11-11-11 Multi-Event

avroair

What's the ruling on events that share a coin? Are they added or not? :)

We will (hopefully) soon be listing our 11-11-11 event in Samoa (we'll be flying there after the event we host in Auckland). Will we be the only hosts putting on 2 events in 2 different countries? Since Auckland is the largest Pacific Islander community in the world, we think it's ok to share the Auckland coin with an event in Samoa. ;)

We will (hopefully) soon be listing our 11-11-11 event in Samoa (we'll be flying there after the event we host in Auckland). Will we be the only hosts putting on 2 events in 2 different countries? Since Auckland is the largest Pacific Islander community in the world, we think it's ok to share the Auckland coin with an event in Samoa. ;)

What is a multi-event?

A multi-event is a group of event locations that share the same theme and geocoin (with the same icon).

Who can host an 11-11-11 Multi-event?

Anyone! An individual, geoaching organization or group.

Are there any restrictions on where I can host my event?

The event format is totally up to you. The only rule is that events that don't share the same color combination be more than 100 miles apart. Two events with the same color/metal combination have no distance restrictions.

What if two people would like to do an event but they live within 100 miles?

Avroair stays out of regional disputes. I would suggest the two hosts work together on the same coin or find some other solution amicably. Preference will be given to a veteran event host over new host if parties can't agree. Options such as sharing a coin, moving events further apart or dropping one event have worked in the past.

I think you're good to go!! - Does this mean you will be skipping the clean up duty?? :rolleyes:

Don't see why they wouldn't be added, they're a separate event. :) And technically don't all New Zealanders live on a Pacific Island? :P

What is a multi-event?

A multi-event is a group of event locations that share the same theme and geocoin (with the same icon).

Who can host an 11-11-11 Multi-event?

Anyone! An individual, geoaching organization or group.

Are there any restrictions on where I can host my event?

The event format is totally up to you. The only rule is that events that don't share the same color combination be more than 100 miles apart. Two events with the same color/metal combination have no distance restrictions.

What if two people would like to do an event but they live within 100 miles?

Avroair stays out of regional disputes. I would suggest the two hosts work together on the same coin or find some other solution amicably. Preference will be given to a veteran event host over new host if parties can't agree. Options such as sharing a coin, moving events further apart or dropping one event have worked in the past.

I think you're good to go!! - Does this mean you will be skipping the clean up duty?? :rolleyes:

No, we'll be at the Auckland one til the bitter end of the CITO, 1am, then we'll be home for a couple of hours before going to the airport and off to Samoa in the morning, to arrive there about 6 hours before our event in Apia.

Needless to say the Apia event will be somewhat more low-key than our Auckland one. Trying to ignore how much we're spending on that... It's going to be a hell of a weekend! ;)

Oh, and Apia, Samoa event now published - http://coord.info/GC3595P (shares the coin with the Auckland event) :)

Edited by funkymunkyzone

No, we'll be at the Auckland one til the bitter end of the CITO, 1am, then we'll be home for a couple of hours before going to the airport and off to Samoa in the morning, to arrive there about 6 hours before our event in Apia.

Needless to say the Apia event will be somewhat more low-key than our Auckland one. Trying to ignore how much we're spending on that... It's going to be a hell of a weekend! ;)

Oh, and Apia, Samoa event now published - http://coord.info/GC3595P (shares the coin with the Auckland event) :)

Envious, coincidentily read this article yesterday which woke me up to the logistics of two events. Good thinking, it's just the sort of thing I like to do. This year will be the last year such indulgence will be possible in Samoa.

Of course, there is still Raratonga for 12/12/12.

Envious, coincidentily read this article yesterday which woke me up to the logistics of two events. Good thinking, it's just the sort of thing I like to do. This year will be the last year such indulgence will be possible in Samoa.

Of course, there is still Raratonga for 12/12/12.

Yes, luckily the event is before December when it changes. Really this all came about because of dumb luck. We actually had a bit of a moment, after listing and starting to organise the AKL event, when we checked and saw we were flying into Samoa on the 11th, and then relief when we realised it's the 12th in AKL.

Western Samoa will be staying on the other side of the dateline, so it would be pretty easy for someone in Samoa to have two 12/12/12 events, with a short flight or a ferry trip between. ;)

Greetings all!!!

I have decided at almost the last minute to host an Event in northeast Ohio:

11-11-11 The Time To Remember GC352W4

Since it's so late, there will be no coin for this Event.

