Is there a retail geocache store in western Montana

she-she-marie

The REI in Missoula carries a few Geocache items. If you are heading to Spokane, check out Cache Advance as you can sometimes arrange a visit to her Cache Cave.

Depending on what you are looking for, I might be able to point you in the right directions, drop me a line through my profile.

Jennifer

REI has more stuff online, but the Missoula store does have a variety of supplies there. I Didn't know about the Cache Advance store in Spokane, I will definitely have to check them out-thanks for the tip.

what kind of supplies do you need for geocaching that you couldn't find in your average hardware store, or Target, wally world etc.?

not trying to be snarky, and not knocking the interesting products that some of the the retailers have come up with, but I personally can't really think of anything you couldn't do with a little ingenuity that you would need an actual retail store for.. at least in terms of creating a container or what not

:rolleyes:

what kind of supplies do you need for geocaching that you couldn't find in your average hardware store, or Target, wally world etc.?

not trying to be snarky, and not knocking the interesting products that some of the the retailers have come up with, but I personally can't really think of anything you couldn't do with a little ingenuity that you would need an actual retail store for.. at least in terms of creating a container or what not

:D

She-She-Marie is from Plains, MT. Lets just say that the shopping options there are pretty limited. There is probably a small grocery store/mercantile or two. I remember seeing a few gas stations and restaurants and small motels when we passed through town about 2 years ago.

Closest "big" towns are Thompson Falls, MT, Kellogg, ID and Missoula, MT. And I don't know if Thompson Falls even has a Wal-mart. There is a Target in Missoula and Wal-mart is in Missoula and Kellogg. When you have to travel pretty far (over an hour) to get to a Wal-mart, it is always nice to know where else may be worth planning a stop to shop for caching supplies.

Also, some folks like putting geocache stickers on their caches to make them slightly more official looking and don't want to make their own or order them from online. REI sells TB tags and cachekin TBs too. And Nanos I think.

I rather like Lookout Lisa's online selection of pre-camod tupperware (for when I am feeling lazy) and different colors of decon containers. And of course, the t-shirts and vehicle stickers and stuff.

For the OP- There are a few places selling Ammo cans in Missoula. There is a kinda expensive military surplus/pawn shop in Lolo that had a few the other day. Let us know what you are looking for...