Lorca`s winter mission

lorca.nl

This is a winter mission and winter starts only December 21st :angry::grin::grin:

Oh no, oh no. That can't be. Winter starts much earlier! Definitely! :o

Can we say, winter starts, when I have to scratch ice of my windshield?

Pretty please? :o

But why am I whinging? My mission isn't here yet.... :grin::D:D

How about when we have snow on the ground? :unsure: We did have 2 inches during the night of October 30th :anicute: I think we can call that the beginning of winter ;)

This is a winter mission and winter starts only December 21st :angry::grin::grin:

Oh no, oh no. That can't be. Winter starts much earlier! Definitely! ;)

Can we say, winter starts, when I have to scratch ice of my windshield?

Pretty please? :o

But why am I whinging? My mission isn't here yet.... :grin::D:D

How about when we have snow on the ground? :unsure: We did have 2 inches during the night of October 30th :anicute: I think we can call that the beginning of winter ;)

:o ....I'm in Michigan, it is dark by 5pm, there is snow on the ground and it was 24 degrees this morning. I think it is winter! ;)

Email Sent: YES

Name Received: Nov 1

Mission Sent:

Mission Received: YES!!! A package arrived today from MI, but will wait a little longer before opening it - Thank You.

de6a5553-34aa-4551-9acd-86d152758742.jpg

You're not seriously keeping this parcel closed laying around in your living room, are you? :anicute:

How can you ever contain your curiousity? :o:unsure::o

I have trouble with christmas already, I'm definitely NOT waiting to open it later. That's for sure.... :grin:

Flattered by your interest in my parcel :D

I'm definitey not opening it yet ... winter or not, I'm waiting!

It's not in the living room now though, it is in the dining room! :D The reasoning there is that I eat less than I watch telly, therefore won't have to look at it so much, wondering ...

Email Sent: 17 October 2010

Name Received: 1 November 2010

Mission Sent: 15 November 2010

Mission Received:15 November 2010

I opened the box before I looked at the return address because I was expecting something today. And then I thought "Who the heck would send me a camo robe? I mean it's cool but..." And then I looked at the box and saw that it was from drneal and I swear that I squealed, really and I shook out the robe and there was this elegant black bag and I had to open it and oh my gosh!! I have been seeking that SWAGS coin for flippin' ever !! Wowee Wow Wow WOW !!

:angry::grin::grin::grin::D:D

Pictures later, I promise!

Okay here are the promised pictures because clearly I didn't wait to open...

First the (sorry for non-focus) camo robe then the coins!!

de76ee10-370f-4218-9414-3e0f57b54e7f.jpg

5e89b293-4bc9-42c2-a91d-1c57429425ae.jpg

Mine

Email Sent: YES 10-15

Name Received:Yes

Mission Sent:Monday-Post office closed before I could get it mailed :laughing:

Mission Received:Yes :anibad: It was great!!! It's funny cuz we don't have very cold winters here so it is kinda hard to find heavy winter wear, but I love love what was in mine. I'll post pictures when Anthony's mission get here. Thanks so much Kini_ont

Indiana Anthony's

Name Received:yes

Mission Sent:yes- today Hope she likes it

Mission Received:no

Getting ready to leave for a Thanksgiving holiday with family. . .Wishing all of you a safe and happy thanksgiving!

Email Sent: October 15, 2010

Name Received: November 1, 2010 (but I just got it today, Nov. 2, 2010-I've been out of town)**

Mission Sent: November 24, 2010

Mission Received:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED-I HOPE! :unsure:

haai eveybody,

i`m sorry i did`t post earlyer i had some server isseu

did`t had internet tv and phone ohhhhhhhhhhh stupid UPC here.......

anyway everything is oke now it turn out the modum was something in it not correct.....

i have a new modum now the UPC man just left and the first thing i did was look here :rolleyes:

i`m so happy everything is going so good and a BIG SMILE is on my face ....

just keep the upgrade of your mission in here

THANKZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EVERYBODY :lol::cool::cool:

grodan Karin and family

email sent: yes

Mission Sent: yes, went out nov 22

Mission Received: YES, nov 26 came a box from Idaho.

