Lost info coming from GPSr to EasyGPS

kazyn

When I import .GPX files the caches listed come with all kinds of nice information, including "click to log" and hints and logs and all kinds of stuff. I move them all over to the GPSr to do some caching and come back to receive my found caches (on the GPSr you can click "Found" and it will change the icon to an open sign, which is handy for semi-paperless geocaching) but they no longer have all that nice information.

Is there a way to keep that info from being stripped or is the GPSr simply not capable to keep all that metadata for each cache?

When I import .GPX files the caches listed come with all kinds of nice information, including "click to log" and hints and logs and all kinds of stuff. I move them all over to the GPSr to do some caching and come back to receive my found caches (on the GPSr you can click "Found" and it will change the icon to an open sign, which is handy for semi-paperless geocaching) but they no longer have all that nice information.

Is there a way to keep that info from being stripped or is the GPSr simply not capable to keep all that metadata for each cache?

If you are using EasyGPS I believe that uses only LOC files rather than GPX and that's why the extra info isn't displayed.

I don't mind it not showing on the GPSr itself, I was just trying to figure out a way to keep the info with the waypoints as they move to and from EasyGPS and my GPSr.

It's not really that big of a deal. It's just somewhat difficult to manually type in each cache ID into either geocaching.com's search engine or coord.info/GCnumber

I guess I should be less lazy and just deal with it B)

Thanks for your answers.

If you are using EasyGPS I believe that uses only LOC files rather than GPX and that's why the extra info isn't displayed.

Not correct, I'm not familiar with the gps the OP has but with my 76CSx I can send the name rather then the GC number and the hint using EasyGPS, but it has to be setup to do that.