Looking for a cache to celebrate 1000 caches

The QCs

We started caching 7 months ago and next month we will hit our 1000th cache. We would like to find a very memorable cache to celebrate our milestone.

Can you recommend a memorable cache (or even a series) for us?

We would prefer it to be somewhere in the South e.g Berks, Oxon, Wilts, Hants, Surrey, Bucks, Avon etc

We have two kids with us so a cache that is family friendly would be excellent. It doesn't need to be buggy friendly though as Little QC has a backpack to sit in.

Many thanks for any ideas!

We started caching 7 months ago and next month we will hit our 1000th cache. We would like to find a very memorable cache to celebrate our milestone.

We would prefer it to be somewhere in the South e.g Berks, Oxon, Wilts, Hants, Surrey, Bucks, Avon etc

We have two kids with us so a cache that is family friendly would be excellent. It doesn't need to be buggy friendly though as Little QC has a backpack to sit in.

Your Mission ...

Yes I would second "Your Mission" but if we are both thinking of the same one bear in mind that you will be unlikely to complete it in a day or a single visit.

Dr Solly will shorten most folks times of course, with the intelligence and rescources he always have to hand.

Would be good to see another name on the accomplishment. Go for it. B)

In my local area (Bath), the caches by this owner are all excellent - themed caches with multiple stages, clever containers, etc.

I just finished GC2D2MH which was the most challenging; you could do it with children but a couple of the stages they would need to watch an adult do them. Probably my favourite and best as a family would be GC21QJZ; closely followed by GC20FKE. These have a good theme which children will enjoy, and are child friendly.

In my local area (Bath), the caches by this owner are all excellent - themed caches with multiple stages, clever containers, etc.

I just finished GC2D2MH which was the most challenging; you could do it with children but a couple of the stages they would need to watch an adult do them. Probably my favourite and best as a family would be GC21QJZ; closely followed by GC20FKE. These have a good theme which children will enjoy, and are child friendly.

watching with interest as we also have a milestone coming up and don't want to waste it on a run of the mill cache.

and Ms QC, you already know which ones are my favourites in the area, trouble is you have already done most of them :angry:

Not a cache recommendation but a passing thought - have you considered doing your 1000th as a "communal hunt" and having an event to celebrate it?

We've been to 3 such milestone events and they were good fun (Yes, even the one in heavy wind and rain on a Cornish headland in July.) :angry:

You can't have an event just to do a cache hunt, but you can organise an event for either before or after the milestone cache and invite your fellow cachers to join you on your seach if they so wish. Those that aren't interested can simply attend the event.

Just an idea. :(

MrsB

I do know how to search, but I wasn't sure if the cache was called 'The Mission' or went by another name or just contained the word 'Mission'..of which there are 1065 search results.

Thanks though for the link. I'm intrigued and will hand it over to Daddy QC to ponder!

The ones around Bath look very very good too! Decisions, decisions!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

GC code please!

Sounds interesting! Would the kids be ok with it?

:ph34r::angry::lol::D:):D:unsure::D:( <- added by the 5 year old

There are only 8 in the world called your mission, so it did not take long to get the number :P Try GCKZ29 It does look good, now when can I accidently drive past it :D

Yes that was the cache.

It will involve a lot of driving.

Its no more hazarous for kids than many other caches.

Biggest thing to cope with is if they can't handle gaps between your progress.

I issued a challenge to asfastasfcuk to divert him from number grabbing but I think he is a bit shy. Or is it a shyster?

Also if you want it as an absolute milestone you may have to start soonest and juggle your finds. :D

<vested_interest>

You must let us know what you choose :angry:

</vested_interest>

Down towards the Southwest, as a family we have particularly enjoyed Off-piste and in the dark, a fantastic couple of hours which has led us onto many further exciting underground adventures.

One of our all-time (so far) favourite caches has been Exon Quest. However, you really need to be staying locally for at least a couple of days, and you might want to wait until Little QC is a bit older.

If I really want to guarantee that the whole family finds a cache memorable, I have to somehow find a great trail, with an interesting story, interesting hides, the odd physical challenge, plus of course a well-stocked ammo can at the end. Quite hard constraints, which is sometimes why I spend more time researching than I do finding, and why I always read threads like this one :(