Thank you very much! You picked all 3 from my wish/seekinglist. I have a teal/BN Fluttershy so to get also this puple/pink in BN was great. I must confess I like the Hershey coin better than the chocolate. :rolleyes:

The cloth and candy are also very nice things to get. Thanks again.

grodan Karin

Email Sent: YES Oct. 17

Mission Sent: Nov. 12...hope the coins are okay

Mission Received: Nov. 26

SANY0194-1.jpg

Our first snow for the year was back in October, but nothing that stayed on the ground. Today, Heine, Maxx and I woke up to find a cover of snow on the ground, and a temperature of about 20 degrees....a fine winter day, and a fine day to open my winter mission package!

I was amazed at what I found in this wonderful package, covered in gift wrapping paper. A cheerful snowman mug filled with Ghirardelli cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, a peppermint bark square, a candy cane sucker, and a chocalate snowman. A box of sno caps finished the "human" assortment of goodies. Impressive was the addition of a Biscuit Mix with a dog shaped cookie cutter...impressive because it shows the thought DEGAI put into this mission...I consider my dogs my family, and am truly thrilled you thought to include them in this winter mission!

SANY0195-1.jpg

I had none of the coins you sent. For those who can't quite make them out in the picture, Team Shydog (nope, didn't have that one either,) Geo Sasquatch (how exciting!), Cache is King, a DEGAI magic bean and a keystone DEGAI personal coin from the 2008 Geocoinfest (equally exciting,) (I made the trip to that geocoinfest a few weeks after having received my Chiro-Cache geocoins...I knew nobody there, knew very little about geocoins, and am always amazed when I find out the other geocoin people that had attended and that I was able to trade coins with.)

Every bit as wonderful was the letter I received from you. You were the very first person I traded a Kathy's Coin with...your personal coin remains a favorite to me. Your letter truly brightened my day...I am gratful for all the thought you put into this mission....thanks!

ILYK
Edited by drneal

Email Sent: October 21

Name Received: November 1

Mission Sent: November 24.....It has a long journey ahead.

Mission Received: November 27 from Quebec :laughing:

Riley-Finn and I are going to try to refrain until December 1st, even though we already have a foot of snow and counting. I showed Riley the box and he started sniffing and wagging his tail....he was extremely excited. I will post pictures soon.

Mission Received: November 27 from Quebec :rolleyes:

Riley-Finn and I are going to try to refrain until December 1st, even though we already have a foot of snow and counting. I showed Riley the box and he started sniffing and wagging his tail....he was extremely excited. I will post pictures soon.

Hope you both like what's in the box :laughing:

Email Sent: Oct. 16 2010

Name Received: nov 1st

Mission Sent: nov 30th

Mission Received: nov 29th

I was on a baby show this weekend and very tired coming back from hospital where my son had his eye surgery yesterday.

Went to post office yesterday, a package was waiting for me. A winter mission AND without knowing it, Jen and Matt send it to be received 2 days after my birthday, so it's almost a double mission in one! How did you know :) ......

THANKS a lot for the nice presents and the salt and perper turtles are sooooooooo adorable.

THANKS THANKS THANKS :D

wintermission-1.jpg

wintermission-2.jpg

wintermission-3.jpg

Mine

Name Received:Yes

Mission Sent:Today 11-30 It's going to Canada and should be there in 6-10 days. Hope you like it!

Mission Received:Yes wub.gif It was great!!! It's funny cuz we don't have very cold winters here so it is kinda hard to find heavy winter wear, but I love love what was in mine. I'll post pictures when Anthony's mission get here. Thanks so much Kini_ont

Indiana Anthony's

Mission Sent:yes

Mission Received:no

Email Sent: YES Oct. 17

Mission Sent: Nov. 12...hope the coins are okay

Mission Received: Nov. 26

SANY0194-1.jpg

Our first snow for the year was back in October, but nothing that stayed on the ground. Today, Heine, Maxx and I woke up to find a cover of snow on the ground, and a temperature of about 20 degrees....a fine winter day, and a fine day to open my winter mission package!

I was amazed at what I found in this wonderful package, covered in gift wrapping paper. A cheerful snowman mug filled with Ghirardelli cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, a peppermint bark square, a candy cane sucker, and a chocalate snowman. A box of sno caps finished the "human" assortment of goodies. Impressive was the addition of a Biscuit Mix with a dog shaped cookie cutter...impressive because it shows the thought DEGAI put into this mission...I consider my dogs my family, and am truly thrilled you thought to include them in this winter mission!

