62s USB interface

LandRover

Is there a way to set the 62s to NOT shut down when disconnecting the USB cable? There was a way to do this with my 60CSx but can't seem to find the setting on the 62s.

Thanks

Are you talking about shutting down when in mass storage mode of when on external power? If it's mass storage mode, there is no way around that. It needs to shut off and reboot to load the new file changes.

Is there a way to set the 62s to NOT shut down when disconnecting the USB cable? There was a way to do this with my 60CSx but can't seem to find the setting on the 62s.

Thanks

I got the answer from Garmin this morning and the answer to my question is no, there is no setting to keep the 62s from shutting down when disconnecting it from the computer when it's in mass storage mode.

Thanks

I got the answer from Garmin this morning and the answer to my question is no, there is no setting to keep the 62s from shutting down when disconnecting it from the computer when it's in mass storage mode.

What happens if you try to power it off and back on? Will it start up again in GPS mode and, if so, can't you just disconnect it then and have it remain on? Depending on the "loss of external power" settings, of course...

Explain how you expect it to stay "on" when in mass storage mode?? It is not in GPS mode. You cannot do anything with it when in mass storage mode.

Be careful and don't just "yank" the USB cable out of the unit. Don't know if it's a problem with the 62...yet..., but about 50% of the time, my 60CSx will dump all the user settings if I don't remember to "eject" it from Windows. Other people have experienced this, too.

I always just yank the cable. No issue so far.

However....when I download POI's from GSAK...then I carefully click on the eject drive icon in the lower right bar.