Bad customer service.

TerraViators

I haven't either and have had plenty of tags made with no issues with customer service. What's the problem?

I subscribed to the geocoin of the month club. I still hadn't received my September coin so I emailed info@geocoinclub.com. Somebody named X (not sure of this person's position in the company) emails me and says the item was shipped and that I need to check with the shipper. I explained that I didn't believe it was the customer's responsibility to ensure shipment of a purchased item from them.

They replied that it is not their responsibility, either, and why should they be responsible. So basically, they are saying it's my problem. I replied that this attitude is the worst customer service I've ever experienced and to cancel my account. I asked to speak to the person's superior and haven't heard back, yet.

Also, a friend of mine has waited 8 months for his pathtag. They told him they never received his design or payment. He forwarded the emails and the paypal transaction. They then tell him they must have lost the order. They didn't even offer to give him the purchase at no charge.

I did receive emails from 2 people who said they have had similar problems but didn't want to share it in a public forum.

Heard of one person with a tag issue......turns out they had been sending their design to the wrong place over and over. Meanwhile they were sending their testy emails to the wrong address. Once they mentioned the problem in the pathtag forums the right person saw it and got things on track.

The guys at pathtags.com and Geocoinclub have always been quick to look into issues if they are aware of them.

I have had over 80 tags made for myself and many more for other people. I have made coins with them for the military and have designed a couple that they sold in the store. I have NEVER had a problem that they weren't more than happy to rectify.

You said you DIDN'T get the September coin from them? But it's on your profile page and you activated it on the 15th of October.

TerraViators' Cacher Prospect

Edited by TeamLareau

I haven't either and have had plenty of tags made with no issues with customer service. What's the problem?

I subscribed to the geocoin of the month club. I still hadn't received my September coin so I emailed info@geocoinclub.com.

very interesting... it seems this coin you mention is in your possession and was activated Friday, taken to a cache yesterday and you start a thread complaining about it yesterday as well... please explain?!

Credit where credit is due, the folks at pathtags.com have to be some of the most reliable and patient dealers in the business.

I have had a number of pathtags made, and also made numerous purchases from their website, only once did I have a hiccup (which was largely down to me) and it was sorted cheerfully and immediately.

I'd be willing to wager there' a simple explanation for this mix up you find yourself in.

Have any of you ever had a bad customer experience with pathtags.com or geocoinclub.com?

I've ordered 24 pathtags for myself, and 10 tags for others, all delivered on time and without any problems at all. I was a member of the Geocoin Club for several years and no problem whatsoever.

From the looks of the comments that have been posted here, it looks like your original post has led to resounding support for Pathtags.com and the Geocoin Club.

My September Geocoin was MIA as well, so I e-mailed then about it and quickly received a response. Using the tracking number they were able to see that the coin was stuck someplace, so after a quick call to USPS armed with the tracking number the coin was back on the move and delivered a couple days later.

Geocoinclub has always been great with responding to the few little issues I've had with coins in the past year. Always making things right. They've been a pleasure to work with. B)

I have had over 80 tags made for myself and many more for other people. I have made coins with them for the military and have designed a couple that they sold in the store. I have NEVER had a problem that they weren't more than happy to rectify.

You said you DIDN'T get the September coin from them? But it's on your profile page and you activated it on the 15th of October.

Yes, they sent the coin. My problem was with the attitude and that is my repsonsibility to investigate the shipment.

Yes, they sent the coin. My problem was with the attitude and that is my repsonsibility to investigate the shipment.

If they provided you with the tracking number for your Package, then I think they did there part. Then all you had to do was give USPS a call and tell them that tracking number so they can figure out were your coin is. Geocoinclub ships a lot of coins out every month and I'm sure every now and then USPS looses a couple. Its not Geocoinclubs fault the coin gets lost, but in my experience they've always been willing to work with you (even when its USPS's mistake) to make things right, which is great customer service in my book.