Recommend a Cache Warwickshire

Charell

I am heading 'home' for a 10 day vacation in the warwickshire area in November. (Have lived in Canada for the past 18 years) I have been caching for over 2 years and am about to reach my 500 milestone. Would like to hear of any recommendations of caches in the area. Based in the Leamington Warwick area but am willing to travel for that special cache.

I am not local to Warwickshire, so probably not the best person to ask, but would recommend the "Wherefore art thou Wherigo" (GC25GJE) if you have not done a Wherigo cache and have the correct equipment. This takes you for a very pleasant walk through Stratford-upon-Avon.

Yeah it's OK! :angry:

I see you haven't done any WebCam caches yet Charell.

I'd recommend the excellent Warwick Union Cam GCH2H3

If you need anyone to grab the photo for you give us a shout!

Mark

I am planning a trip and top of my to do list is this

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...8-ba6ca75d13a4#

We did that one the other week, and it is definitely worth a visit (if you can time it right) – although it’s in Wiltshire not Warwickshire!

If you’re travelling that far though you might as well keep going to Dorset as Tyneham Village is similar to Imber, but more interesting to visit, IMO. And it also has a virtual cache.

That photo on the Warwick Uni webcam cache page sure took me back, I was a student there from ’86 to ’89 – ah, happy days!

Back to the OP’s question, I haven’t done many caches in Warks as I don’t live up in that neck of the woods any more, and the nice multi we did on Abbey Fields in Kenilworth seems now to have gone. So I’m not a whole lot of help!

But as a Canadian expat, you might enjoy this one that I’ve had on my watchlist for a while (I can’t help but be drawn to it, I’m a huuuge ice hockey fan and Vancouver are my team :angry:) : http://coord.info/GCPQP9

I hope you enjoy your visit :(

Hi, I'd do GC6451 Crack'in up with tree coverage, just because its an old un. Its also close to Kenilworth castle which also has a few caches around it and is worth a visit, although a ruin its not disneyfied like Warwick castle.

Me.

Stratford/Warwick area.

I'd recommend.

Caches by:

CSI Wellesbourne.

Stag Ramblers

JimJinks

BeckSmart - nice RSC series

Feathers McGraw

Swan-of-Avon - Stratford Canal to Wilmcote

Gringuito y Vero

Team Caracache -\Have a couple of feindish Puzzle/Multi's around

Wrighty

bigbatch -has a circular walk -which can include LQ:Warwickshire if you're doing the Little Quest series...

Orphan's Mum & Dad -have a few around Warwick

... and someone called Delta68 has a few nice-ish caches around. :angry:

If you want my recommendation, of the ones I've done, check out LQ Warwickshire for the bookmark.

I am planning a trip and top of my to do list is this

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...8-ba6ca75d13a4#

Erm... It's a great cache (we did it last year) but:

• it's not in Warwickshire
  • it's not accessible in November

Mark

Oh dear, I knew it was in Wiltshire, just misread the ops request. Serves me right for scan reading, as I was so busy planning a trip to Warminister then saw this and got carried away.

Maybe I will now have to plan one to Warwickshire as well.

Oh dear, I knew it was in Wiltshire, just misread the ops request. Serves me right for scan reading, as I was so busy planning a trip to Warminister then saw this and got carried away.

Maybe I will now have to plan one to Warwickshire as well.

Well I know it was accidental/off topic, but I was not aware of that "Ghost Village" cache; it's now on my watchlist! So I'm happy that you had trouble reading.. :rolleyes: