11-11-11 Multi-Event

avroair

Does anyone want to trade their 11/11/11 coin for one of mine (Indiana)? I would like to have a couple of non-Indiana 11/11/11 coins as prizes for a drawing at my event.

Send me an email if interested.

Lisa

You opted in to trade - or at least that's what it looks like on the spread sheet. You should get the trades with your coins.

CF30

Does anyone want to trade their 11/11/11 coin for one of mine (Indiana)? I would like to have a couple of non-Indiana 11/11/11 coins as prizes for a drawing at my event.

Send me an email if interested.

Lisa

You opted in to trade - or at least that's what it looks like on the spread sheet. You should get the trades with your coins.

CF30

Santa Cruz coins just showed up on my doorstep! The mint picture (as usual) did not do them justice. I'm really pleased with them, they're quite pretty! Wish the poppy was a bit more orange but what can ya do. :) (Well, use trans #4 instead of trans #18/19, but shhh) ANYWAY. They're pretty and I'm happy!!

Pictures tomorrow when the light is better!

Santa Cruz coins just showed up on my doorstep! The mint picture (as usual) did not do them justice. I'm really pleased with them, they're quite pretty! Wish the poppy was a bit more orange but what can ya do. :) (Well, use trans #4 instead of trans #18/19, but shhh) ANYWAY. They're pretty and I'm happy!!

Pictures tomorrow when the light is better!

Oooo so you got to see mine before I did!! Can't wait!!

Did you have a tracking number? I sure want to be home when they arrive...

While at home waiting for the UPS guy to deliver iphones (still not here), the Mailman stopped by with a heavy box! Very pleased with our coins & happy to trade with any event organizers. After the event will likely have a few extra for sale/trade with others.

jrr

PS: We did not have a tracking number the priority package just showed up.

My coins were waiting for me when I got back from GCF. While they look much better than the mint photos, I was sad to see that the text around the ring on the clock side is barely able to be read. The mint didn't do a good job inking in that area. Have used that translucent before with nickel and had no issues.

Edited by AtlantaGal

The St. Louis version has arrived and they turned out nice, I think. Pictures will have to wait. It's been cloudy & rainy all day and now it's dark. But I will post some ASAP (perhaps I'll scan)

Of the coins that had not been opted into the trade, I admit to lusting after the beautiful blue Bavaria version the most - tho there are other versions I love too, notably (in no particular order) Emerald Coast, Pittsburgh, Dunedin, NZ, Ontario Canada, Portugal 2, Geocacher ZONE, Denver & Hawaii. 24 out of 51 isn't bad tho so I'm happy. :laughing:

CF30

Mine arrived late today. I heard the UPS truck stop and I ran out of the house to meet him!

I'll try to get a good picture when and if the sun ever shines again in Indiana.

For all you who opted in on the trade - your coins are stunning! Everyone's coin is my favorite!

If anyone wants to do a person to person trade - let me know!

Lisa

When I first came across these event coins after the 10/10/10 event I naively thought that the colour schemes were state colours. After seeing a few more I realised that they were actually the personal expressions of the event hosts. With that in mind I thought I would share the background behind the Dunedin coin.

The Dunedin Coin

e24e2f9d-7879-455c-a3b7-5c12179dc51a.jpgc0ffe3a0-bcfc-4908-934e-e7bf91d61bb0.jpg

The coin is predominately bare metal with an antique bronze finish. This relates to the medals of the period. The metal finish also relates to the brasswork, including bullet and shell cases, that were part of a soldiers lot during the war. Blue and gold are the colours of Otago, the province which has Dunedin as its largest city, the blue linking both sides of the coin. The gold celebrates the gold rush era of the 1860's where much of Dunedin's early wealth came from. The jade centre and outer ring on the back celebrate the "Pounamu" or greenstone which is only found in the South Island of New Zealand. Te Wahi Pounamu (The Place of Greenstone) is a Māori name for the South Island.

Of the coins that had not been opted into the trade, I admit to lusting after the beautiful blue Bavaria version the most

CF30

The Bavaria is also my favorite of the ones not in the trade.

I'm not sure which one I like the best but I do know that I am really liking the Spain coin!

When I first came across these event coins after the 10/10/10 event I naively thought that the colour schemes were state colours. After seeing a few more I realised that they were actually the personal expressions of the event hosts. With that in mind I thought I would share the background behind the Dunedin coin.

The Dunedin Coin

e24e2f9d-7879-455c-a3b7-5c12179dc51a.jpgc0ffe3a0-bcfc-4908-934e-e7bf91d61bb0.jpg

The coin is predominately bare metal with an antique bronze finish. This relates to the medals of the period. The metal finish also relates to the brasswork, including bullet and shell cases, that were part of a soldiers lot during the war. Blue and gold are the colours of Otago, the province which has Dunedin as its largest city, the blue linking both sides of the coin. The gold celebrates the gold rush era of the 1860's where much of Dunedin's early wealth came from. The jade centre and outer ring on the back celebrate the "Pounamu" or greenstone which is only found in the South Island of New Zealand. Te Wahi Pounamu (The Place of Greenstone) is a Māori name for the South Island.

Wish mine were that symbolic. I picked colors that would stand out for the artwork and sample and then Emma used those to make the Seattle coin. Guess there is something symbolic about being the first into the fold... mine came out nice and I really like all the others who were in the trade.

When we got to Rock Hill for GCF there was two boxes waiting for us, our coins had been shipped there so I could play with them as you all have :P

Since then I've taken photo's from different angles, backrounds, light I think I once took one upside down trying to capture the beauty of the coin.

What I found was I'd taken shot after shot of the same coin with different views and when I looked at the coin in my hand it seemed different. It was like they were magical or mystical, every changing, it wasn't until this afternoon that I came to realize this. Now I'm wondering if any other coins out there are the same?

I guess it's best I show you but first I do have to admit that I've not got the usual equipment to photograph (tripod, lights, diffuser) that I would have at home, never the less here are two photos one in the light and the other with less light (no flash tried that it just blinds the shot).

What's the consensus, should I post this photo on the website so everyone knows what their buying and are there more like this?

9f9360e6-307d-4a0d-b455-59fb5d687767.jpg

What I found was I'd taken shot after shot of the same coin with different views and when I looked at the coin in my hand it seemed different. It was like they were magical or mystical, every changing, it wasn't until this afternoon that I came to realize this. Now I'm wondering if any other coins out there are the same?

Oh my! A magical, mystical coin!! I want to hold one of those in my hand!!!!

When I get mine I will see if they have an aura about them also. Yes I think you should post them so everybody can see their beauty!!

I have only 50 coins for my event (half reserved already), so probably the next day after the event will notify here about how many coins I'll have for trading or sell with all of you, Hosts interested.

Anyway, as you know by the spreadsheet, Oakcoins has 25 pieces of the 'Costa Brava' version.

Edited: I'd like have other versions.

Edited by manu luq

well, as I'm going to be indisposed on the 11th and not able to make it to any of the events, please put a note down that I'd be willing to buy a couple from a few of you if you happen to have coins left over after the 11th.

(i.e. Santa Cruz, Space Coast, Napa Sacremento, Denver, Minnesota, Washington, Seattle, Michigan, Arizona, or Fayetteville, but honestly, I'm open to just getting 1 or 2 of any of them)