Track options in GPSMap 60Cx question

Cyclops

I have a Garmin GPSMap 60Cx. I used it to made a track of a new trail. I went into the setup and set the Record Method to be time. I then set the Interval to be 1 second.

When I saved the track to my computer the points in the track were not even close to being 1 per second. Most points were 30 - 150 feet apart. I was walking slowly.

Is there a lower limit on how quickly points can be sampled at?

I have a Garmin GPSMap 60Cx. I used it to made a track of a new trail. I went into the setup and set the Record Method to be time. I then set the Interval to be 1 second.

When I saved the track to my computer the points in the track were not even close to being 1 per second. Most points were 30 - 150 feet apart. I was walking slowly.

Is there a lower limit on how quickly points can be sampled at?

Did you save the track to the GPSr first? Saved tracks can only contain 500 points. It will throw out what it considers to be the least significant points. Assuming you are using MapSource, save all the tracks and look at the one that is named "Active Track". This one should contain all of the points. I'm not sure what it's limit is, but at one point a second, you run the risk of hitting that limit. At that point it's FIFO, meaning it will start deleting the points at the beginning of the track.

Did you save the track to the GPSr first? Saved tracks can only contain 500 points. It will throw out what it considers to be the least significant points. Assuming you are using MapSource, save all the tracks and look at the one that is named "Active Track". This one should contain all of the points. I'm not sure what it's limit is, but at one point a second, you run the risk of hitting that limit. At that point it's FIFO, meaning it will start deleting the points at the beginning of the track.

I've been digging and have come up with what you have mentioned. I also found out the tracks can be saved daily to the SD card. These would be GPX files and they keep all points with all the data about time and distance. Just have to put the SD card into a USB stick and copy the files off. Thanks.

Just have to put the SD card into a USB stick and copy the files off.
Or just put the unit into Mass Storage mode (MENU>MENU>Setup>Interface>USB Mass Storage) and copy them directly from it without having to remove the card. The files are small, so even at the slow transfer speed of these units, it takes very little time.