As for the 'certain other cachers' , does that mean that g**** are now active in this area as well?

Sadly they are pulling a lot of their caches due to an ongoing problem with certain other cachers, not naming names here but I think a lot of you will know who I mean? ......

How would we know who you mean. You seem to have a lot of "proof" about a number of issues, that seem to be formed from nothing but vapour....

edited to add, very sorry to hear about the cache trashing.

Edited by Santa_Claws

Cats-eyes have posted elsewhere stating they suspect just one cacher, furthermore they have wisely not released to anyone the name of who they suspect it is - and won't until they catch the person in the act.

Although your post is overall factual your comment "not naming names here but I think a lot of you will know who I mean?" is clearly an attempt stir rumours and suspicion in another direction especially when you don't know who the suspect is.

Thanks for the support, we are sorry and saddened we have had to archive some of our caches, this is due to mindless vandalism by one certain cacher. Won't give names until he's been caught red handed.

Not all the caches were trashed but we felt they were vulnerable.

One name has been thrown in but he is NOT suspect. Sorry if this has caused you any grief, you know who you are.

all the best jinny & dave

Thanks for the support, we are sorry and saddened we have had to archive some of our caches, this is due to mindless vandalism by one certain cacher. Won't give names until he's been caught red handed.

Not all the caches were trashed but we felt they were vulnerable.

One name has been thrown in but he is NOT suspect. Sorry if this has caused you any grief, you know who you are.

all the best jinny & dave

I do hope it all works out in the end, especially since you are the cachers who top my "Finds by Owner" list. I have had many enjoyable expeditions finding your hides, all in interesting places and well maintained. I am very saddened indeed to see some of the guide stoops go I had hoped to find them all eventually!