geocats

pat92

one of my geocats comes with us like a dog sometimes the other helps put caches together and he cheers me up when i cant find a cache therefore im going to make a geocat cache were people can put pix of their kitties and trade cat toys. tell me what you think and about similar caches you own or have seen thank you!

Hi, and welcome to the forums! I am a Pat in real life. We have 6 cats and a foster cat. When we put a cache together in a Lock and Lock, the cats think catnip is coming - yep...their 'nip is in a L&L. Obviously, we have to oblige with the catnip or there are some sad cat faces!

I love your idea of a cat themed cache...folks could also post photos with their online logs of their cats.

Hello! I have two cats of my own, and live with three more, for a total of FIVE Geocats.

Matilda, or "Miss Pants" is how I got my Geocaching name, and I have made a trackable with her as the main theme. 33484_1656077962537_1254734222_31826097_1230422_n.jpg

I have also thought of making some Geocat type Caches, but have no idea where to start (I have never placed a cache...) :P

Secret Agent Sam is also big into caching, but he mostly just helps on the computer when we are logging or looking at the forums. :cool:20553_1330532584106_1254734222_30992204_8154439_n.jpg

Does anyone else have any kitty trackables, or kitty caches?

Does anyone else have any kitty trackables, or kitty caches?

Well, I've just bought three of these

http://www.asdesigned.com/shop/index.php?m...age&pID=196

as our two cats are now almost 21 and are fading, just got really old all of a sudden and I'm going to release the trackables when they pass on

I have one of each trackable for each cat and one to dip as I travel and hope that we keep meeting

one of my geocats comes with us like a dog sometimes the other helps put caches together and he cheers me up when i cant find a cache therefore im going to make a geocat cache were people can put pix of their kitties and trade cat toys. tell me what you think and about similar caches you own or have seen thank you!

I was on the trail one day, going back to the car after a cache find, when I met up with a young family and their black cat following about 6 feet behind. It was their family pet and came with them for walks - no leash. I was amazed.

I don't have a cat theme cache, but I have a dog theme cache. I would recommend a good size container (regular or large) cache so the items don't get crammed in, and a water tight container to keep the cat stuff nice and dry (ammo can, lock n lock).

In my write-up I let people know that leaving a dog-theme item would be nice but not expected. I've been pleasantly surprised to see that many finders do leave dog-theme items. I check the cache at least once a season and remove non-dog-theme items (I put those trinkets in other caches) and add a few more dog items. It's fun. Finders have been leaving nice comments.

Edited by Lone R

We have three cats that stay at home while we Geocache. They aren't at all supportive of our hobby since they are left alone while we go.

Once we were looking for a cache in an area of woods that was in desperate need of a CITO event and my Hubby lifted a piece of plywood to look under it for the cache. He let out a scream like a little girl and jumped back about 6 feet. When he recovered his senses, we lifted the plywood again and discovered a litter of kittens. The cache was not there and we didn't take any of the kittens with us, already having 3 cats at home.

My cat usually helps me plan my caching runs.

And he loves trackables. If I don't put them away, I find them under the couch.

9e3b6ec1-6e1f-4775-a17c-ed03a5f64586.jpg

I have a picture of my cat with a cache (indoors), but it's on twitpic.com, and that site has been down for hours. But hey, this works. My cat (Larry) looks exactly like this one. So I'll just use this pic, thanks. :blink:

Theodore is on his 21st year and losing weight. He has outlived his brother, William by a few years now. William developed Feline Diabetes and plugged along for a year on insulin, but then went downhill to the point he needed to put to sleep. No immediate plans to have more geocats.

The one big difference between cats and dogs is if you take your dog in the woods it will likely follow you back out. Cats just run away, no matter how well you think you have them trained or domesticated. If the park you took a cat too is fairly close to home and the cat is fairly old it may demonstrate an astounding ability to find home when it's good and hungry.

I really have to say, I think the "newest Colonial Cat" is a little mean looking. I like the other 6 though. :D

Nah, he's not mean. He just thinks he's IT!

I love all those kitties. The newest member might just be ticky about his "haircut."

Where can I snag one of those coins?! So COOL! I would love to get a GeoCat Coin collection going...I have slowly started a GeoCat TB collection. B)