Selling Geocoin Colletion

KC7HFU

:P I am currently selling off some of my geocoins that I have collected in the past. I have artist samples, XLE coins, LE coins, first production runs and many more. I thought the best way to get rid of them was to sell them on Ebay so that is where they are currently listed. If you would like to see a list then look me up on Ebay as sell mjdodson208. This was just an anouncement so no need to replay to this post. :cool:

I'll explain it the way I see it, as I mail a few vinyl LP's overseas a month.

In order for me, as a seller on eBay and a user of PayPal, to be protected when selling something. I have to provide a tracking number of some sort that proves the item made it to you. So sure, I could mail something to someone in the Uk for $6, but does that $6 provide any sort of delivery confirmation? I don't think so, in sending LP's, it's around double what basic shipping is. I can send an LP to someone for $14, but that's at a risk I'm not willing to take. If it's someone I know and trust, sure, I'll skip the registered mail, but on eBay, I REQUIRE the buyer pay for registered mail.

As much as it sucks to see those costs, should always keep that in mind...

The only shipping offered is Priority Mail which $5 is the cheapest Flat Rate box. So his shipping isn't out of line for that type of shipping speed. I know if I was buying I'd like to be able to use First Class mail and save a little bit. Don't normally need my coin that fast.

i did a little test once comparing shipping times of priority mail with first class parcel. first class was faster every time. as little as two days from one side of the country to the other. kinda of amazing. :P

Let me clarify shipping cost as I did add to the note in shipping on the web page is that the coins will ship the less expensive way of priority either flat rate or calculated. The prices shown are the maximum that shipping will cost only and not the actual amount. Also in the shipping notice at the bottom of each listing it says to wait for an invoice before paying so that the actual shipping cost can be added. Also that way if you are interested in more than one coin I can combine shipping. If you win 5 coins then the shipping may cost more if sent by calculated mode instead of flat rate at which point the coin will ship by flat rate and not calculated. Please remember the shipping showing is only the maximum shipping cost. So if you want to do your own calculation then that is fine and should be pretty close. I do ship priorty as the tracking numbers are included in that price. All I ask is to wait for the invoice to come to you before sending any payment. However if you do not wait for an invoice you will pay the entire cost of shipping. This will be fine as I will refund any over payment as well.

I hope this will clear up the shipping issue.

Oh, by the way all the coins are now listed for sale. there was about 36 coins that I listed.

I'll explain it the way I see it, as I mail a few vinyl LP's overseas a month.

In order for me, as a seller on eBay and a user of PayPal, to be protected when selling something. I have to provide a tracking number of some sort that proves the item made it to you. So sure, I could mail something to someone in the Uk for $6, but does that $6 provide any sort of delivery confirmation? I don't think so, in sending LP's, it's around double what basic shipping is. I can send an LP to someone for $14, but that's at a risk I'm not willing to take. If it's someone I know and trust, sure, I'll skip the registered mail, but on eBay, I REQUIRE the buyer pay for registered mail.

As much as it sucks to see those costs, should always keep that in mind...

When I use Paypal to pint shipping labels, I only pay $0.17 for delivery confirmation. (Which is a tracking code) Granted this is only applicable to US shipments.

Depending on where you live, shipping is a nightmare, especially now on Ebay. Yes, as a seller, it is now REQUIRED to provide 'proof of delivery' in order to not get a charge back down the line. I have attempted to sell a few things on ebay since the change and this is what I found.....

Within my own country of Canada - $5-$8 for the 'lightest' item, and the cost goes up from $8 depending on weight and box size.

Going to the US -->$4-7 again for a 'small packet with not much weight' and up from there.

International --> $12-17 depending on 'where' we are sending it.

It is more expensive to ship within my own country then anywhere else which is crazy, but it is not our choice. There are too many people out there who would love to claim a 'did not receive' and if we cannot provide 'proof' of the shipment, then we loose the money and item.

When I use Paypal to pint shipping labels, I only pay $0.17 for delivery confirmation. (Which is a tracking code) Granted this is only applicable to US shipments.

Ebay doesn't recognize this as valid tracking. It only confirms a package was delivered somewhere, not that the package reached the recipient (which is what you need to prove in an ebay dispute).