But, would someone who knows details about where to get the basic color scheme coins

please send me said details (TIA!!!)??? I'd like to see if I may be able to get a few

of those for this Event.

WOW, as a newbie Event "owner" I hope to be accepted into this great group of special folks who host these Events!!! Maybe I can get some tips to be better prepared and

to have coins made for future Multi-Events!!!

Thanks everyone,

Kelly (AKA GeoCharmer81)

Greetings all!!!

I have decided at almost the last minute to host an Event in northeast Ohio:

11-11-11 The Time To Remember GC352W4

Since it's so late, there will be no coin for this Event.

But, would someone who knows details about where to get the basic color scheme coins

please send me said details (TIA!!!)??? I'd like to see if I may be able to get a few

of those for this Event.

WOW, as a newbie Event "owner" I hope to be accepted into this great group of special folks who host these Events!!! Maybe I can get some tips to be better prepared and

to have coins made for future Multi-Events!!!

Thanks everyone,

Kelly (AKA GeoCharmer81)

Hi Kelly, welcome to the group and the thread.

This was the same situation we found ourselves in last year - hosting a 10/10/10 event but unaware of the multi-event coins.

I'll give you the same great advice Mark (Avroair) gave me - subscribe to these forums!!

As for getting coins for this year Geoswag will have generic ones for sale. I'm not sure if you will be able to get them before the event. Others on here may be able to answer better then I.

Cheers

Bruce (Guwapo's Papa)

Edited by Guwapo

Thanks, Bruce!!!

I knew about the coins-- my other addiction!!!

I just didn't decide till the "last minute" to do an Event!!!

There is another cacher from my area who usually does

Multi-Events who isn't doing this one.

There is another forum where a caching friend made a comment

suggesting that I of all people should do an 11-11-11 Event!!!

And, I do know about these forums, too. Just watch and don't post very often.

Planning for GeoCoinFest gave me tunnel-vision!!!

Safe and happy caching to all...

Kelly

Edit to add: if anyone knows if we can get the generic 11-11-11 Coins before the Events, please let me know!!!

Edited by GeoCharmer81

Thanks, Bruce!!!

I knew about the coins-- my other addiction!!!

I just didn't decide till the "last minute" to do an Event!!!

There is another cacher from my area who usually does

Multi-Events who isn't doing this one.

There is another forum where a caching friend made a comment

suggesting that I of all people should do an 11-11-11 Event!!!

And, I do know about these forums, too. Just watch and don't post very often.

Planning for GeoCoinFest gave me tunnel-vision!!!

Safe and happy caching to all...

Kelly

Edit to add: if anyone knows if we can get the generic 11-11-11 Coins before the Events, please let me know!!!

Hi GeoCharmer81

To find out that it would be best to contact Emma @ Oakcoins, she will have an answer

Hello!!!

listing 11-11-11 Multi Event South Bohemia, Czech Republic GC30HNA was published.

Color design of South Bohemia, Czech Republic geocoin:

4a6792f3-e761-47f0-ba04-60cd164e6d2f.jpg

I can to offer for trade these versions after event (hope):

- Lisbon, Portugal

- GeocacherZONE, Portugal

- Figueira da Foz, Portugal

- South Bohemia, Czech Republic

- Mississippi

- Costa Brava, Spain

- Prague, Czech Republic

- Boise, Idaho

- Munich, Germany

- Bavaria, Germany

- Sequim, Washington

- Coeur D'Arlene, Idaho (Geoswag)

- Geoswag, Camo

- Geoswag, Pretty in Pink

As you know, i would like to get all versions (51 exist i think).

Look at ... Bo.T.L.'s Geocoins Collection

Very thanks for your help to complete my collection.

Borek

aka Bo.T.L. Czech Geocacher and Geocoins Collector

I have a bunch of pics to post. I have two events today so I won't be able to get to it quickly. Does anyone else have time to post them?

Edit to add, I am looking through them (a tease I know!) and looks like I am going to have to try and get every one of them! They are fabulous!

Edited by avroair

I have a bunch of pics to post. I have two events today so I won't be able to get to it quickly. Does anyone else have time to post them?

Edit to add, I am looking through them (a tease I know!) and looks like I am going to have to try and get every one of them! They are fabulous!

Hi Mark,

i can to do it, but i haven't all photos. Only 32 versions and 51 exists.

Now I'll go back and see how many mistakes I made :P

Here are the coins that I don't have pictures of

South Carolina

Western Australia

St Louis

SE Iowa

South New Jersey

SE Michigan

UK

South Bohemia

Maine

Lisbon Portugal