SANY0195-1.jpg

I had none of the coins you sent. For those who can't quite make them out in the picture, Team Shydog (nope, didn't have that one either,) Geo Sasquatch (how exciting!), Cache is King, a DEGAI magic bean and a keystone DEGAI personal coin from the 2008 Geocoinfest (equally exciting,) (I made the trip to that geocoinfest a few weeks after having received my Chiro-Cache geocoins...I knew nobody there, knew very little about geocoins, and am always amazed when I find out the other geocoin people that had attended and that I was able to trade coins with.)

Every bit as wonderful was the letter I received from you. You were the very first person I traded a Kathy's Coin with...your personal coin remains a favorite to me. Your letter truly brightened my day...I am gratful for all the thought you put into this mission....thanks!

ILYK

Neal, I'm so glad you received everything in good order and I was tickled to death that you didn't have any of those coins! I know how prolific you are at trading Geocoins! In fact, I (as I am sure that many others do, too) always enjoy seeing the awesome coins you have collected and post in the forums. I must admit, you hold many coins that I have never seen or heard of! :D

I don't have any dogs, so I am not sure what dogs like, but I did want to include something for your dogs because I know how much your dogs mean to you. I love seeing the pictures with your dogs.

I feel honored to have been the first person to trade for Kathy's coin. I love that coin for the design, color, and the honor you have bestowed on Kathy.

Thanks for all of the wonderful words you have posted-you made my day!

We have been wishing for a mission! Sign us up for 2-

Mrs usyoopers

email sent- 10/17

name received- 11/1....gotta go shopping

mission sent- 11/7, this one has a long way to travel

mission received-

the other yooper

email sent- 10/17

name received- 11/1....I'll send the mrs. shopping ;)

mission sent- 11/7

mission received- :D 12/2

The other yooper received an awesome box of goodies today, not sure from who but it came from Kentucky.

4e5d994c-87fa-4ba5-a54c-097d419ecea8.jpg

Lots of goodies! If the weather is truely frightful outside there was a book and a deck of cards, he is pretty hardy so he can use the gloves while he shovels snow, coming in to warm up with a selection of tea's and cocoa's, the mulling spices might just meet up with a bottle of wine in the crockpot! :anitongue: In case we are snowbound there was biscuit, pancake and muffin mix with a bottle of sorghum molasses to go with it. (can't wait to try that) For a sweet treat there was bourbon ball candy and a wonderful melt in your mouth creamed pull candy...we had never heard of that so we dove right in, fantastic!! A selection of 4 coins rounded out the amazing package... I love the Freezing Geocoin, perfect for us!!

Many thanks for a really great package, we will really enjoy all the goodies. :D

Mission Received: November 27 Laval K-9 ;)

Wednesday night Riley-Finn and I opened our Winter Mission from Claire and Wyatt (Laval K-9) :D

As you can see from the picture we had lots of goodies to unwrap.

b16b65f2-43ab-46d4-86ea-fa13ab1c5ddf.jpg

Riley started out with eating a tasty snack that Wyatt packed for him while I was laying the goodies out to unwrap.

I noticed that one was definitely meant for Riley, so I let him open his first, since he loves shredding paper.

Here is Riley with his new favorite toy from Wyatt the Geo-dog. Please tell Wyatt thanks from Riley for the treats, toy and Wyatt the geocoin. He loves everything.

2fa2ec25-8999-4403-8a44-e33a7817c33c.jpg

The aftermath. Riley and I had tons of fun unwrapping everything from Claire and Wyatt. You two made this a wonderful first mission for us.

We love everything. The mug, socks and hand cream will come in very handy. The tasty treats will be thoroughly enjoyed as well. I tasted the chocolate seashells last night...soooo good.

c5f407c5-cf68-43ef-a348-a607a7850729.jpg

The coins we received; Pink Cow, Summer Solstice Ice Cream Cone, Leader of the Cache, Geo-Sniffing Dog. We love them all,

but I think the Leader of the Cache and the Geo-Sniffing Dog are our favorites.

c0f4110c-932e-4053-9354-6554bd997fa2.jpg

Again, a huge THANK YOU to Claire, Claude and Wyatt from Laval K-9 for a great, memorable Winter mission and Riley and I hope you have a great Holiday and a happy New Year. :anitongue:

Edited by eseurat

Mission Received: November 27 Laval K-9 :laughing:

Wednesday night Riley-Finn and I opened our Winter Mission from Claire and Wyatt (Laval K-9) :laughing:

As you can see from the picture we had lots of goodies to unwrap.

b16b65f2-43ab-46d4-86ea-fa13ab1c5ddf.jpg

Riley started out with eating a tasty snack that Wyatt packed for him while I was laying the goodies out to unwrap.

I noticed that one was definitely meant for Riley, so I let him open his first, since he loves shredding paper.

Here is Riley with his new favorite toy from Wyatt the Geo-dog. Please tell Wyatt thanks from Riley for the treats, toy and Wyatt the geocoin. He loves everything.

2fa2ec25-8999-4403-8a44-e33a7817c33c.jpg

The aftermath. Riley and I had tons of fun unwrapping everything from Claire and Wyatt. You two made this a wonderful first mission for us.

We love everything. The mug, socks and hand cream will come in very handy. The tasty treats will be thoroughly enjoyed as well. I tasted the chocolate seashells last night...soooo good.

c5f407c5-cf68-43ef-a348-a607a7850729.jpg

The coins we received; Pink Cow, Summer Solstice Ice Cream Cone, Leader of the Cache, Geo-Sniffing Dog. We love them all,

but I think the Leader of the Cache and the Geo-Sniffing Dog are our favorites.

c0f4110c-932e-4053-9354-6554bd997fa2.jpg

Again, a huge THANK YOU to Claire, Claude and Wyatt from Laval K-9 for a great, memorable Winter mission and Riley and I hope you have a great Holiday and a happy New Year. :)

Glad to see you liked what we sent you. I really like the picture of Riley with his bone :laughing:

Each time I enter a mission, I have two worries. First one is knowing the package reached its destination and second is knowing my recipient liked what we sent. Now that it's done, I can relax and wait for my own mission to arrive :laughing: Meanwhile I enjoy lurking at other people's mission ;)

We have been wishing for a mission! Sign us up for 2-

Mrs usyoopers

email sent- 10/17

name received- 11/1....gotta go shopping

mission sent- 11/7, this one has a long way to travel

mission received-

the other yooper

email sent- 10/17

name received- 11/1....I'll send the mrs. shopping ;)

mission sent- 11/7

mission received- :laughing: 12/2

The other yooper received an awesome box of goodies today, not sure from who but it came from Kentucky.

4e5d994c-87fa-4ba5-a54c-097d419ecea8.jpg

Lots of goodies! If the weather is truely frightful outside there was a book and a deck of cards, he is pretty hardy so he can use the gloves while he shovels snow, coming in to warm up with a selection of tea's and cocoa's, the mulling spices might just meet up with a bottle of wine in the crockpot! :) In case we are snowbound there was biscuit, pancake and muffin mix with a bottle of sorghum molasses to go with it. (can't wait to try that) For a sweet treat there was bourbon ball candy and a wonderful melt in your mouth creamed pull candy...we had never heard of that so we dove right in, fantastic!! A selection of 4 coins rounded out the amazing package... I love the Freezing Geocoin, perfect for us!!

Many thanks for a really great package, we will really enjoy all the goodies. :laughing:

Your welcome and I am so happy that you liked it!

:anibad::mad::D:D:):mad:

Email Sent: 29/10/10

Name rec'd: 01/11/10

Mission sent: 02/12/10

Mission rec'd 07/12/10

:):mad:;):):santa::santa:

:D:D:D

Woo Hoo my mission arrived today (along with Joyeux Noel Mission from the same sender!!!!!(would love to know what the odds on that are!))

I received a pair of socks, a pair of gloves, two magnetic note pads (now I will allways have a note pad to hand) four sachets of spiced tea (looking forward to tasting them) a large thermal mug (which hubby has his beady eye on) and eight peanut butter trees (yum) AND three coins all wrapped up and placed in a super christmas tin.

Not sure what the coins are yet so will have to do a bit of research, i'm sure someone will let me know when I can get the photos up. One is a small white envelope, an earthday coin (?) and a very large copper coin with 5 green jewels in it (stunning)

So its a very HUGE THANK YOU to ESeurat for two fantastic missions.

:D:D:D

Sorry I'm repling so late. Everything in my life has gotten a little forgotten after my mom got the breast cancer diagnose less than a month ago. (She went trough surgery last thursday)

But my mission is now finally on it's way.

