did we beat The record for the most accounts logging

tsnyder88

They said we *SMASH* it on FaceBook and they will release the number tomorrow.

CONGRATS! You helped *SMASH* the previous record for geocaching accounts logging caches in a single day! Afghanistan to Alberta, Canada and everywhere in between (watch the FB videos). Keep logging your 10-10-10 finds and posting vids here. First hard numbers later on 10-11. Previous record was 56,654. What's your guess on the new record??? (again - don't forget to log your 10-10-10 finds!)

I ran into a problem yesterday and couldn't get out to grab a cache. So I didn't get anything logged on 10/10/10.

Today I had a chance to grab a cache, and when I logged it, I got a souvenir for logging a cache on 10/10/10. :lol:

Yesterday when you encountered the problem, were you using a smartphone?

Edited by sbell111

I ran into a problem yesterday and couldn't get out to grab a cache. So I didn't get anything logged on 10/10/10.

Today I had a chance to grab a cache, and when I logged it, I got a souvenir for logging a cache on 10/10/10. :lol:

No the problem was completely personal. A miscommunication between myself, and some relatives. I thought my brother was going to go with me to get a couple of caches, and he thought I was going to get them before we got together.

I received a locuslingua (i.e. Jeremey Irish) Tweet about 11:00 AM EST, they did it, but won't be able to release the numbers for a few days.

I did not find a cache on 10/10/10. Sorry, I have no excuse. I'm not a record kind of guy. But I had the day off, and found three today on 10/11/10. I did indeed receive the souvenir as well when I logged the first one.

I've been thinking about this, and wonder if we have any control over our souvenirs.

I really don't think I will care one way or the other about them. (I don't do travel bugs or coins either.) However, if I did decide to collect them, I really would like to be able to delete any I felt I didn't earn.

I must have read the message wrong. I stayed home and did not cache or log a cache on 10-10-10. It was overrated, just like Y2K or 2012.

Just stating the obvious here, right: this is a game. As part of our participation in this game, all the players banded together for a day to try to beat a "global high score." I don't think it was overrated--just an extra (voluntary) dose of fun for those who wanted to participate.

-Dan

I must have read the message wrong. I stayed home and did not cache or log a cache on 10-10-10. It was overrated, just like Y2K or 2012.

Just stating the obvious here, right: this is a game. As part of our participation in this game, all the players banded together for a day to try to beat a "global high score." I don't think it was overrated--just an extra (voluntary) dose of fun for those who wanted to participate.

-Dan

It was overrated, just like Y2K or 2012.

I would like to know if we accomplished logging more caches than in April. Has anyone heard anything yet?

We went out and actually did a micro just to join in. We rarely bother with micros........ :P But, this was a bunch of us trying to accomplish something. Not important, just interesting.

Shirley~

Jeremy posted on his facebook page that the record was broken. They haven't released any numbers yet, however.