How many souvenirs do you have?

OK so I have 1 souvenir so far. I know I might get more later from previous finds. How many do you have and what are they for?

I have one right now. I've logged caches in 40 states, and found caches on 5/1/10 and 10/10/10. I've also found an APE cache.

Any time frame on when I might get more icons? It's all about the icons!!!11one! B)

OK so I have 1 souvenir so far. I know I might get more later from previous finds. How many do you have and what are they for?

I have one right now. I've logged caches in 40 states, and found caches on 5/1/10 and 10/10/10. I've also found an APE cache.

Any time frame on when I might get more icons? It's all about the icons!!!11one! B)

i don't believe there is a timeframe at the moment.

Any time frame on when I might get more icons? It's all about the icons!!!11one! :angry:

i don't believe there is a timeframe at the moment.

I just reread the language on the support page on souvenirs. It reads:

"Certain souvenirs will eventually be rewarded retroactively to those accounts that should have them. You need not re-log caches but you do need to be patient. :-) We do appreciate the enthusiasm!"

It says, "Certain" souvenirs, not that all souvenirs will be rewarded retroactively. One of the lackeys just posted in another souvenirs thread that some have been awarded to those that were entitled.

I know the APE cache is one that is an active souvenir but didn't see it in downy288's profile, and I would bet that almost all, if not all of the retroactive souvenirs are in the Puget Sound area.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M

-------------------------

N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)

Is the secret of the decoder ring that it tells you what matches up with "Z?" There's nothing above it????
Maybe this will make it more clear:
Decryption Key
A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z
(letter above equals below, and vice versa)

I like the idea of souvenirs, probably because I'm very fond of badges on foursquare and stickers on getglue. Interestingly enough, I just earned the Delaware state souvenir for logging a cache, and neither I nor the cache I found is anywhere near Delaware. I wouldn't give it much care if I had at least been there, but I've never even set foot in the state. Unless somehow Delaware has annexed Buffalo and I didn't know it? :)

I like the idea of souvenirs, probably because I'm very fond of badges on foursquare and stickers on getglue. Interestingly enough, I just earned the Delaware state souvenir for logging a cache, and neither I nor the cache I found is anywhere near Delaware. I wouldn't give it much care if I had at least been there, but I've never even set foot in the state. Unless somehow Delaware has annexed Buffalo and I didn't know it? :)

I started another thread about the Delaware State souvenirs. I fired up my iPhone app and did a search (from my desk in Ithaca, NY) and not only got the Delaware State one but also one for Baden-Wurttemburg. The one in Germany (I assume) only shows up on my phone and not in my profile.

Now the Baden-Wurttemburg souvenir is showing up in my profile but if I click on it or the Delaware state one it produces a age with the error message: "You have entered an incorrect value in the querystring"

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

The awarding of the Delaware and Baden-Wüttemburg souvenirs was the result of a bug that has been corrected. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Thanks. It's gone now in my profile but I can still see it in my iPhone geocaching app saved section.

Assuming you plan on awarding state souvenirs retroactively will I get the Delaware State souvenir back since I've found a cache in that state?

Edited to add...

I just did another search with the iPhone app and now they're both back in my profile souvenir tab.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

Edited to add...

I just did another search with the iPhone app and now they're both back in my profile souvenir tab.

Same for me. I also just did a search on my Android and again received the Delaware and Baden-Wurttemburg souvenir. Both now also show up in my souvie tab.

The awarding of the Delaware and Baden-Wüttemburg souvenirs was the result of a bug that has been corrected. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Hmm ... I just got them awarded today when I fired up the iphone app. They show up in my profile, with the same error NYPaddleCacher mentioned when I try to follow the link.

Thanks. It's gone now in my profile but I can still see it in my iPhone geocaching app saved section.

Assuming you plan on awarding state souvenirs retroactively will I get the Delaware State souvenir back since I've found a cache in that state?

Edited to add...

As of the new update to the site, this issue should be corrected, including the removal of the souvenirs from those who received them in error and retroactively granting them to those who have earned them.

Thanks for your diligence!

As of the new update to the site, this issue should be corrected, including the removal of the souvenirs from those who received them in error and retroactively granting them to those who have earned them.

My Germany one went away, but I still have Delaware even though I've never cached there. Unless locationless count; looks like one of them is "in" Delaware.

My Germany one went away, but I still have Delaware even though I've never cached there. Unless locationless count; looks like one of them is "in" Delaware.

The Delaware and Germany ones are still showing up in my profile. I have found a cache both in Delaware, though I suspect that it's not really a retroactive souvenir, but just that my profile hasn't been cleaned up yet. I have also found a cache in Germany, but it was the virtual in the Frankfurt airport and Baden-Wurttemburg appears to be near Stuttgart.

The Delaware and Germany ones are still showing up in my profile. I have found a cache both in Delaware, though I suspect that it's not really a retroactive souvenir, but just that my profile hasn't been cleaned up yet. I have also found a cache in Germany, but it was the virtual in the Frankfurt airport and Baden-Wurttemburg appears to be near Stuttgart.

We've done another pass to correct this issue.

Please let us know if anyone still has either of these souvenirs erroneously.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Ok, the B-W souvenir is gone from my profile but the Delaware one is still there. However, I *have* found a cache in Delaware, so is this the first instance of a State souvenir that was awarded retroactively?

BTW, I have three souvenir related enhancement requests I'd like to make. With all the active souvenir threads (perhaps some of them could be merged) I'm wondering where to post my suggestions. Should I create three separate Feedback posts? Actually, there is a forth suggestion. Would a Souvenirs forum section be worth considering?

Thanks.

I do

Ok, the B-W souvenir is gone from my profile but the Delaware one is still there. However, I *have* found a cache in Delaware, so is this the first instance of a State souvenir that was awarded retroactively?

Correct. Delaware and Baden-Württemberg have been granted retroactively to all those who have logged caches in those states. Moving forward, other state (and national) souvenirs will undergo this process as well.

BTW, I have three souvenir related enhancement requests I'd like to make. With all the active souvenir threads (perhaps some of them could be merged) I'm wondering where to post my suggestions. Should I create three separate Feedback posts? Actually, there is a forth suggestion. Would a Souvenirs forum section be worth considering?

We will be opening a souvenirs section on User Voice. In the meantime, please use one of the existing souvenirs threads for providing additional feedback.

I do

Are they present on your profile, or in one of the Geocaching apps?