Email Sent: Oct. 15 2010

Name Received: Yes

Mission Sent: Yes 6th dec.

Mission Received:

Sorry I'm repling so late. Everything in my life has gotten a little forgotten after my mom got the breast cancer diagnose less than a month ago. (She went trough surgery last thursday)

Mission Received:

Kim, I'm sure whoever the recipient is will understand - sending best wishes for strength to you and your family, and wishing your mother a speedy recovery.

Mission Sent: November 24.....has safely arrived in Susiemerlin1 hands!! :D

Mission Received: November 27 Laval K-9 :)

:anibad: MISSION COMPLETE :mad:

I would like to send out a BIG THANK YOU to Lorca and Anne for organizing this mission, it was so much fun.

Riley-Finn and I hope this mission cheered Lorca up and that she feels much better :D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

My package will be shipping out tomorrow. No idea how long it will take, as it's international....at least it's still on the same continent.

Nine days if your wondering :D

Email Sent: YES Oct. 15

Name Received: YES Nov 1/10

Mission Sent: YES Nov. 16 & received

Mission Received: YES Dec 8

Received my mission today from Ashallond :ph34r: still under the tree awaiting Dec 21 :P but I'm not sure I can last that long, honest I'm trying but if I falter I'll post pictures

Anthony got his winter mission in today, so both of us are Mission Complete! :D

He loved his package from one of the River kids- with some candy goodies, a couple of pins and Christmas pencil set, a puppet I am sure his little brother with love, some med flight stuff (his dad is on a air ambulance) and of course his coins. He got a football (black and Yellow) a balloon shaped one, a Geocoinfest 2010 tag, and a large John Harrison Geocoin

I got a GREAT package from kini_ont with 2 Cute hats with Maple leaves on them, a pair of Canada Mittens, several different types of candy, hand warms (which came in handy last night at the Christmas parade) and my wonderful coins. 2 of the kini-ont doubloons, Canadian Micro with the hockey beaver, an Orange Pathtag Sherpa :P and a Wyken Witch :ph34r:

I would love to download pics, but my computer is acting crazy and will barely let me online, Pics are out of the question.

Thanks again so much to you both!!! Indiana Anthony and I loved them both and hope that our missions where as well recieved.

Mission Received:

Kim, I'm sure whoever the recipient is will understand - sending best wishes for strength to you and your family, and wishing your mother a speedy recovery.

Kim is my son :P I'm using his profile to all the main stuff (Geocoins, Premium Membership etc.)

My name is Kjersti (Norwegian name)

Thanks for all your whishes. Talked to her an hour ago. She's getting a little bit better every day. She's even planning to go shopping for christmas gifts now on tuesday :ph34r: Good thing she'll have her 3 grown daughters with her. We'll not let her carry anything :D

Email Sent: 15.10.10

Name Received:1.11.10

Mission Sent:16.11.10

Has to wing it's way over the Atlantic, might take some time, I'm afraid...

Mission Received:10.12.10

My postlady rang the bell and gave me a wrapped present. What a nice idea to wrapp the parcel itself in colourful paper!

Inside four interesting looking parcels:

5248445361_4dc3c0c70e.jpg

I opened the first one and out tumbled a handmade angelic looking angel! How cute!

The next parcel brought hot chocolate. Well not yet, I have to add hot water.

A warm hug on a cold day it says, so I guess, it's just right for this mission. Hot chocolate is something I really enjoy. It warms and makes me sleepy.

The biggest parcel contained a hand knitted scarf in quite some fashion colours, dark purple and tan. Just perfect to keep me warm on a caching tripp! Thanks so much!

Then I opened the card, and even that was delightful, dried flowers. I never take the time to press flowers, but my grandmother used the make cards like those. I love them, even though I'm not taking the time to prepare flowers like this.

5249050398_09e7634899.jpg

The coins were really special, someone has done their research here. I love geography coins and also collect pathtags, so I was delighted to get a native turtle pathtag (great design!) along with a christmas bauble and a really stunning coin I haven't even seen on pictures, yet. Canada's Capital Cachers 2009. With moving part and a great landscape on the back.

5249053640_4ee20720ab.jpg

5249052024_85984fb170.jpg

Thank you very much for those handmade gifts and lovely coins and tag.