Good News on Snoqualmie Tunnel!

Dgwphotos

Sounds like we'll need a tunnel warming event.

Yes, indeedy! WSGA plans to hold another Going APE event at Hyak once the tunnel reopens next summer. This time, there won't be buses or fees, we'll just party at Hyak and folks can walk or bike through the tunnel. Woo hoo! :grin:

If it opens in June, we may hold it in early summer, but right now we are tentatively planning it for Aug. 21, the day after the Groundspeak Block Party. We expect both events to draw folks from outside the Puget Sound area, and that way they could make a weekend of it. What do you think?

Edit to add: Alternatively, we could hold two events - a local one in June to celebrate the reopening, and a larger one in August to coincide with the Groundspeak event. A lot depends on when that darned tunnel reopens, as well as arranging the park permits.

Edited by hydnsek

Sounds like we'll need a tunnel warming event.

Yes, indeedy! WSGA plans to hold another Going APE event at Hyak once the tunnel reopens next summer. This time, there won't be buses or fees, we'll just party at Hyak and folks can walk or bike through the tunnel. Woo hoo! :anitongue:

If it opens in June, we may hold it in early summer, but right now we are tentatively planning it for Aug. 21, the day after the Groundspeak Block Party. We expect both events to draw folks from outside the Puget Sound area, and that way they could make a weekend of it. What do you think?

Edit to add: Alternatively, we could hold two events - a local one in June to celebrate the reopening, and a larger one in August to coincide with the Groundspeak event. A lot depends on when that darned tunnel reopens, as well as arranging the park permits.

I am planning to be in the area for the Block Party so if you guys got a Going APE event the next day I will be there. :rolleyes:

The new Lite-Rail system they are installing in the tunnel is very nice.

The system will allow the Cars to leave every 15 minutes, accommodate 50 passengers with gear/bikes from each end of the Tunnel. Prices will be $5 for single or $7.50 with Bike. Parking will also be at Hyak side for $1.50 per Vehicle. These charges will help pay for the restoration and keep the Tunnel open.

Hiking/riding the Tunnel will be Tuesdays only at $20 per person.

You do know I'm just pulling your leg on this..

The new Lite-Rail system they are installing in the tunnel is very nice.

The system will allow the Cars to leave every 15 minutes, accommodate 50 passengers with gear/bikes from each end of the Tunnel. Prices will be $5 for single or $7.50 with Bike. Parking will also be at Hyak side for $1.50 per Vehicle. These charges will help pay for the restoration and keep the Tunnel open.

Hiking/riding the Tunnel will be Tuesdays only at $20 per person.

You do know I'm just pulling your leg on this..

:(

The tunnel is open. Official opening is July 5. Buss service up the pass to run the tunnel begins tomorrow July 1.

Looks good, I am going to head up today with the family and check it out before the opening crowds.

And never mind, that plan fell thru, ended up in Woodinville instead.

Edited by AndrewRJ

Walked through the tunnel today. It was great to do that again. Nice and cold inside. The only evidence of a redo is near the entrances. All the alcoves still exist. Bloody Finger Dirty Dippers is still there and in great shape. Also checked Iron Horse which L&R are taking care of and it is doing well. It still drips (rains on you) inside. The road surface is firm and in good shape. I couldn't get cell service at the east portal but I was surprised to find I had great service half way though the tunnel!! Inside! Beautiful day. Gorgeous!

Walked through the tunnel today. It was great to do that again. Nice and cold inside. The only evidence of a redo is near the entrances. All the alcoves still exist. Bloody Finger Dirty Dippers is still there and in great shape. Also checked Iron Horse which L&R are taking care of and it is doing well. It still drips (rains on you) inside. The road surface is firm and in good shape. I couldn't get cell service at the east portal but I was surprised to find I had great service half way though the tunnel!! Inside! Beautiful day. Gorgeous!

That's nice to know, thanks! B)

That's nice to know, thanks! B)

Rumor has it that Fen Dweller may be lurking near his cache during the Going APE...All Over Again event on Aug. 21. Consider yourselves warned! :ph34r: