Time capsules!

sushichef

Does that mean that the FTF would have to wait a whole year to be able to open it on it's anniversary of the date placed.

And that only one person would be allowed to find it per year! :blink:

A time capsule is meant to be sealed and not opened until. say 50 years, in the future, so I'm not clear on how you think a time capsule would work as a cache!

Interesting idea -- this might be one of the harder ideas to pull off.

But how about a slightly different idea -- what if you asked cachers to bring swag that represented different years gone by -- I'm sure it would be really easy to find small, inexpensive things at thrift shops or even in their own attics. I just think of the comments that would be left by subsequent cachers as they reminisced about what is now residing in the cache, or trying to guess what year a certain item was produced. Posting pictures of the items as a gallery would in essence be the "time capsule".

Interesting idea -- this might be one of the harder ideas to pull off.

But how about a slightly different idea -- what if you asked cachers to bring swag that represented different years gone by -- I'm sure it would be really easy to find small, inexpensive things at thrift shops or even in their own attics. I just think of the comments that would be left by subsequent cachers as they reminisced about what is now residing in the cache, or trying to guess what year a certain item was produced. Posting pictures of the items as a gallery would in essence be the "time capsule".

Good Idea!!!!

:yikes:

New caching idea!

Maybe it could be like a travel bug (the time capsule) that is an object or book about a certain year.

Maybe if it will be a cache, It could have a rule that you take everything out and insert something about the current year. The swag may have rules about the swag

(like if it was placed as a wedding memory, it may have 4 swag items: old, new, borrowed, blue)

please keep this running!

thanks, sushi