Best Photos taken with a GPS

Self portrait to prove that I made it to the top of Ben Nevis back in July. There was no way I was getting my camera out of my bag in that weather and the Oregon does a fair job of catching just how soggy I felt!

e1eba6c7-d9a3-4892-b0f2-0f96b0af4811.jpg

And apologies as this photo means you will have to scroll accross the thread, but this panorama was created from 3 photos taken with the Oregon. Think it came out pretty well

adf7550c-604e-42b0-abc3-bec5c07ba663.jpg

Edited by *mouse*

I'm really impressed with these. I didn't even consider the 550 (which had just come out) when I bought my Oregon 450 because it seemed like a big jump in price for the addition of a camera which I assumed would be pants. All I found when I researched it were official example pics from garmin, which I didn't trust. But these all look great!

I'm really impressed with these. I didn't even consider the 550 (which had just come out) when I bought my Oregon 450 because it seemed like a big jump in price for the addition of a camera which I assumed would be pants. All I found when I researched it were official example pics from garmin, which I didn't trust. But these all look great!

yep, the camera in the 550 is surprisingly good. i expected it to be cell phone quality, but was surprised to find out that it has real focus and a real shutter. definitely worth the extra money if you care for it.

This is Castle Stalker near Portnacroish on the West coast of Scotland. Famous for the closing scenes of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The flock of geese just happened to by flying by.

5085970420_ea64aa91e6_b.jpg

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Off topic but since Castle Stalker has got a mention -and an excellent picture- I'm going to go pubic; I'm hoping to hold a cache event at the castle next June. The island and house are private but are open from time to time- I've been in touch with the owners and should have confirmed news soon. Back to the photos; really excellent shots for 'umble GPS's! :rolleyes: