11-11-11 Multi-Event

avroair

Seeing these I am kind of disappointed that there was not more done to make sure people didn't use the same colors and plantings as others. I would have like to have been given some notice that two other coins would look very much like the coin I asked for. Seems like that was lacking this year unlike before.

6N-03364FDenver.jpg6N-03392FCologneGermany.jpg6N-03402FGeocacherZONE.jpg

I think they are different enough. Similarities were inevitable considering the date and the subject matter of the coin. You were told from the outset that there were only so many combinations of red that folk were likely to use. I do not see the problem.

CF30

Realize there are only so many reds but when a second color is the same and the plating is the same is when it makes it difficult to see the difference. I have been using the same colors and plating for 3 years now and I guess it just doesn't feel and unique and it has in the past.

I think they are different enough. Similarities were inevitable considering the date and the subject matter of the coin. You were told from the outset that there were only so many combinations of red that folk were likely to use. I do not see the problem.

CF30

Realize there are only so many reds but when a second color is the same and the plating is the same is when it makes it difficult to see the difference. I have been using the same colors and plating for 3 years now and I guess it just doesn't feel and unique and it has in the past.

I think I understand your disappointment. In one of the other coins I was told I had to change a color because someone else had chosen those colors first. It ended up that I liked the ones I changed better than original. For coins after that I checked the spreadsheet to see if anyone else was close to what we submitted. In the pictures you posted above, the middle one is quite different than yours. The bottom one has only one color different than yours but to me the appearance is quite different.

CF30

Lets point out that the back sides of each of those coins are very different from each other. The Denver coin did grab my interest though, due to the coloured poppy at the 12 o'clock position on the front side. I wasn't aware that we could use a colour scheme different from the paint by numbers provided by Emma and Mark. I'm learning all the time.

Another point I see is the description of the Denver coin on the participants spreadsheet is 'Art only'. You can't expect others not to use the same or similar colours if they don't know what they are.

Papa

Edited by Guwapo

Aw shoot - I didn't see Indiana :(

I don't see Indiana even mentioned! :blink:

CF30

She's on the original participant spreadsheet. Probably just an oversight and it's in the group that doesn't have photos yet.

Edit added: I believe Fayetteville is hers. It's on the list with no photo.

Edited by AtlantaGal

CF30

We have been using the same general color scheme since the 888 event (even though the poppy side threw me off a little this year). Since there were a lot more participants, I was afraid that I would run into the same problem, and looking at a spreadsheet, trying to see if someone else's was smilar to mine was too confusing for me. Even if someone's colors are not exactly the same as yours, there are plenty of shades of the same color that they could look pretty much the same. Maybe next year the participants will have the opportunity to see the individual coin art on the group website so we can better visualize what our coins look like, compared to the other participants.

Regardless, I would've kept my color scheme even if someone else's was similar, because I want anyone who has been to our events from 888, 999, 101010, etc. to have a set of coins that compliment each other.

Maybe mine will be here soon as well! :omnomnom:

Mama's just called that a big heavy box has arrived at home - looking forward to seeing one soon.

Yup, they look amazing!! :smile::yikes::smile:

a32c8881-7430-4bdc-b992-3587a132ffb1.jpg

Guwapo checking out the coins which arrived today!!

Guwapo's Papa

Edited by Guwapo

What a surprise to see a heavy box coming my way this morning. I wasn't expecting the coins so soon...

The customs took a hefty toll on the package though, never seen that! 14.90 CHF V.A.T. and 35 CHF of postal fees! Up until now, it was only 18 or so. That's daylight robbery, I thought I could be generous because of the nice $ change rate, that new one will make me think it over again... *sigh*

Anyway, thanks to Oakcoins and Emma for their usual great job, it's always good to work with you!

What a surprise to see a heavy box coming my way this morning. I wasn't expecting the coins so soon...

The customs took a hefty toll on the package though, never seen that! 14.90 CHF V.A.T. and 35 CHF of postal fees! Up until now, it was only 18 or so. That's daylight robbery, I thought I could be generous because of the nice $ change rate, that new one will make me think it over again... *sigh*

Anyway, thanks to Oakcoins and Emma for their usual great job, it's always good to work with you!

Won't be able to make it to the Swiss event, but if there are any coins left over I'd be interested in a few.

Swiss customs ripped me off recently too - ended up paying 30CHF which was half the cost of the coins I ordered :mad:

...and 35 CHF of postal fees!...

If that was your entire postage cost then I'm seriously jealous!

Me too!!

I'm thinking like me they payed for postage through Oakcoins and the 35 CHF is the brokerage fees to get it through customs.

Of course it was not the entire postage cost, but I guess I was never told the actual shipping costs, all I paid was a set price for the coins and shipping. 35 CHF is only the tax the postal offices take when they have to work for the customs and determine the VAT. In all, I had to add 49.90 CHF (roughly 55 US$) for the coins to cross the border and get to me.

Me too!!

I'm thinking like me they payed for postage through Oakcoins and the 35 CHF is the brokerage fees to get it through customs.

Of course it was not the entire postage cost, but I guess I was never told the actual shipping costs, all I paid was a set price for the coins and shipping. 35 CHF is only the tax the postal offices take when they have to work for the customs and determine the VAT. In all, I had to add 49.90 CHF (roughly 55 US$) for the coins to cross the border and get to me.

$US90 shipping to New Zealand :(

Hopefully no GST(=Tax) (otherwise that's another $NZ93) and hopefully no Import & MAF fee (another $NZ37.25)... and if they charge all that then they will also charge Duty... that's another $NZ62... so all up I could be up for over $NZ192 (over $US146) of Tax, Duty and Fees!!! OMG

Guwapo and funkymunkyzone - did you get charged GST, ITF/BSEL or Duty?

Me too!!

Hopefully no GST(=Tax) (otherwise that's another $NZ93) and hopefully no Import & MAF fee (another $NZ37.25)... and if they charge all that then they will also charge Duty... that's another $NZ62... so all up I could be up for over $NZ192 (over $US146) of Tax, Duty and Fees!!! OMG

No fees Chris :surprise:

Me too!!

No fees Chris :surprise:

Yup, after making a quick calculation, that would also be like $US95 for shipping to Switerland. In all, that makes $US150 to get the coins to reach me, in other words $US2/coin. And I've been told it will get even worse next year : they will lower the custom duty for cheap packages, and raise it for the expensive ones :mad:

I'm looking at AtlantaGal's bookmark list and seeing some very strange directions. :D

It is weird to see events in the US listed as being 'north' of my location in Canada, even though I know it is possible. But even stranger is to see the Australian events listed as 'north' of me... 11,000 miles north!

:blink:

Hello all geocoin's collectors and multievent hosts,

let me introduce list of all 11-11-11 Multi Event Geocoins below.

Thanks Emma for photos.

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher nad Geocoins Collector

- Seattle, Washington picture here ...

- Northwest Washington picture here ...

- Germany Autumn picture here ...

- Koeln, Germany picture here ...

- Ontario, Canada picture here ...

- Canterbury, New Zealand picture here ...

- Western Australia picture here ...

- New York picture here ...

- Emerald Coast, Florida picture here ...

- Bitburg, Germany piture here ...

- Lisbon, Portugal picture here ...

- GeocacherZONE, Portugal picture here ...

- Figueira da Foz, Portugal picture here ...

- Santa Cruz, California picture here ...

- Southeast, Michigan picture here ...

- O'ahu, Hawaii picture here ...

- Nebraska picture here ...

- St. Louis, Missouri picture here ...

- Dunedin, New Zealand picture here ...

- Savannah, Georgia picture here ...

- South New Jersey picture here ...

- Minnesota picture here ...

- Auckland, New Zealand picture here ...

- Fayetteville, North Carolina picture here ...

- Indiana picture here ...

- Nova Scotia, Canada picture here ...

- Napa and Sacramento, California picture here ...

- New England, Maine picture here ...

- South Carolina picture here ...

- Denver, Colorado picture here ...

- South Bohemia, Czech Republic picture here ...

- Mississippi picture here ...

- Costa Brava, Spain picture here ...

- Peoria, Illinois picture here ...

- Space Coast, Florida picture here ...

- United Kingdom picture here ...

- Switzerland picture here ...

- Southeast Iowa picture here ...

- Prague, Czech Republic picture here ...

- Florida picture here ...

- Phoenix, Arizona picture here ...

- Boise, Idaho picture here ...

- Pittsburgh picture here ...

- Munich, Germany picture here ...

- Bavaria, Germany picture here ...

- Eksjo, Sweden picture here ...

- Long Island, New York picture here ...

- Sequim, Washington picture here ...

- Coeur D'Arlene, Idaho (Geoswag) picture here ...

- Geoswag, Camo picture here ...

- Geoswag, Pretty in Pink picture here ...

So is there a special icon for these official 11-11-11 events? I wasn't on the ball to plan anything and just recently realized there's no local event planned and am thinking of hosting one. But I know it's too late to get a coin made, but is it too late to participate as an official multi-event?

So is there a special icon for these official 11-11-11 events? I wasn't on the ball to plan anything and just recently realized there's no local event planned and am thinking of hosting one. But I know it's too late to get a coin made, but is it too late to participate as an official multi-event?

Yes, geoicoin has onwn icon.

11-11-11 Multi Event Geocoins 4849.gif

Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

Edit: Sorry for confusing. It is icon of geocoin, not a Souvenir.

Edited by Bo.T.L.

According to tracking info, my coins are waiting for me at the post office. Since they were sent USPS there shouldn't be any brokerage fees. Just have to see what the GST is. :(

Love free trade!! :D :D

No brokerage fees; no duty; no taxes!

I can't say that very often in this business. :D

You can possibly buy 25 or more of one of the three Geoswag versions and then you would be an official event. Contact Emma to see. Without having a coin, the event wouldn't be considered a participant.

Edited by AtlantaGal